Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-Dirt

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

your flowers are nice and fat

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

Thanks for the PVC shots CareStalker, I may have to try it out if I end up getting overly annoyed by the tent suck.

Your LH maybe taking a while, but those Lucy buds sure are fat.

You're welcome, CD, anytime.
Thanks man, Lucy was slow too, but she's filled out right in time for the party! :)

The red light on your power bar may give you trouble in flower, I would cover it with something.

Once in a while, I still look at it and pause...and then I slowly remember that.....that powerstrip is plugged into the timer, so it's only powered up under 12/12. Thank you for looking out KJC!

your flowers are nice and fat

Thank you kindly, B. They are the fattest that I've grown by a decent margin. She was worth the extra time, from a grow perspective. I hope to be able to say that after the smoke too. She smells Old School all the way :)

Peace to all . :peace:
:thanks::420:

Looked Liberty over, and found some mold. The buds on the bottom mostly. I would find really small patch of hair, and then I'd get the scope, and toss the bud upon confirmation. I'd say about a half, to a full z.

Thinking of chopping both this weekend ~ 80 something days?
Just tried a bottom nug from Lucy, and she's about come together, I'm smoking it right now :)
She's gonna be niiiice. Another option is, chopping the moldy Liberty, and leaving Lucy for a bit. Still not sure.
I don't know how mold spreads in a tent, and don't yet know much about controlling it, so I'm looking to clean it out a bit.

:peace::Namaste:

Harvest today Liberty Haze:
sprout 8/26
Photoperiod 10/4
Flower 10/20
Harvest 1/12 - 82 days flower, 98 days of 12hr light. Holy Sheet!

Pests and problems:
Nutrient burn and lockout due to unknown, week 2-3 of flower
Insufficient lower canopy pruning and defolation, combined with insufficient airflow (plenty of air circ, though), beginnings of mold in week 11.

Hopefully, when I grow her again, I'll not repeat any mistakes. I've filled up a box that generally will hold two small plants. Let's see how much doesn't mold up. I washed these as you can see. Lemon/Baking soda, hot, cold, warm.

For giggles, I put one of them on the scale, and one of these tops weighed over 90 wet. Weird development too. She got frosty at the start, then didn't frost at all, except for the calyxes, which were pretty densely populated, but nothing like I was expecting. I may have futzed them up, but that might be common with these. I'll dry these and post an approx soon. I've cut about 1-1.5 from her, as there were mold spots here and there. I threw those out with the rootball, all the trim, and the smartpot. I then sanitized my areas, tools, and then changed clothes, washed my hands etc. I am on a bit of a mission! No. More. Fungus. Anywhere. :)

Lucy is up Next, now that LH is out of the tent, I might be able to let her go a bit. At least it will give me another day or two, until after my cleaner comes tomorrow, as she's old school skunk, and smells to high heaven.
Lucy, not the cleaner.

Peace, Love and nugs!

IMAG5472.jpg
IMAG5478.jpg
IMAG5485.jpg
IMAG5486.jpg
IMAG5487.jpg
IMAG5489.jpg
IMAG5492.jpg
IMAG5493.jpg
IMAG5494.jpg
IMAG5479.jpg
IMAG5482.jpg

fat buds! I wish you could have left them the full time, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Thanks B! And me too, man, me too. I'll do her again, and she what's what. I'm not sure LH is the most stable of crosses.

Anyway, some of the middle of LH is showing amber in the 5-10% range, and the tops in the 2-10% range, so I'm hoping it's not as early/bad as the pistols indicate. Some buds almost have that dark look. I also used Overdrive in mid-late flower, which seems to promote late growth, but it could be coincidence. Hope it's all good in your garden bro.

Lucy got chopped yesterday:
Sprout August 27
Photoperiod Oct 4
Flower Oct 18
Harvest Jan 14 (a month longer than advertized)

Some of the same issues at the LH, but far better resin production. She's about perfect for what I perfer, at around 5% amber, and 5% clear. Very potent, even with test buds.

Top cola was in excess of 200 wet. I didn't weigh up the rest. Fat, dense nugs. I have another of her, with far better structure, ready to go into flower. Gonna need a bigger tent :)

Will follow up with approx numbers when dry.

Anyone interested in washing their produce, might find this thread helpful.
Bud Washing

Peace and love!

IMAG5564.jpg
IMAG5602.jpg
IMAG5595.jpg
IMAG5594.jpg
IMAG5576.jpg

Beautiful buds, CareStaker!

+reps!~

Beautiful buds, CareStaker!

+reps!~

Thank you kindly, GT! Glad you approve; you set a high standard.
I've very much enjoyed your grow, and will be using it for an additional guide, for when I try HBrix.
HBrix, and LED are a good match, IMO.

Noting in my grow was possible without the support of growers here. :thanks::420: and all that post here.

~unrelated note, I'm finding that plants that respond well to pruning of the main stem, tend to root better in SmartPots. Maybe their roots also respond well to being air-pruned, which backfills the pot more densely, and more vigorously.

Spicy White Devil is coming through her pot, and.... turning black. Gotta love Samsara, funny guys! :morenutes:

LH is getting a manicure tonight, and tallied soon, so will Lucy. -- RH is about 40%, so about 3 days left.
As I'm winding my first journal down, here's a shot of the Lucy before the chop, and Spicy White Devil - turning black. The aroma, is really one of the best things I've ever smelled. Spice, berry, incense, citrus & sandalwood in such a heady mix, it alone is enough to make me smile. Of the few strains I've grown so far, this one will be with me for a while, or at least until I find something better. She's amazing so far.

Leaning Lucy
IMAG5560_2_.jpg

Spicy White Devil (turning black) - Blueberry X Jack - she is slightly deficient, upping her nutes. She seems to like extra K, and Ca, on top of her hunger for all the others.
IMAG5530.jpg
IMAG5517.jpg

Very nice!

Gorgeous colors on SWD - I can smell it from your description - mmph!

+reps

Congratulations on your harvest!

KJC, Thank you very kindly. Your positive input, in this journal, and so many others, is such a large part of how welcoming, and AWESOME this 'place' is. How appropriate, that you've become part of the team at 420M. Thank you, good weed to you!

forgot the photo.
IMAG5644.jpg

Silver Ed 4x4, which is huge - measures, 55''x55''x84 ....so I'll have plenty of space between walls and plant, and some extra headroom, for when I try Cotton Candy again . Virtually no tent suck on this one. Must have been the density of the fabric, and the smaller size of the 3x3. Instantly, canopy temps are down, and I can almost walk around the plants. Nice tent overall, was almost light proof out of the box. I only have a couple of mods to do.

Wow, beautiful healthy plant! It even has its own symmetry. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom