Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-Dirt

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

Hi buddy gonna be keepin a close eye on your cotton as I've got one of them in my seed stock now so may have to go that way next. Just been hinting to my missus that I want the bedroom for my tent soon lol.

Hahaha!
I know that feeling.... If she'd let me, they'd be under the bed too :)

Would love to see Cotton done well by someone else first, but I couldn't find any real journals for it. Oh well, I'm getting better at not knowing what I'm doing. She's cracked already, and in a towel. I'll get her into a cup tonight, hopefully she makes it!

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

A 16 day old Spicy White Devil. Jack X Blueberry
Looks more indica so far, and she stinks in the very best way. Lil moppet is 4 inches, and seems fairly determined to grow. Going to top her soon, and prune for 4 mains.

IMAG4391.jpg

Cotton Candy went into her party cup last night, hope she takes, she cracked her shell quick.

Lucy was getting the same defic as the GLPs so I flushed her quick, and she's doing very well now. pH levels are good, so it's something (likely P) locking out Ca (and others) I believe. I'm not sure what the problem is, and the only thing I'm doing different it adding Coolbloom - so I'm going to back it down to 1/8 strength, and see what happens.

Otherwise, Lucy and LH look good, they both got a flush just in case. I'm going to flush the GLP as well. They are looking like tattered warriors, but also are looking to be done soon - maybe 14-20 days.

When they dry out, I'll water with Florakleen, let it sit for 10 minutes, then flush with 9 gallons, immediately followed by 1/2 the normal feed (half of half-strength). When they dry again, I'll repeat, followed by 1/4 feed. The final 10 days or so will be flush with water only, every third day - then 3 days in the dark. Hopefully, all will be well. :)

Cotton Candy needed some intervention, she was stalled and not sprouting. I'm hopeful that my ministrations will restart her into growing. When I put her in the cup, the soil left too many gaps (bark pieces), so she got dryer than she should, and stalled. I replanted her, and she should take. I'm going back to rapid-root or RW after this one. I hope she makes it.

Your girls are coming along nicely looks like they are starting to frost up. Gonna be some good smoke CS:peace::goodjob::thumb::high-five::bravo::circle-of-love:

Thanks Harley, I hope they finish well. They sure aren't pretty to look at, but I've already snuck a taste of the GLP, and it's quite nice already. Trichs show maybe 60% cloudy, and still about 40% clear. No real amber yet. I'm thinking 2.5 weeks or less.

The big girl - Athena GLP. Day 39 flower.
Waited for her to dry out, then flushed her with FloraKleen, then fed her, switched her nutes to Sensi-Bloom at 1/3 strength, and added Kangaroots to rebuild the rootzone connection, and Overdrive at 3/4 strength. I forgot to add molasses.

IMAG4424.jpg
IMAG4414.jpg

The more deficient one, the smaller girl - Josephine GLP
Getting flushed today, and will be fed her second to last feed.

IMAG4416.jpg

Going to top the Spicy White Devil. Here she is. I took the node-1 branches today, and was planning on topping above node three, and either leaving node 2 branches to make 4 leaders, or building the plant from the node 3 branches if the plant looks strong enough to risk taking the lower, node 2 branches. I could always just FIM her too - have yet to try.

IMAG4440.jpg

I'm still new to this, and training is one of many weak spots in my gardening experience - and so I'm looking for some guidance if anyone wants to offer it.
Peace and nugs all. :peace:

I am not certain how you wish to train your plants

here are some youtube videos on Low Stress Training

low stress training cannabis - YouTube
here is Uncle Ben's Topping Method

Uncle Ben's Topping Method

Thanks KJC. I'll give those vids a look, it will be nice to watch instead of read for a bit. Most of what I know of topping, comes from UB's threads. I still get scared doing it. I'll post what she looks like in a few minutes. I took node one branches, and kept node two & three, and then topped her. She didn't miss a beat. I may take the lower two branches, and build the plant from the two, or if equal, take the four mains and pull them apart a bit, while trying to keep them level. Or...She might just want to grow on her own from here, dunno, that's the fun part :) :peace:

couldn't upload pics yesterday - there was no button in FFox. Switched over to another browser.
Anyway, here's the crew. Smells amazing with the mix in the air. Even the SWD is stinking so sweet.

