Auto Topping Thread

Thanks Beast,

I have an open question for anyone with the knowledge to share. I cut a bud from that plant, dried it quickly overnight, and smoked it the next day.
It was very smooth, not harsh at all and was very good quality. It burned completely to a white/gray ash. The flavor was not there, but I have also read that this develops with terpenes and a good cure.

I have always read that without 2 weeks of flushing it would be harsh and full of unused nutes that show up as a black ash.

Is this true? Why did mine burn so well?

Sometimes the plant is doing a good job of metabolizing the salts contained in the nutrients...depending on what you are feeding with, how often etc, your plant may be fine. I have found that a light feed schedule with organic nutrients makes for a clean finish on the bud (obviously!). If you are already burning with nice clean ash and no harsh taste, you are probably fine on build up in the flower...I would continue to use distilled water for the final week or 2...again, NICE JOB!!!:thumb:

my current garden;)far left dizzy lights auto.topped at young age.middle we have smokin gun auto also topped.and far right is cream devil auto untopped;)and the young ones are both autoxtreme;)
20160127_093722.jpg
20160127_093729.jpg
20160127_093739.jpg
.and added a 3rd led light to the mix yesterday.the new light layout;)
20160127_093803.jpg
happy growing every1;)

nice selection of beans;) urmom pineapple express is very nice;)

There was some pineapple express auto that was grown by another person I know last year and it was fire. I am thinking about putting half a dozen autos outside on June 21st and let them finish at the end of August...anyone grow autos outside?

20160124_124732.jpg
This is Maria she was topped at 4 set of true leaves. And then accidently coderized at one tip and tis created even more growth tips. im totally in favor of topping autos. lst is really good also but ill be able to compare results in a few weeks. ive done one fim and lst, one lst only with ponytailing, and then maria topped and fluxed. check my journal for details

20160103_090843.jpg
20151227_100810.jpg

sni im just like u I messed with autos and did lots of different methods stages etc.until I found that autos love to be topped at the right time;).since then iv been on a mission to show people of 420 mag that autos enjoy it.thats why I made my current grow and also this thread.as u say lots of mix opinions but I have changed a lot of peoples views on choices on topping autos.so all the work was worth it.as everyday goes by.i see more and more fellow gardners topping there autos or training.autos are there to be pushed to limit.u aint gna find out unless u try;)its upto us growers to put them through there paces and share the knowledge along the way;) and everybody is doing a great job.happygrowing every1;)

General question. I know some strains vary but is there a general amount of space needing to grow these autos?

Reasons why I'm asking is because I have a 20x15 room and trying to see how much would fit in there. I have lighting, ventilation, fans etc etc but I'm currently running RDWC so I have to figure out how much tube to cut instead of cutting 4 or 5 times to get it right.

noobie the bigger the space u give a plant the bigger it will grow.so try figure a nice number for ur area.if u have a small strain maybe ram it a little .but if u have big beans they will want some space to grow.its not all down to pot size;)

No I meant I median. Lol. No medium here since its dwc buckets. That's why I asked. I'm setting up my new room and want to try to figure out spacing so I can do the pipe work. I plan on just setting it up and never removing it or adjusting it anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

noobie duh to me lol.if u want big ladies mate and big buds give them a nice space each.all the best;)and dwc is another level mate compared to soil so ur gna have huge ladies .bare that in mind lol.if u want a permanent fixture;)

Back
Top Bottom