Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-Dirt

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

And because there can't be too many photos..some from the jarring. Larger GLP ~90, and the smaller GLP ~70. Very pleased considering the deficiency. It's just me and the copilot.

They smells are different. The indica leaning one has more sour, diesel, funk and skunk to go with the lavender and mint. The sativa leaning one smells....so spicy with that potent skunk smell, I want to eat them! Great smells from this strain - complex, and heady. Also, now with the larder full, with a little more on the way - I can relax a bit - and smoke and rest, just a bit.... :)

IMAG4951.jpg
IMAG4955.jpg
IMAG4953.jpg
IMAG4954.jpg
IMAG4942.jpg
IMAG4940.jpg
IMAG4938.jpg
IMAG4937.jpg

Peace, love, and great big green nugs for everyone. :peace::Namaste:
So far, in this grow - I didn't learn what I wanted to, but learned what I needed to.
/bye Jo & Athena :Namaste:

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

Liberty is coming together. Just feed at 1.2x strength. She's starting to yellow, and that may be normal for her, as her core is still verdant green. She does love the nutes now, feeding at every watering. Last feed, 5 days ago, was full strength. This will be her first and last heavy feed, with Overdrive. Will taper down, and finish in about 3 weeks. Harvest was projected ~ 12/29 give or take, but there is still tons of growth. I have read that she really uses that time to plump. I hope. :)

First photo frames her boundaries,

IMAG5041.jpg
IMAG5031.jpg

Elegant Lucy, some big fat pom-poms. Also, still lots of new growth, spires etc.

IMAG5050.jpg
IMAG5036.jpg
IMAG5035.jpg

THC Bomb, and Gucy, my second Lucy

IMAG5022.jpg

Sideshow Jack. Doing her thing, today she started to flower. :)

IMAG5047.jpg
IMAG5048.jpg
IMAG5021.jpg

Peace Love and nugs.:peace:

Nice work, CareStaker! Beautiful!

I have some freebie GLPs I'm gonna have to run soon!

You grow some really nice cannabis, sir.

:thumb:

+reps

Nice work, CareStaker! Beautiful!

I have some freebie GLPs I'm gonna have to run soon!

You grow some really nice cannabis, sir.

+reps

Tank you fine sir, Greytail! :thanks: That's the best compliment I have received - especially when coming from someone that grows like you do!

I think you might really like the GLP. She's a 20Sativa/80Indica hybrid,but her effect leans to the sativa, so you can smoke her in the day, without getting too tired. A very pleasant surprise, as I have more indica doms, in the tent, than I had planned. I'm going to post a strain review/smoke report today or tomorrow - as she's fully dry, and has a few days in the jars. I'll stash the best buds of her away for a full cure. Now I can't wait for Lucy & Liberty finish, as they are looking to be so productive. :peace: :)

and :thanks::420: I would have empty jars and a sad face without you. :thanks::420:

Thank you so much, Harley!:thanks:
I am keeping my eye on them to make sure haha, and I hope you are right. I think I can bring them home (to the jars) without much problem, but I still get a bit nervous so far in, with these longer 10 week ladies. Positive thoughts. I can't wait for Liberty, particularly after your smoke report! :) :peace: :Namaste:

Very well indeed on your crop. Awesome work looking forward to your future work. Some big ass buds indeed!

Thanks man! Some of what you see, is your doing. You, and many others here, have inspired me, to reach further than I might have - to find my own - best way. I'm still working on it, but am on a better path, by being "around" those that know it well. I've been welcomed, encouraged and supported, by the growers here. Thanks to you all, and thank you 420M.

Photos working again! Added photo of next run, left to right, THC Bomb, SWD clone, Gucy (El Ess Dee).

IMAG5059.jpg

Up-potting THCBomb. I use kangaroots fairly early, seems to help. Strong plant, branch nodes are active already. Looks Indi-dom.

IMAG5067.jpg

Some purple trichomes on the GLP. Smoke report following.
1201-2.jpg

There's two phenotypes in my harvest of Green Love Potion from Samsara, one leaning more to the sativa side than the other.
It's 80% Indi dom.

My SO decided upon the GLP freebies, to be her beans to toss into the tent. "My" plants are LH and Lucy.
Anyway, I do not see a smoke report of her anywhere on 420M, so I'll try to describe her here, and will start a thread.

Grow details.

FF soil, lightly amended, Mix of GH and AN nutes. ~800w Mix of LED with UV, IR, and HPS, with enhanced spectra.
40 day veg, 63 day flower, harvested at very few <5% amber on calyx.

Sativa Pheno physical

Shorter of the two phenos I had. She had fewer leaves, and higher pistol/calyx count. Her nugs are hard, and sound like rocks in the jar. She didn't darken as much as the Indica, meaning that her bud leaves did not turn as dark purple/black. Most of her pistols turned brown, and she has a more peppery and skunky smell than the other.

Indica Pheno physical
This was the taller and heavier yielding of the 2 phenos, but about equal if factoring size to weight. She finished about the same as well. She was the frostier of the two, but had less pistols, and was less dense than the sativa-leaner. I decided to trim her very lightly, which turned out to be the right call, as her black leaves are populated by a denser cover of frost, including lots of purple trichomes as seen in the leaf tip above.

Both plants were pretty easy to grow, although I managed to futz them up with some nute-mishap. I enjoy the smoke from this strain so much, that I will very likely grow her again.

Smoke Details

Sativa
Smokes fairly smooth on the inhale, with immediate lemon zest and diesel, and also that slight hash burn, from the THC. This one will take your breath away for a couple of seconds as the rush is immediate. While that is happening, you discover that there is a whole new party going on in your mouth. There's a slight bit of harshness on the exhale, but it is now a less sharp experience, that is laden with a quickly and heavy skunk transition. This then works itself into a complex, and heady, Lavender purple taste, with lots of pepper, and spice.