SWD, topped for 4, will see what's next for her. There's some holes in the pot to train from, will likely pull her apart a bit, and make her into a square shape.

IMAG4493.jpg
IMAG4492.jpg

Cotton Candy - struggling to put down her taproot - she cracked her shell beneath the surface.

IMAG4490.jpg

Lucy, (in front, GLP is behind) she's making some good buds, stacking them up, hard to say when she'll finish. She's about 1 foot square, very efficient use of space. She started getting the same P and Ca deficiency/lockout as the others. Still don't know for sure what it was, but I've changed nutes, and so far so good.

IMAG4469.jpg

IMAG4471.jpg

Liberty Haze - slower than slow
Soooo slow. However, there are approx 100 very small bud sites on the plant. I apparently got the indica pheno, that didn't really stretch at all, maybe 10". She looks very healthy, don't understand why she is building buds so slowly. She is maturing from the bottom up as well. Only 28" tall, so short of the 40" I was aiming for. Easy plant/pheno otherwise.

IMAG4468.jpg

Green Love Potion - tattered, but bulking. 2 weeks left, one more feed tonight, then water and flush for the remainder. The smaller girl just started putting out purple hairs, and the lager one has some purple/black tips to the bud leaves. The taste is spice, lavender and earth, very distinctive. They are 60% cloudy.

IMAG4483.jpg
IMAG4477.jpg

IMAG4488.jpg
IMAG4484.jpg

Peace and nugs :peace:

ffs. left the tent open last night and fell asleep. closed up an hour late, so they got more than 12 last night. hopefully, the LH and Lucy will be fine - the GLP are going choppers soon, so no worry there.

Should be just fine my friend I let mine go over by 3 hours the other nite lol.

I hope they do well, LA...and Good to hear, I was hoping so!

600w is back from repair/replace (wow, what a difference), plus the (2) 100w Advanced LEDs. Gonna light these ladies up.

Cotton Candy did not make it, she stalled and cut her own neck when shedding her shell. Saving her was beyond my attempts.

Thinking of begging sleestack or PChunk clone from a local friend to take her spot. If that fails, either THC Bomb, another Spicy White Devil, or a WWXSkunk1 reg. Do I really need to order seeds? Didn't I just do that? Ha! Want some Tut, Wonder Woman, Plush, Chernobyl, and one of everything on herbies. Feeding these hungry girls as I type. Peace, and happy Frieday!

He he, its always cool to have a store of beans! Sorry to hear about your cotton candy. I've got one of them in my stores for growing later. Tutt is great by my experience. If you take anything in off a friend, check every inch of pot, plant everything you don't want to import beasties!

Thanks man, sorry she didn't make it. Would have been nice to put her up here -- KJC was also interested. Learned my lesson with Thrips, thankfully not more serious beasties! I'll strap in, as usual, when you drop the CC!

Dropped my third THC Bomb, let's see if it gets me a plant. There wasn't anything at my friends place, that I wouldn't need to nurse for a couple of weeks - so seed it is.

THC Bomb hit the water 11/16 7pm.

Spicy White Devil. Pruned for 4 mains, will start pulling her apart soon, gently. I like this plant, she speaks up and lets you know what she needs.

IMAG4546.jpg
IMAG4545.jpg
IMAG4544.jpg

Liberty Haze. On the left in the group shot. She gets a bit beat up by the tent door, that's why she's a bit crooked. She was doing nothing, and I found out that she was starving. She went from not wanting any nutes to needing them, at about week 2-3 flower. She's starting to make buds better now, starting from the bottom up. Way over 100 bud sites, but they are small. I love the way she filled out, and am thankful that I did go with the 5 gal for her. Pruned for 4 mains, to be as square shaped as possible (the joy of tent suck, and I have a cage). Pics don't do this one justice at all. I'll get some better shots.

IMAG4533.jpg
IMAG4525.jpg
IMAG4540.jpg
IMAG4529.jpg

Lucy, she's looking nice. She's about 28 or 30" and takes up only one square foot. If I like her, I'm considering a SOG with her, with one 3-gal plant per foot. She had the beginning of the same symptoms as the the GLP, with a P and Ca lockout issue. I flushed her quickly, and she didn't seem to really miss a beat. I've switched to AN nutes, and I'm liking them better than the GH FloraNova. The GH was more organic, but it's time to try something new, and the AN seems to be pretty easy on the plants.

