Bard's Third: Indoor, Coco, Chemdogs, Doctor & NL

Looking nice and healthy Bard :excellent:

The relaxed quadline approach to my Peyote Critical left me with a tangled mess!

full

So much larf and hours to trim. If I run a quad again I think I'll be a bit less "relaxed" :).

I'm not sure you would be letting yours get this out of control though!

I don't know Shed, one man's "tangled mess" in another man's "bountiful harvest." :)

Let's just say that my quad-line this time around won't be quite as structured as in my first grow, but I still really like the technique and the results.

How are things going for you today?

Thanks for stopping by.

Still catching up on the weekend's missed posts! Usually takes me two days, so I'm getting close now :).

If only folks were thoughtful enough to add a link that says "here is today's update," that would make it a lot easier for all of us. HA!

:rofl:

LOL. I have a hard time saying no to beans and cuts - I want it ALL... I feel your pain, I have a lifetime of beans dating back 20 years and I'm still adding to the collection, as well as making my own. I need a big ass farm - THEN I could really do some serious damage :cool:

I bet your seed cellar is 100% capable of providing some serious damage as it is, Katsu.

Seeds from the late 90ies. Thats heavy!!!

Hey everyone,

Hope that your weekend was awesome! Mine flew by really quick.

But I did just spent some time with my four plants, and I am still really pleased with them. Today is DAY 48 since germination, so coming up on the end of WEEK 7 in veg. I am really amazed at how much they have exploded with growth since my last update.

I'm feeling really good about the nute concentration and composition. Lots of healthy growth, nice green colour, but no burned tips or curling leaves. I made up a new batch of formula today, and have started transitioning the ingredients to get ready for flipping to 12/12 soon. I want to give them one more close inspection before I flip the lights. Before I start flowering them, I might take a couple of cuttings, or perhaps reverse a branch on one or two plants. We'll see.

I had them all out of the tent this afternoon for some fine-tuning of their quad-line training. As I mentioned in my last update, I am doing very little defoliation for this grow, and you can see they are all quite bushy and dense with leaves.

The Doctor and NL are both getting quite large - still short, but very broad, well over the edge of the fabric pots. The two chems - DinaChem and Chem 91 - are strikingly different in shape and style from each other. The Dina is squat and broad, whereas the Chem 91 is narrow and tall.

Anyhow, here the girls are, as of a few minutes ago (side and top view of each):

Northern Lights:

IMG_3526.JPG

IMG_3528.JPG

The Doctor:

IMG_3530.JPG

IMG_3531.JPG

DinaChem:

IMG_3534.JPG

IMG_3537.JPG

Chem 91 S1:

IMG_3539.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

My thinking right now is that I will take cuttings and/or reverse a branch around the middle of this week, and then flip to 12/12 next weekend. They will have given them a full eight weeks in veg, plus a few more days before pistils will start to show.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the finale of the weekend.

Your Dinachem looks just like mine did. They’re very similar to Stardawg in structure.

Thanks Penny. If my plant looks anything like yours, then I am excited! :)

Do you think it is typical for the Chem to have more of an upright growth habit? It is quite tall and narrow compared to the others.

Nice looking quads Bard! I hope your glutes are equally as developed :).

Ha! :)

Neither my personal quads nor glutes are developed at all. My plants' quads are forming up nicely. Thanks Shed!

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the long pause. Life got kind of chaotic, in a good way, but it prevented me from posted much here at all for the past week or so. I just had time to water the girls, but not much else. So they have been left to their own devices, and seem to be loving it, except for one small potential problem, which I will flag below. I had planned to flip to 12/12 about a week ago, but since I wanted to do a bit more training before starting flowering, I just let them keep vegging. Finally got the training done today (just tying down the tallest spikes to even out the canopy, no defol), and so will let them settle back in, and then flip, probably on Wednesday. FYI, today is DAY 62 since germination. Here they are (after training, top and side view of each):

The Doctor:

IMG_3580.JPG

IMG_3581.JPG

Northern Lights:

IMG_3594.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

DinaChem:

IMG_3592.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

Chem 91 S1:

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3585.JPG

On the whole, I think that they are looking pretty good. A bit droopy, but they always seem to look like that in the afternoon when I work on them. When I check back after lights have been on for an hour or so, they are nice and perky.

However, I do have a problem emerging with the Chem 91 S1. There are some yellowing patches or mottling emerging on the mid-level leaves. You can see a bit in the photos above, but here are some close ups:

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

What do folks think is the problem? I don't think that it is a pH problem, nor environment (temp and RH are both good), and it doesn't look like a CA problem. So maybe as simple as nitrogen? I seem to recall @Pennywise saying that his Chem 91 was a nitrogen-glutton? Or perhaps potassium? Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm off to visit all the journals that I have neglected over the past week - I will never catch up!! :)

Maybe up your nutes just a bit, the first photo almost looks like something splashed on the leaf.

The brown/grey dot in the corner of one leaf is definitely a water drop. The yellow-y blotches is what I was focused on, and I think you are right - I will increase the nutes a bit starting tomorrow. The gal is still growing like crazy though - tallest one of the bunch. Bet she is going to stretch a lot too. Thanks Penny.

Back
Top Bottom