Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-Dirt

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

Looking good buddy Keep up the great work, love the light bondage lol. I'd give em more, but that's just me being a sadistic git with my girls!

LA,
Spicy White Devil (Jack X Blueberry) is above soil today. I'm thinking it's time to take a step outside of my comfort zone, and experiment a bit. :geek: I'll still need to fit her in the tent though! I have only 40'' square to work with, and I'm trying to keep 4 on the floor at all times. Here she is, her seed was soooo small. Like 1/2 the normal size. I've got around 3-4 weeks to play with her :)

IMAG4036.jpg

A shot of GLP at day 21 flower. Just hit her with some Big Bud, and Myco/Bene, and water. Hope that starts to fatten her up a bit. They seem productive, despite the deficiency. I'm going to switch my bloom nutes. It is almost a year old (don't use much), and I'm worried that they may have gone bad. FloraNova Bloom is partly organic, and just .5ml mixed into 3L, will drop my 9.3 pH water to 6.5, and that has me thinking that it may be contaminated - and the cause of the deficiency in the first place. If I hit her with 3ml per gal, like I've done with other plants, she's be burning up. Anyone have a similar experience?

GLP
IMAG4029.jpg

Re: Barney's Liberty Haze & Lucy - Green Love Potion - HPS & LED Hybrid Grow-In-The-D

Awesome bud. Her smell and high sound quite interesting. As for the sour wine, be happy it doesn't smell like my VK. DAmn, that stuff smells like a dead cat. :rip: It smells a little better now, so hoping the cure sorts it out. By the way, is that the kind of smell that is commonly referred to as "skunk"?

I'm not sure. The sour smell, I attribute to fruity smelling sativas. My last one smelled like this, and after curing for 30days, she went back to smelling like mangos, blood orange, and spice. When I think of skunk, I think of the more pungent stink of Indicas. I don't know how else to describe 'skunk'. We have skunks here, do you have them in SA? Stinky mofos. :) :peace:

Photo update.

GLPs are budding, day 23. Lucy is day 5 flower, LH is day 3, just starting to really show sex.
All plants have had a fairly high level of defol, so there are a couple of shots of the middle, interior, & bottom of the plant, to see if it's helping develop viable meds instead of popcorn, in these sites.

IMAG4051.jpg
IMAG4061.jpg
IMAG4043.jpg
IMAG4063.jpg

Lucy - took almost all of her fans, tops are climbing up.

IMAG40591.jpg
IMAG4039.jpg
IMAG4038.jpg

LH - defoled yesterday, it's hard to even tell. She has two main tops, and some good branching coming up through the hoop.

IMAG4041.jpg

No skunks here bud. Are you able to describe their odour? I've always been curious about that.

Your plants are looking great!

Some nice frostiness going on well done! keep up the good work.

Thanks LA. I have to wash my entire arm after feeding, they are soooo sticky, even the branches and stems.

LA, hope to have you around for this one: Samsara, Spicy White Devil, she's 2 days old I think.
I'm going to try to train her - Jack and Blueberry. Thinking topping above node 2, manifold for 4 mains, pinch the hell out of the stem. I've only done that once, to a male, and it came out OK. A bit scared doing it with something I actually care about harvesting. The seed was 'free' so maybe I won't feel bad if I screw the pooch on this. :) :peace:

IMAG4074.jpg

No skunks here bud. Are you able to describe their odour? I've always been curious about that.

Your plants are looking great!

Thanks man, I'm giving them my best efforts, hopefully it's enough.

If you sprayed old lady perfume, on the hair of a weeks-unwashed-armpit, and lit it on fire - you would have a fair idea. It's sweet and acrid, heavy and musky all at the same time. A skunk sprays this horrid scent so that you leave it the F alone, so you can imagine how pungent it is. Like a nug that you can smell through 5 plastic baggies, the smell is overpowering. One particle in your nose, and you know what it is. That musky smell from an Indica, smells very much like skunk. If you've been to East Asia, they have Asian Skunk Cabbage that smells like this too. Lysichiton camtschatcensis. :) :peace:

Sies! Hahaha!!!

Sies is right! You don't want to smell the real skunk. Although the smells are very similar, somehow, with Cannabis, the smell is more welcoming, and less offensive. I now love the smell of skunk, as I know it means that I'll have a nice potent night time smoke (indica).

The Lucy smells like this, a lot. She's

Mazar F1 »»» Afghan/Skunk x Skunk #1 F1 crossed with Skunk #1 again....so a literal skunkfest. :)
Can't wait to burn this with the wifey :)

The manifold or double flux lol. Thats what Im gonna do with my WW. Im gonna train the four limbs out like my Flux at mo and train all shoots as well to create the double fluxed waffle! It should turn out like a woven scrog of limbs with a completely flat single layer filled with bud!

I love it when you talk dirty to me! haha! I'm going to ManiFlux it!

Your exceptional work is the inspiration, but I'll have to adapt it to my space. It will have to fit the tent, so 4 main trained tops within the hoop, after the fluxing with the training pot.

Still nailing down my pH and defic issues, to keep them from repeating.

I just tested the runoff of the party cup with the SWD in it. I've only moistened it to this point. I have decent water, but it's high in pH 9.5, with little to no chlorine. I pH it down to 6.5 with GH acid to create solution. I watered the cup in at 6.5, gave it a good drench, and measured runoff at 4.6 pH. WTH? This is what is happening in my other pots, very low pH, locking out nutes, leading to deficiency.

This is a new bag of FFOF, purchased in Aug/Sept, and the same soil that went into the rest of the pots in the tent. Any reason for the low pH? Anyone think I got a bad batch of soil ?

For those that might be wondering, I did contact FF, and below is their customer service response follow up to my phone call. They were very helpful.

With this info, I fed last night, runoff pH be damned. These girls need food right now, and pulling up on the nutes without seeing any problems in the Lucy or LH, doesn't seem like the right move. I'll flush again if I have to, but I can't worry about f'in em up - they gotta be fed.

Each GLP got 3L of solution, 1/2 strength Big Bud, 1/2 strength Nova Bloom, Cal-Mag+, 1/2 strength Koolbloom, and pH-UP stabilizers to bring it up to 6.7. Runoff on the smaller GLP was significant, so she wasn't needing as much. Lucy got 3L, without the BB, and 1/4 dose of KB, barely 10% runnoff. LH is in a 5gal, no food today, she gets 4L tonight. In the future, I'm going all 3 gals, and will figure out a new drain system for the SmartPots, so they never sit in their own runoff - even for a minute. Will find some kind of plinth or grate to stand them on, inside the little green saucers. :peace:

FROM FoxFarm.
"Accurately testing soil pH requires expensive lab equipment that is not available to most home gardeners. Soil pH testers purchased at your local garden center can give variable readings based on soil moisture, probe depth, and plant interactions with the soil. Additionally, testing soil runoff, as many home gardeners do, does not give an accurate picture of soil pH, as it can be affected by dilution rate, among other factors. For this reason, we recommend gardeners that test their soil pH at home use a slurry test.

To perform the slurry test, create two different slurries — a one part soil to one part distilled water slurry, and a one part soil to five parts distilled water slurry. Thoroughly mix this slurry and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. You can then test the pH of the slurry with a liquid pH meter. The 1:1 slurry should yield a pH between 5.2 and 5.7, while the 1:5 slurry should yield a pH between 6.2 and 6.8. Slurries with pH's in these ranges indicate that your soil pH is in the proper 6.3-6.8 range.

Please let us know if you perform this test and come up with a pH that is outside this range, and we will be happy to provide assistance. Thank you again for contacting FoxFarm with your concern, and please let us know if we can help out in any other way. Happy gardening! "

Liberty Haze, just starting flower really, a few days in. I'm hoping she continues to grow a bit, she's ~28" now. Lucy seemed to stall this week at ~32", and the GLP experienced bud set at ~33" and ~38". The goal was to have some strain variety, and so to have the 4 of them, all between 30-40" in the 40x40 tent.

IMAG4127.jpg

The Lucy Loves the LED now, she was a bit shy at first. Pics at day 9 flower.

IMAG4182.jpg

The GLPs again, day 28 flower.

IMAG4174.jpg

Group action, the good, the bad, and the ugly. The setup with LED & HPS.

IMAG4184.jpg

IMAG4171.jpg

Spicy White Devil, 6 days above ground.

IMAG4183.jpg

HPS went out today, no idea. It's a new Solis Tek. I tried 2 bulbs, nothing. I took apart the mogel base and the light, and tested with a meter, it's OK. Brought the other LED in, which will keep them going pretty well, but won't cover them with the penetration that I was pruning for - but hopefully, I'll get something in the next few days. LH and Lucy are just starting to flower, they will be fine. GLPs will likely miss it the most. Sadface.

I'm still loving those GLP's bud. I must remember this strain for my next order.

is there a reset circuit breaker on the ballast? if not i would contact the whomever you bought your equipment from about your warranty.

Thanks KJC, I did just that. The Solis is going back for repair/replacement. I purchased a Lumatek 400w ballast to have as a backup, which is now installed and operating with both LED panels -- 400w HPS, plus 200w actual draw from (100) 3w LEDs.

TBlaze, I love them too! I'm growing another of their hybrids, Spicy White Devil, and she looks to have similar growth habits, good roots etc. Short pic update :)

New pHen and Spicy girl getting a new home. She's 12 days old, and going to get her first haircut, in a week or so.

IMAG4331.jpg
IMAG4329.jpg

Nice roots. She was planted directly in fresh FFOF with no issues, and give myco, benes, and water only.

IMAG4334.jpg

New pot was filled and drenched with benes, perlite and azomite added.

IMAG4333.jpg

IMAG4335.jpg

GLPs stacking up. Pics at Day 32 flower. Her leafs are all pretty tattered, but she's making some nice buds. I did drop some hard venting on the smaller one, and she's a bit bruised, but OK. Leaves are yellowing fast on the larger girl, and the first orange pistols appeared just a couple of days ago. She should be right on time, just about 3 weeks left.

IMAG4323.jpg
IMAG4324.jpg
IMAG4325.jpg
IMAG4322.jpg

Lucy, Day 15 Flower, going to give her some Big Bud next feed.

IMAG4184.jpg
IMAG4321.jpg
IMAG4182.jpg

Going to crack Cotton candy in a couple of days. 3-4 days germ, 2.5 weeks veg, and I'm letting it fly. :Namaste::peace:

Back
Top Bottom