Beavis' 1st Grow - Hi Brix Soil - Huckleberry Kush - PS500

Ok I got some pics of the plants for everyone. They had wilted pretty good by the time they dried out and I was finally able to give them the Rescue Drench. I trimmed off some of the dead leaves at the bottom so the plants may look a little funky in addition to having their growth stunted.

The new growth is looking pretty good and the leafs and stems are becoming more firm and standing out which is good. I'm really hoping to sex the 2 larger plants as they are at about 5 weeks from seed. I haven't seen signs of females or males yet.

I guess I need help determining a strategy here. Do i trim these up a little more? I was thinking it might be good to trim up the fading, yellow or dead stuff at the bottom and allow the plant to focus energy on the new growth. I'm guessing I need to let new growth veg out here for a few weeks at least then trim/shape plants and then put into bloom. Need a little direction on that.

May be a moot point considering 1 is now showing male. But if other isn't showing yet good chance it's a female. And males make good practice subjects. :laughtwo:

If you're going to train better to do it early rather than right before bloom. LST became HST when I waited too long on my first grow. That's high stress for me, and not too good for plants either. I now use an early single topping and LST on side branches as they develop. That gives a much more balanced plant in flower than simply bending top over. I think it also produces better colas because of more even nutrient flow thru plant and more even canopy. It seems to be working even better with the larger plants I grow now. (The soil helps too :) ).

But that's my style. Now that you have a male to experiment with feel free to go crazy and invent something new. Who knows, it may even earn you a plant of the month!

Thanks Kingston! You're exactly right...given it's a dude it's pretty much a moot point in terms of what next with this plant. I'll give it 2-3 more days to see the node get a little bigger but I'll toss it soon as my tent is small and I have several other up and comers.

Should be able to sex the other big plant soon then we're down to the JV team. Need to get a fem out of one of these or will need to plant the HSO Blue Dream fems I have. Summer heat is approaching so it's now or wait till Fall.

Well unfortunately this run didn't work out. I'll chalk it up to a learning experience.

Got some HSO Blue Dream beans coming along so I'll be starting a new Grow Journal soon.

Mods if you could close this out that'd be great!

Noooooo! My hopes Built up then smashed down. I was ready to see your journey into this amazing pheno hunt. Well it's tough growing. If I could chime in with my experience with those soft pots. They are super difficult to start anything out. In my opinion they work best for drip systems or frequently watered coir. The soil at the edges of the pots dry up super fast restricting root growth. I start mine in solo cups then move to 1 gal in the first month to allow the roots to get bunched up. I usually put into a 5 or 7 gal soft pot after although this time I let two plants settle in a 2 gal soft pot then tiered the pots into the 5 gal. this let the roots grow through the soft pots. I haven't done a side by side comparison, but it seemed to prevent any stress. I hope you get back to growing! This is an adventure worth waiting.:thumb:

Noooooo! My hopes Built up then smashed down. I was ready to see your journey into this amazing pheno hunt. Well it's tough growing. If I could chime in with my experience with those soft pots. They are super difficult to start anything out. In my opinion they work best for drip systems or frequently watered coir. The soil at the edges of the pots dry up super fast restricting root growth. I start mine in solo cups then move to 1 gal in the first month to allow the roots to get bunched up. I usually put into a 5 or 7 gal soft pot after although this time I let two plants settle in a 2 gal soft pot then tiered the pots into the 5 gal. this let the roots grow through the soft pots. I haven't done a side by side comparison, but it seemed to prevent any stress. I hope you get back to growing! This is an adventure worth waiting.:thumb:

LOL Hidden that's funny! I'm definitely not throwing in the towel. In fact, I've germinated some HSO Blue Dream seeds that are about 8-9 days old. I'll be starting the new grow journal soon and I promise I'll do better next time. Hey in life sometimes we fall down but you gotta get up, brush yourself off, learn from your mistakes and keep on trucking. I've learned a lot from this first effort and will build on this on the next grow.

The soft pots caused me issues. I have my BD's in 1 gallon plastics.

Thanks for the kind words! :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

So sorry it didn't work out. Happens to the best of us.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom