Auto Growers Unite: A Community Thread

Does anyone know if their is a point in a plants life that it will stop trying to repair itself if damaged?

I accidentally split the stem yesterday it was 4 weeks into flowering. It was a clean split and I pushed it back together as best I could an taped it together with electrical tape

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!
Yes at some point it may not fully repair or recover.

You be judge on how long you want to wait.

If it looks healthy then your doing good.

If its dying or unhealthy and you tried for a week or two to help, then time to get rid of the dead.

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Does anyone know if their is a point in a plants life that it will stop trying to repair itself if damaged?

I accidentally split the stem yesterday it was 4 weeks into flowering. It was a clean split and I pushed it back together as best I could an taped it together with electrical tape

I don't know...I say it's a lost cause and I should come over and smoke it with you :passitleft:

Just kidding, She will be fine.

:circle-of-love:

If this isn't the place for this, I sincerely apologize... I'm a noob to this site and growing.

Just germinated two CropKing White Widow Autos and put them in FoxFarm Ocean Forest last night (5 gallon smart pot).

I added a little bit of water just in the area where the germinated seed was placed in the dirt.

My question is, how much and how often do I water while I await it's arrival above dirt level?

My understanding is I won't add nutes until three or four weeks, would you agree?

Anyone with Cropking WW Auto experience? Should I top? LST? Any "gotchas" you can think of for this strain?

Thanks for any assistance.

If this isn't the place for this, I sincerely apologize... I'm a noob to this site and growing.

Just germinated two CropKing White Widow Autos and put them in FoxFarm Ocean Forest last night (5 gallon smart pot).

I added a little bit of water just in the area where the germinated seed was placed in the dirt.

My question is, how much and how often do I water while I await it's arrival above dirt level?

My understanding is I won't add nutes until three or four weeks, would you agree?

Anyone with Cropking WW Auto experience? Should I top? LST? Any "gotchas" you can think of for this strain?

Welcome to :420:

I have never grown ww so I couldn't tell you.
I would recommend cutting the top off a 2 liter or water bottle and placing over top of where the seed sprout was planted until a day or two after it pops its head up. PIc below
20161211_011116.jpg

Either the top or the bottom...it creates a humidity dome over the seedling which is good for the first few days.
I wouldn't use nutes until you see flowers and then I would just use a bloom booster or tiger bloom or the like.. the ffof is a pretty hot soil so you shouldn't need anything for a few weeks.

Water as little as possible for the first week or two until she gets bigger.
Once she gets bigger you can judge how much to water based on how much your smart pot weighs....when you give it the first full soaking pick it up and get a feel for how much it weighs and then adjust watering accordingly.

What would ideal humidity be at this stage? If I can get the cabinet to that humidify, would you still suggest a dome?

Any thoughts on watering while waiting on it to pop up from soil? Just keep it moist?

Thanks for quick reply.

When is the optimum time to switch to bloom nutes with an auto.
Coco grow 30 days old LED mars 96 reflector 18&6 Northern Lights on about 5-600 ppm natures own guano grow and cal mag Atm showing pre flower now.

Good question. It's something I'll soon need to know as well. My guess is that once preflowers show up it's time to switch the feeding schedule. And is it something that should be eased into, or just wham bam have some extra nutes?
Depending:hmmmm: if you want to have a quicker change over with less stretch then start introducing bloom nutes when you see preflowers start to mass. But if you want maximum "stretch ability" the achieve taller Colas then I advise to wait until all vertical growth has stopped. The only thing extra my girls get when I see preflowers is a dose of BudIgnitor 0-1-2 (npk) on top of their usual veg nutes - *g/m/b, b52, silicate and calmag*. Then once vertical growth has stopped it's time for the BigBud, BudCandy, Xfactor,etc...
*fed with every feeding*
So short answer is to ease into it, controlled stretch is a good thing.

That seems pretty late for a split, but it all depends on how severe. If you've taped it up and it's still at full strength in a few days, you'll be good. Make sure to avoid getting water or dirt inside, and keep an eye out for micro organisms that will flock to the smell of open flesh. Hopefully it's not going to kill it, I think your odds are good. Although, that's alot of stress to inflict, it may try to hermie in response.
A good saying I've read here is...
"In vegetation they adapt and in flower they react "
Meaning that when flower starts they don't have the same ability to rebuild and/or build new growth if damaged. They just divert the flow of energy to where it can go and may fail to feed a whole branch, or be at half strength... It all depends on the location and severity of the split. But many have ridden it out to great harvests so don't get upset. :thumb: hope that helped :thanks:

Although it's already been planted, I'll advise you for your next attempt. I would, imo, do a full pot presoak before sowing. Then you'll only water again after it about a week old. Doing this has a few benefits, especially for newbies. Soaking the pot will give you an initial feel/weight of a fully wet and fully dry pot, essential information you'll use during the entire grow. Secondly, it will naturally draw the roots towards the bottom of the pot. The top layer will be moist enough fr days to allow for germination. Then as the first week goes by the "waterline" will sink further down until the pot is dry. Roots are looking for water to grow and if it is ready supply then they have no need to grow... Right:thumb:
But as you have already sown it, I would suggest watering around the edges of the pot and work your way to the center with even pouring all the way around. Then stop about 2-3 inches away from the seed/sprout, leave the center dry. I'm going to post this question elsewhere, thanks for asking... I hope my thoughts helped. :Namaste:

KiG Everyone :green_heart:cheers

Edit: if the center is dry and you still have no sprout then give a 50 ml watering but be careful not to mix up the media it may push the seed further down or disorient it.

What would ideal humidity be at this stage? If I can get the cabinet to that humidify, would you still suggest a dome?

Any thoughts on watering while waiting on it to pop up from soil? Just keep it moist?

Thanks for quick reply.

Seedlings like it warm and moist. They have little to no roots yet so they absorb their water through the foliage as much as they can until the roots are pumping. 40-60 is good for sprouts and seedlings. Then a little lower during veg and much lower during flower.

How tall are your ladies? You probabaly did some LsT tho huh. Just trying to figure out if mine are where they should be at this stage. Day 37. 15 and 12 inches tall - one was topped, neither have had any LST.

Plant looks great !

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App[/QUOTE

Thanks jm26. she was topped at 14 days and has been heavily trained. She currently stands at 13" tall but would be around 20" untrained. It is my first attempt at training, although I didn't do to bad a job, I can see how to improve on the next go and should only get better each grow.

Hello all :ciao:

Pineapple kush auto....day 49 from seed.

20170129_222649.jpg
20170129_222715.jpg
20170129_223152.jpg
20170129_224958.jpg
20170129_225019.jpg

:woohoo: That just makes me :yahoo::cheesygrinsmiley:

In looking at the close ups I can see why its called pineapple...as the pistols are drying the color is a def reminder of a pineapple....I also took and pinched one of the buds to see how dense it was.....SOLID AS A ROCK...hot damn..and then my fingers stuck together...and the smell was absolutely amazing....so tropical..I can't wait.

Question....how long does it take to go from clear trichs to....cloudy.....some amber....lots of amber..etc. I am just trying to plan popping some more auto beans around 2 weeks before these finish. Any advice would be great.

Hey guys, i want to share with you my auto tutankhamon just harvested :)

IMG_20170129_115401447.jpg

2 liter bottle for proportions :love:
IMG_20170129_133459621.jpg
IMG_20170129_231854702.jpg

Very potent, generous harvest and good smell.
King Tutan is back :D

Nice harvest bro!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom