Auto Topping Thread

Yeah, I did a ton of research and this is a tough on to answer. It seems the only way to gain this knowledge is to do it on your own. I think I am going to give one more dose of bloom nutes, then flush. By how fast this one has matured, I think It's reasonable I will be cutting on day 70.

If you get a straight answer, I'll be impressed. There seems to be a thousand different workable answers, but none are "right".

Best guess seems to be the best answer I ever got. ;)

I use my eyes so always a guess for me lol;)but to me those buds look good. u could start ur 2 week flush should beef up last 2 weeks;)

I use my eyes so always a guess for me lol;)but to me those buds look good. u could start ur 2 week flush should beef up last 2 weeks;)

Good, I thought the same but didn't want to embarrass myself. My first two plants to harvest were early, but we knew that going in. Just needed some so we wouldn't have to buy.

Hi bill and welcome are u on about an auto plant or a full term bean?;)

I dont really know what you mean by full term been but i have one young kalashnikova 17 days that i'm thinking try topping,
because the other 2 i tried lst but doesnt seem to work as it does on autobomb and big bang strains

Time to add another girl to the topping club.
RQS Diesel Automatic topped at 14 days. 19 days old as of today.
IMG_118327.JPG
IMG_118434.JPG

IMG_119031.JPG

I'm here for this! I have 6 autos and a semi auto on the way and almost everything I read said don't top or FIM.

Looking good so far!

Whats a "semi-auto"? Is Semi a seed company? or is the seed from a pollinated auto mother?

This is the same mystery auto I posted on page 3. Today is day 59. This is a 7 week flower strain from CKS and it showed first preflowers at about 3 weeks. So 3 weeks in veg+7weeks flower I have, tentatively planned to cut in 11 days on day 70. This will be my first harvest so I am not sure when to plan for a harvest so I can give a 2 week flush. Right now I would guess that I am at approximately 5-6% red hair. The trichs may be 20-25% cloudy, 75-80%clear. Should I be flushing, or should I have already flushed if I wanted to harvest at 100%cloudy to maybe 5% amber? If it ends up going longer than 10 weeks, I don't want to miss a week of nutes if I start flushing too soon.

P101000162.JPG
P101000759.JPG
P101000661.JPG

I would start watering with plain distilled water...right now! Nice job!!! That plant looks amazing!!! I am running my first autos now and I can only hope they turn out like that!!!

*edit: Do you have a pocket microscope? you can get one for $10 online...come in real handy for checking maturity...although, you seem to know what you are doing so maybe I should be asking you for the advice!!!:high-five:

Hi Mom :)

Thanks very much. This will be my first harvest so I really appreciate the kind words. I did actually start flushing the day after that pic was taken. I have been running clean water since. It took a while but the leaves are starting to deplete and lighten up.
From what I have been able to find out, I can't go by the trichomes on the leaves, and need to look directly into the bud. I do have a pocket microscope, 60x with led lights on it, so I checked and the buds are at about 90% cloudy, 10% clear and little if any amber.
I was planning on chopping 4 days from now, but since I saw the bud trichs I decided to hold off for 7 more days.
She is fattening up very nicely. I still don't know what kind it is, but I did cut a small lower bud and it is probably some of the best stuff I ever smoked. Can't wait til its cured :)
These pics were taken today.....day 65.
P101000163.JPG
P101000662.JPG

Thanks Beast,

I have an open question for anyone with the knowledge to share. I cut a bud from that plant, dried it quickly overnight, and smoked it the next day.
It was very smooth, not harsh at all and was very good quality. It burned completely to a white/gray ash. The flavor was not there, but I have also read that this develops with terpenes and a good cure.

I have always read that without 2 weeks of flushing it would be harsh and full of unused nutes that show up as a black ash.

Is this true? Why did mine burn so well?

Thanks Beast,

I have an open question for anyone with the knowledge to share. I cut a bud from that plant, dried it quickly overnight, and smoked it the next day.
It was very smooth, not harsh at all and was very good quality. It burned completely to a white/gray ash. The flavor was not there, but I have also read that this develops with terpenes and a good cure.

I have always read that without 2 weeks of flushing it would be harsh and full of unused nutes that show up as a black ash.

Is this true? Why did mine burn so well?

I would like someone to answer this aswell please

urmom welcome which autos have u chosen;)

I'm running some Big Buddha Cheese Automatics and a GHS Sweet Mango auto. I also have some photoperiod girls (Rene, SLH, Superhaze) right now. I have a nice collection of autos in the fridge...Candy Kush, Chemdog (both from Auto seeds), DNA El Fuego auto and something else... a pineapple express and another from G13 I think...

Back
Top Bottom