Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

Some people just don't grow them correctly either.... if you try to grow and feed an auto like a photo you will come up way short of the full potential of the seed

How do you mean? Is that a soil thing?

The NFT setup I use is designed so give the roots everything they need at all times so I think I'm supposed to just do the same either way.

Just finished emptying my growroom of kush so my new autos in NFT journal is hopefully going to feature autos in hydro going crazy under HPS very soon. Fingers crossed these ones turn out to be as nuts as the last ones I grew that way! :)

Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT

How close to a kilo can I get off 2 auto seeds out a mix pack?:scratchinghead:

The difference is the timeline... everything is rushed and you need to treat it that way... you want to get light close quick and start an early feed get them off to a good start fast..... you don't have time to plant and wait. Get the lights in close and start nutes quick you want to be on the point of just less than too much with out going over and damaging roots, or stunting the planr... this will develope a dense bushy canopy quicker... the more leaves the faster photosynthes can double then triple... this accelerates the growth of the plant and gets all you can put of as opposed to planting a photo as a clone or seedling... then up sizing the pot... then topping then training all under a t5 or mh bulb just letting them go and do there thing... you don't have 100 plus days you rarely have 90 you got 70 days on average to be aggressive and get it done and you'll have a good harvest .......

And that bring up another good tip... as ypu all know leaves are where photosynthesis takes place... there are a lot of factors but this is essentially what let's your plants grow.... anyone ever seen a tall lanky plant with few leaves... this is due to not enough light or light being too far away... then there's the other short bushy plant with lots of large fan leaves and short stubby buds....

With auto's you want to try and do both... if that makes sense.... when I start them out I crowd the light in as close as possible to spur the nice bushy growth with lots of large fans usually about 21 to 25 days this is about the time that the plant will want to begin it's explosive growth up as you all have seen with auto's it can be 1 to 2 inches a day in some cases.... this is when I raise the lights up high and let it stretch... now we have a plant loaded with large fan leaves to burn those nutes and light it's given and produce large flowers and you have now stretch her out enough that when the buds fill in you have nice large colas instead of little balls of bud or tall lanky plants with fewer bud sites that don't end up forming colas...

P.s beware of this with LED lights... in my experience they are very proficient and if placed as close as a mh or cfl or t5 they can damage or stunt your babies

Feeling accomplished got the room raised and the light hung. And got a nice pony tail for the night.
20151111_231021.jpg
20151111_231038_HDR.jpg
20151111_231444.jpg

OK guys new to autos/ im getting ready to plant two out of three west coast og autos I have going to attempt scrog with one and LST with the other one does anybody have any tips?

OK guys new to autos/ im getting ready to plant two out of three west coast og autos I have going to attempt scrog with one and LST with the other one does anybody have any tips?

Tip#1
Read the first 28 pages.

Fine looking ponytail baxter. . Now how close are your lights... with those cfl you can stand to be very close. ..

And with ponytailing if you can find a way to rig up one of the fixture you had in the beginning just the shop light with reflector and cram it right in to the undergrowth you exposed it will blow up... and only leave it pinned up bout 6 hrs

Ponytailing and tucking the large fan leaves under will go A LONG WAY

Back
Top Bottom