Bag Seed Beauty First Grow

Michael Hunt

Well guys and girls after alot of reading here and some convincing from other members i decided to start my own journal. Heres a bagseed plant i started a few months back, Using Pro mix soil, Earth Juice Grow and Humboldt Naturals Bloom under a 400W HPS. I have been using Baking soda and a liquid test kit to test/adjust my Ph to roughly 6.5-6.8. Heres a photo of her after her first 12 hour night cycle sitting at 14" Oct. 29
Oct_26.jpg

And now here she is as of last week roughly 2 1/2 weeks later sitting at 32"
NEW_1008.jpg

Im not sure of the strain but it is obvious that she will be a big producer. Now i am just worried about her out growing the cabinet she's in. The number of pistils is starting to double by the day and the pre-flowers are begining to look like buds :cheer: I couldnt be happier with how this is turning out for my first attempt. Heres a few other pics i have at hand and will post more later.

NEW_1009.jpg

NEW_1021.jpg

NEW_1011.jpg

NEW_1017.jpg

If any body has any ideas of what to do if she does end up reaching the light? Can is till supercrop this late into flower, i would hate to break the main shoot off by accident. You cant see by the last pictures but she only has about 8-10" until she touches the lens. Any thoughts and suggestions appreciated. :ganjamon:

Ok heres a few photos from yesterday, She passed the 35" mark last night, i swear it grows at least 1" - 1 1/2" every day :cheer:

Nov_16_009.jpg

Nov_16_006.jpg

Nov_16_007.jpg

Nov_16_008.jpg

My home-made carbon scrubber attached to the exhaust side
Nov_16_012.jpg

When the doors are closed there is enough suction through the carbon filer to draw air in through this vent
Nov_16_013.jpg

Speed control for the Vortex in my attic
Nov_16_016.jpg

My hydrofarm reflector, layed flush into the top shelf of the cabinet, keeping the light seperate from the plant chamber. temps never go above 70* in the top chamber
Nov_16_011.jpg

Well thats my setup, if any body has a suggestion to deal with my height issue i need some input. I only have about 7-8 inches until the main cola touches the lens

Rockin lil grow you got goin bro, i woulda put another plant in there, but you're still doin good. Set up looks nice, clean and organized...

plants usually stop stretching 2-3 weeks in, if you have 6-7 inches you should be ok, i would tie her top down and low as possible without snapping it, becareful because during flower your ladies wont be as pliable/limber..

otherwise, you're doin a :goodjob::surf:

:popcorn:

Be@utiful l@dy you got there!! She's @ monster. @lmost time to bre@k out them bo@rds too!!!!!!!:rocker::rocker:

Drojo: I was thinking tieng it down some but i have tried to bend the main stem a bit and it feels very brittle so i'll play that one by ear. her stretch is slowing from what it started (about 2" a day for the first week and a half) but she hasnt stopped yet. Maybe i'll just sweet talk her a bit ;)
Had to edit this in since i forgot but there were 2 plants in there at one point. this one and one i had LST'd, the LST got to about 8" before its balls dropped. Would have been nice if it was a female since they were two TOTALLY different strains but with the way this one is turning out im not too upset about it anymore.

AmGrowR: thanks man, she's so much bigger than i ever thought she would get. Took a few minutes to realize what u meant by the boards, i couldnt be more stoked for this winter, 34 more days until the official first day of winter!!

Time for an update.

She's been yellowing more but hopefully with tomorrows feeding i should see some improvements. Heres a few pictures of how she sits as of now. 38" - 39" tall and roughly 3" from touching the lens on the light.

Shes drooping on only one side towards the top of the plant.
Nov_23_001.jpg

Nov_23_002.jpg

Before trimming off some of the bad yellow leaves from the bottom.
Nov_23_004.jpg

Nov_23_005.jpg

And some sick leaves. They dont look very yellow in these but trust me they are.
Nov_23_006.jpg

Nov_23_008.jpg

Nov_23_007.jpg

If anybody thinks theres something going on other than a nitrogen def. please speak up. Im only starting my 4th week of flower and its getting worse faster. I need to go :bong:

Thanks dean, i have the nutes all mixed and ready for her watering tomorrow (crossing fingers) mixed 5ML of Humboldt Natural bloom, 5Ml Hunboldt Natural Grow and 10Ml Deuce Deuce per gallon of RO water. I picked up Humboldt's feeding chart to follow for the remainder of this grow.

Thanks dean she needs it. I tested some run off last night and YIKES. it was around 4 so a went ahead and flushed about 3-5 gallons of Ph'd water through her untill the run off read roughly 6.5. So once the soil drys AGAIN im going to giver her the first shot of N hoping it wont be too late. AH this is making me sick

Thanks dean she needs it. I tested some run off last night and YIKES. it was around 4 so a went ahead and flushed about 3-5 gallons of Ph'd water through her untill the run off read roughly 6.5. So once the soil drys AGAIN im going to giver her the first shot of N hoping it wont be too late. AH this is making me sick

Don't worry Mike, during the 3rd and 4th week(roughly of flower) cannabis plants tend to rampage through their Nitrogen stores in the fan leaves. So the yellowing is fairly common & normal. You should up the nitrogen a bit, but just be advised that the leaves that have turned yellow wont turn green again, even if the situation is rectified. If you notice that no more of leaves turn yellow or the yellow has halted, you kno your back on your way..

Still doin good mike :goodjob:

take care :surf:

Its mainly the fans that are yellowing, I have removed alot of the Largest lowest ones i just dont want to lose the fans around the main stem towards the top since they are developint Tric's and i would hate to see them fall. Thanks for the support Dro

Hey was up just droped in to c how things are doing hope your baby gets better

Thanks Bigman, She hasnt gotten any better yet but she isnt getting worse anymore, i checked her today on my lunch break and the yellowing has stopped spreading as fast. I'll post some pics when she decides to cheer up and not look so sappy. Thanks guys

Well Its been a few days and my camera broke so no more pics as of right now. Turns out she is really a He in disguise :yikes: and a big one at that. It looks like at the base of where every set of pistils is starting to swell and split open. I have pulled maybe 5-6 seeds so far. its weird though, they look like a small green seed with no trics or hair on the outside but yet there are 2 pistils stuck to the end of it. Not sure if i even want to finish it out since its starting to look like there will be more seed than bud. im gonna feed it one last time today and in a few days if the seeds just start exploding then i'll axe her/him. Oh and the pistils are starting to change to orange? All in all this has been a very odd plant and im not sure what i want to do yet, wait and see what happens since pistils are changing and theres at least one of the lower buds that looks seed-free. and when i say pistils are starting to change i mean that there are maybe 3 sets of pistils that have turned on the entire plant and they arent on one of the tops. Sorry for the rambling on :bongrip:

Well send this on over to completed journals, i chopped it down last night. After removing 1 bud and pulling it appart, i cam to the conclusion that it wasnt worth it for me to keep it going with how many male flowers it was throwing. It kills me to chop it down so early but with the amount of bud there actually was compared to seeds and pods there wasnt much to smoke. I'm drying now and maybe make some butter with it. This will not be my last journal, just the last one for a few months untill i move and get settled in. i have seeds on the way, S.A.G.E. Th seeds, Vortex TGA subcool seeds, and 4 different freebies and i plan on doing them DWC. Thanks for the support from those who gave it. Hopefully my second grow will go a little better. Peace :hippy:

Back
Top Bottom