Autos Under A Mars Hydro FC 4800: Soilless & FN Fertilizer, By Farside05

Nah, 'there is no explanation' is the perfect explanation for this one. They are 180 deg different from one another 100% of the time, I have no idea why.

@farside05... yup, giving you the ol' firehose (sorry mate but...)
0cdd03f348ef163f708afe08a31ec647829d1b80_2_291x500.jpeg

I grow in Sunshine4 in 10 gallon cloth SIPs. Don't have near enough experience to understand how my mix will react. I do weekly microbes, in MC 2pt at this mix plus .5gm Mag Sul. Popped the seed Aug 1st. My concern is potential for nutrient retention w/ possible pH spike, I can flush totally if necc. but its not the first way you would want try and run these big betties. Going to try and run the grow under 1 ec for duration. Might need some more nitrogen again this year now but likely not. Is nutrient retention/lockout an exaggerated or common incidence for this peat perlite combination when it is a passive system like mine? Come say Hello!

ElementPPMNPK Value
Total Nitrogen (N)111.37509.90
Nitrate Nitrogen (NO3-)106.1250
Ammonical Nitrogen (NH4+)5.2500
Phosphorous (P)34.93806.93
Potassium (K)130.200013.87
Magnesium (Mg)37.71003.35
Calcium (Ca)99.75008.87
Sulfur (S)49.80004.43
Iron (Fe)1.80000.16
Zinc (Zn)0.62400.05
Boron (B)0.23400.02
Manganese (Mn)0.39000.03
Copper (Cu)0.23400.02
Molybdenum (Mo)0.07800.01
Silicon (Si)0.90000.08
Total PPM403.1250

I like to target about 150ppm of N and 200 ppm of K. You may need a bit more of those. When I did my Osmocote expiriment, the K deficiency didn't show until bloom. There was only about 100ppm of K in the Osmocote so I had to supplement it. Bumped it to 200 and everything turned around rapidly. So just read the green to tell you is you need more N and then watch for K about 2 weeks into bloom.

I don't like to use EC measurement because they don't tell you what that EC consists of. I like elemental ppm measurements like you have in your table above.

Personally I see no need for microbes when feeding fertilizer. The ions are immediately available to the plant once the fertilizer is dissolved in water. They don't need to be broken down by any microbes like with organic substances.

Sips seems to be the rage right now with more people adopting it. I wouldn't think you'd have any issues with it with peat based soil-less like Sunshine #4. Lockout can happen in any medium when you're feeding an unbalanced mix. I'd say yours looks pretty solid except maybe needing a bit more N and I as previously mentioned.

Day 64

No way these are finishing around the Day 80 mark like the previous grow, but they look like they will make the extra time worth my while.

Day 64

No way these are finishing around the Day 80 mark like the previous grow, but they look like they will make the extra time worth my while.

amazing... are you going to bend some of them? Cant go any higher on light an dthey look right up on them and still growing?

Watching closely because its such a great garden and Im biting fingernails in hope you land insane amounts of yummy buddage!

amazing... are you going to bend some of them? Cant go any higher on light an dthey look right up on them and still growing?

Watching closely because its such a great garden and Im biting fingernails in hope you land insane amounts of yummy buddage!
My plants on this E4800 plants are like 3 inches from the light and have no burned . Not one of them. Have several that close

They seem to have stopped the vertical climb. I could raise it more if I relocated the fan and filter to the exterior of the tent. I did pull some of the tops outward some which helped a bit

No, really?

I sense sarcasm.

My plants on this E4800 plants are like 3 inches from the light and have no burned . Not one of them. Have several that close

I got some bleaching last grow, but this time I haven't gone above 75% power and they seem to like that.

I really need to get an indoor grow going. 3 inches seems just wild to me! Last time I had an indoor you could only grow succesfully with MH and HPS lights... yeah gotta get into the magick of LEDs.

They seem to have stopped the vertical climb. I could raise it more if I relocated the fan and filter to the exterior of the tent. I did pull some of the tops outward some which helped a bit

Okie dokie! Very excited for you :)

It's been a while. Got a new job and had an out of town trip for some training. I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. Sub-Irrigation Planters seem to be the hot topic around here lately so I have some ordered for the next grow. Also flirting with the idea of doing them with Osmocote and supplementing with additional Cal-Mag and Potassium in bloom like I found necessary in one of my other threads.

My favorite is the shortest (front right). She's got some seriously dense, frost covered buds. Back right and front left are very leggy and needed a lot of stakes. Would be a good strain for a scrog since the majority want to stretch.

Back
Top Bottom