Auto Mania: 17 Autos

I've never ever had an issue when topping an auto. I usually top them to the 4th node when quad-lining, and I top them as early as I can.

I've never ever had an issue when topping an auto. I usually top them to the 4th node when quad-lining, and I top them as early as I can.

thank you Nick - I am going to try your method - you obviously have got it down right! - I have 12 seedlings that I will transplant and take outside on May 1st - I bought a 10 x 5 portable greenhouse so I won't be afraid to take them outside early or keep them there later. 2 are photos and the rest are autos from RocBudInc - I am really excited to try them- his genetics are killer...

Cool, that greenhouse sounds awesome!

I'd be more worried about transplanting the autos than topping them. The only time I've had problem with an auto was when I transplanted two White Widows. They both started to flower the next day, and they were only two weeks old. I've since then noticed that seedlings grow faster in coco if the germinated seed goes straight into the final pot. Also no risk of stressing it out. The root development works very well in coco compared to soil. I'd only use smaller pots for seedlings in soil.

What a beauty - she's gonna give you a bundle and she looks delicious too.

Thanks. Yes, she should be tasty with those parents. Both Gorilla Glue and Gelato tastes fantastic!

Hey Nick, what are your thoughts/aims around the trichomes when you harvest. Are you generally looking for a clear/cloudy majority? I am shooting for some amber too as that level seemed to work well for me in the past but I wondered what level do you look for before giving them the chop?

Cheers

Hey Nick, what are your thoughts/aims around the trichomes when you harvest. Are you generally looking for a clear/cloudy majority? I am shooting for some amber too as that level seemed to work well for me in the past but I wondered what level do you look for before giving them the chop?

Cheers

Hey there, Stunger!
This is what I do. Once I think a plant has ripened enough that I would be happy to harvest it, I start flushing it. A plant that is ripe enough to me has buds that are as big as I think they'll get, not much white pistils, and they should be dense and solid when I squeeze them. Then I wait for the trichomes. I want to see only a few clear ones, most of them should be cloudy, and a few amber. For me that normally happens after a few days to a week or more of flushing.
In my experience the flowering time for most plants are usually a couple of weeks longer than the breeders state.

And another one bites the dust. My low priority Critical was harvested today. Her smell is definitely one of the top ones, she smells of candy. I want to eat her...
This lady has been a bit neglected. She hasn't been trained and she was put at the worst position in the tent next to the fan. I've had to pull buds out from behind the fan after they've been pulled in by the oscillations. Sometimes the buds were flat from being squashed.

And the girls on the balcony are having some rough times with strong winds. I have to hurdle them together and prop them up with chairs to prevent them from being tipped over. A few has tipped even though they're crammed like this.

Buds from the Critical. She starts to smell lovely.

Gorilla buds, these little girls look very very promising. They start to get frosty, too.

The balcony girls need to get used to that wind or relocate :) , at least the sun is shining.

The low priority critical :laugh:. Your herd is thinning Nick, you going to start anything new?

stay safe and well

:Namaste:

I just moved them to another corner, and stuffed them even tighter together. 3 of them had fallen but nothing seems to hurt these chicas.

I'm not really keen on starting anything new now but I think I have to. Zamnesia is sending some seeds and stuff that I am supposed to grow for the Zamnesia Cup. I've got 30 degrees in my tent already, and it'll get stinking hot soon. So, not very keen...
I'm also having some pretty nice problems. I haven't got enough jars for my upcoming harvests. I don't know how to store my buds...this lockdown makes it hard to get. I might have to get some plastic containers tupperware style at the supermarket.

Cheers

These are the living room girls. At the moment the 2 plants on the rhs, Blueberry nearest and White Widow behind, are being flushed and trichome checked every day. I'm expecting them to be ready any day now. Since they haven't been trained they need yoyo support for some of the buds.
Rocky Dirck on the left is still being fed.

Blueberry, harvest tomorrow maybe...

White Widow, harvest in 2 days perhaps...

They look superb! You have really got your growing down to a fine art and I feel fully catering to their nourishment requirements. Feeding them well so they are happy I feel is pretty key for everything else to work. I did better on that this year than last year, but still more to work on. I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be but your harvest ready plants look consistently in peak form.:thumb:

They look superb! You have really got your growing down to a fine art and I feel fully catering to their nourishment requirements. Feeding them well so they are happy I feel is pretty key for everything else to work. I did better on that this year than last year, but still more to work on. I know my eyesight isn't what it used to be but your harvest ready plants look consistently in peak form.:thumb:

Cheers, Stunger. You are growing some pretty impressive plants yourself. Soon chop-chop time.

Happy 420 Nick :ganjamon:

Hope you have everyone on your balcony tied down, it's gusty here, and always worse there.

Hope you have a good one.

:Namaste:

Thanks, Piña. Yes, the wind hit pretty hard a little while ago. I've had a few plants that tipped over today, and I've been chasing hundreds of clay pebbles all over my balcony. Now the 6 little ones are safely tucked away behind the shutters, and Critical got to come inside.

I would like to introduce the little ones a bit better. Today we're having strong winds and I had to take all plants inside the house. The 5 gorillas are from my own seeds, and the Royal Creamatic is the one that was topped by an insect when it was like 1 day old. They all start to look really nice despite their little 1 liter pots. Royal Creamatic is starting to give off a beautiful smell. The gorillas grow really well and I think I'll get some decent buds from these girls.

Gorilla 1

Gorilla 2

Gorilla 3

Gorilla 4

Gorilla 5

Royal Creamatic

Back
Top Bottom