IMAG4524.jpg
IMAG4522.jpg

GLP, harvest coming soon!
I stole a bottom branch nuglett for tasting...she's got the yumyums. They were started and finished with LED with a big dose of HPS. Will be fun to smoke her when she's done, less than 2 weeks left, chopping not this, but next weekend.

IMAG4519.jpg

Peace, nugs, and thanks to all. :peace::Namaste::welcome::420:

"....CareStaker is away from is his desk, if you'd like to leave a message go f--κ your----......(click)"

Bored at work, so I got my dates together...Currently 5 working strains, including the THC-Bomb, still below dirt. They might be a day or two off, but whatevs. I created a new word too. Unbegrownst. I'll use it in a sentence -- I like that new strain, but anytime I'm growing something that is unbegrownst to me, I need to make sure I pay attention. Unbegrownst. Like olde English. :hmmmm:

/////////////////////////////////////GLP
sprout 8/23
Photoperiod 9/24
Flower 9/30
Harvest 11/30

/////////////////////////////////////LH
sprout 8/26
Photoperiod 10/4
Flower 10/20
Harvest 12/29

///////////////////////////////////Lucy
sprout 8/27
Photoperiod 10/4
Flower 10/18
Harvest 12/18

///////////////////////////////Spicy WD
Sprout 11/1
Photo 12/1 est
flower 12/7 est
Harvest 2/17/2014 est

///////////////////////////////THC Bomb
Sprout 11/21 est
Photo
flower
Finish

I believe I've learned what my problem was. I think the GH Floranova nutes went bad over time, or use (cross contaminant), and that that is the reason most of the plants have some P issues, and the GLP especially have some Calcium burn. Changing the nutes, has eliminated the issue. Also, really liking the AN nutes so far.

Sweet Lucy, Day 33 Flower. Giving her half strength Sensi Bloom, BB, Humics. I think she's going to produce well for her small size, and she's pretty easy to grow. Worth the fussy veg she wants to go through. If she doubles up from here, she should be around 2-3.

IMAG4570.jpg
IMAG4569.jpg
IMAG4568.jpg
IMAG4562.jpg
IMAG4557.jpg
IMAG4558.jpg

Liberty Haze, Day 31 Flower. Giving her half strength Sensi Bloom, BB, Humics. Starting to fill out, and hopefully I end up with something better than 130 or so tiny .5g buds. If she gets them a bit bigger, she will finish well.

IMAG4579.jpg
IMAG4591.jpg
IMAG4583_1_.jpg

GLP Day 52 flower, getting her 10 day from harvest flush. I'll never really learned how to flush - so I'll flush them both every three days, and the feed is just water and molasses. Some of the leaves, buds, and pistols have turned black-ish, due to the Black Domina side.

IMAG4604.jpg
IMAG4603.jpg
IMAG4586.jpg

Spicy White Devil (Blue-Jack). 30 days from sprout today - Prior post was incorrect, she spouted from the dirt on 10/21. Pruned for 4. Going to repot tonight, and will pull her apart a bit, to get her ready for flower, and more light. I added another 32w 6400K bulb, for a total of 2 cfls for veg. Going to get her used to the LED soon. She will fill the space left by one of the GLP. I don't know what is going in the other spot yet.

IMAG4549.jpg
IMAG4554.jpg

Peace love and nugs!

Repotting Spicy White Devil, about a month or so old, so she should be ready at the end of the week.
She's got some nice roots. Hope to keep her deficiency free, to see what I can get from her with the AN nutes. Other spot is THC bomb, which is maybe 1 for 4 germing. This one better make it. Green seeds, one had a chunk missing from it.

IMAG4625.jpg
IMAG4644.jpg
IMAG4645.jpg
IMAG4646.jpg

Some Lucy, sweet plant!

IMAG4637.jpg
IMAG4635.jpg

Green Love Potion. Tried her last night, she lives up to the name.

IMAG4634.jpg

Back
Top Bottom