Indica
Smokes full and round on the inhale, with a good dose of hash burn from the THC. Before you can exhale, your cranium knows you got a hit, as your eyeballs cross and squint, and there is a pressure in the front of your head that tells you - that a heavy indica, just kicked you in the teeth. This one exhales smoother, smokier, with a tasty combination of lavender, mint, and trailing fruit. There is still a bit of harshness on the exhale.

The high is very unique, and is more uniform through the two phenos, than is the look/tastes. You get a heavy dose of head buzz up front, where you are certainly impaired for about a half hour. It moves and peaks though - toward a general and relaxed euphoria shortly thereafter, that included a very satisfying clarity of thought. It's a very full and broad effect, lasting around 2-3 hours or more. She brings you to a relaxed plane, a good place - free from anxiety, but with still enough sativa effect. The indica side of the plant will relax your body, where tactile experiences are heightened. Nerve pain is mitigated to an acceptable degree, but it's not a knock out.

Personally, she's been great to have fun with, in and out of the BR :) She just makes you happy for about 3 hours, and after about a half hour or so, you can think clearly enough, if you want to. If not, just take another hit, and she's almost like a narcotic. I don't feel the need to medicate often with her, and when her effect dissipates, she acts just the way you would want her to - it's just trails away, and leaves you feeling good. She's worth the grow, great smoke.

She's got some hard hitting indica stone, and sativa characteristics go all the way to the end, just without the anxiety and confusion of some more pointed sativas. A very nice find.

Peace, love and nugs!

Countdown to Lucy has begun. She's day 59 of flower, day 73 of Photo-period.
She is showing some good frost on the new growth, which completely covered the very frosty, older growth, so I'm going to assume there to be - quite a bit of amber in the center - like a tootsie pop. I'll wait though, until I see a bit of it on her outer layer of calyx, and bracts.

I fed her last night with h2o and molasses only.
I've flushed her a few times, when I was using a mix of organic/chem nutes....but not sure that I'm going to do so with her to finish. I may just let her do her thing, by drinking the sugar water - and dry out naturally, without flushing. I know everyone has their process and opinion - but unless I'm over nuting - is there any real reason to physically flush the medium? It's so counter intuitive.

LUCY: I'm guessing that she looks like about 2 weeks left. That would mean, 3-4 waterings, every third day, with molasses only. I'm still working out how to harvest/dry/cure - so unless someone has some advice to offer, that's what I'm planning - no flush. Just going to wind her down for a soft landing, hopefully retaining her health, but without any metallic overtones or chlorophyll bite. I'm also thinking that, Big Bloom, might be good to feed during the "non-flush-flush" I'll read the label, but it's supposed to be organic.

59 of flower, day 73 of Photo-period.
IMAG5106.jpg
IMAG5110.jpg
IMAG5085.jpg
IMAG5102.jpg

Spicy White Devil: Day 8 of flower

She's so fast, has crazy vigor, smells like heaven.
Upper canopy got a bit away from me, but not to far.

IMAG5097.jpg

Lower canopy catching up

IMAG5096.jpg

Update on Liberty: Day 56 Flower, Day 73 Photo-period.
She has the PM. I've clipped 5 leaf blades from her, that had very small patches of it, (smaller than a dime) and that's been the extent of it. I've been watching for 3-4 days, and there's been no furthering of it.

It's my first time with it, and it seems to have come and stalled - although I understand that it's systemic, not going away-away. I hope to keep her free of it till she finishes - there is no sign of it on any other plants. Should I be more worried that it will take everything over? I see journals with PM on here all the time, and it doesn't seem like a death sentence. I know that it was the crowded conditions, so I'm going to treat myself to a larger space (by 15" in either direction), and just grow fewer, slightly bigger (like that 4 headed beast above :)), plants with more air movement.

Peace, love and nugs!

A harvest flush is different then a flush to remove excess salt buildup or to restore pH balance to a medium. a harvest flush is where either only pH adjusted water or pH adjusted water and a flushing agent is used for a period of 7 days or longer. you can use molasses at 1-2 tablespoons per gallon as a final flush. I would not add any fertilizer during your harvest flush as that would defeat the purpose.

Update on Liberty - Looks like it was just a touch of regular mold - hoping not a huge deal, was a couple of spots.
Be great to dodge that whole PM thing - if possible.

Update on Lucy - 62 days flower, 76 since 12/12.
She's still got lots of clear trichs, but pistols are receding, and she looks like she's starting to darken.
I took sample of her lowest branch, and she's got some kick, but it confirms that she's not even close - will check her in a few days. Projected harvest was in three days, she's going to run at least another week if not two. I'm thinking around New Years - let's start this year off right. :)

IMAG5133.jpg

:peace::Namaste:

... I'd smoke that ... !

... I'd smoke that ... !

I'm always happy to share, but that one went up in a bongload already :)
Love me some frost - and your WP's, and JD's. They were not on my radar at all, until I saw them doing so well in your grow. Going to need some seeds soon, thank you for expanding my options :) :peace::Namaste:

I'm always happy to share, but that one went up in a bongload already :)
Love me some frost - and your WP's, and JD's. They were not on my radar at all, until I saw them doing so well in your grow. Going to need some seeds soon, thank you for expanding my options :) :peace::Namaste:

Heheh, good man!

I'd love to see someone else run JD or WP - they're sure working for me!

Hey Harley, did you ever finish that pipe you were working on? :cheesygrinsmiley:

I never found mine so I had to make a new one.

Back
Top Bottom