Berry Bomb Grow

ive just put all my latest pics up on my journal if you want to take a look, it seems cfls keep the plants small and bushy, i got 2 well in to flower now, but i changed my flower room light to a dual spectrum 400watt hps due to me using the same amount of watts on a load of cfls lights so it made more sense to get a 400watt hps that gives me 55.000 lumins which worked out a lot more than the cfls i was using, but im still vegging other plants under cfl and got a few ak47 cross uk berry cheese growing at the moment, so pretty busy and got lots of plants growing at the minute, i got some autos as well, in flower i got my special kush and nl x bb fem, both female and well into flower, i took cuttings from them as well, i got 2 x 2ltr hempies using the ak47 cross, i got 2 autos and i got another ak47 cross in a bigger pot, the hempies and the ak in the bigger pot have all gone 12-12 from seed so i can compare yield and decide if say 4 weeks of veg does get more yield than going strait to flower, im doing this because plants wont go into flower until their mature enough around 4 weeks, so even under 12-12 they will grow for 4 weeks before showing sex and flower so im trying to find out if i get more yield doing the 4 weeks under a veg cycle like 24-0 or 20-4 or if i get the same as the plants that have gone under 12-12 from seed, all the plants im trying this with are the same strain and same age so it will be good to compare the over all results

dpp- sounds great. I'll have a look tomorrow.Been dealing with sever migraine past 2 days, wiihing I had some smoke to take the edge off. Not a thing around here except compressed Mexican. Their smoke is all about quanity not quality, people still by the cheap weed so It will be here until mj is legalized here.
Fan is working great. Absolutely no smell, Im thrilled, more stealth is good. Waiting on my hps/mh to arrive.

Plants are beginning to show sex, have 4 more to go then when I know I can pull them. Still having issue's with odd leaf formation.
Have a good night.

Update: Still in veg. at 58 days. I have pulled the lights back to allow 3 others to get caught up. I have plenty of room but I rent so cant do to much. Under growth beginning to take off on all but 2. They all get the same nutes, temps, lights, enviroment.

Im sure they will do better once I get the set up complete. Still waiting on hps/mh to come in. I'll post pics of the new room soon.

51431.jpg
51421.jpg

The blue tub is the one the boy almost burnt up. It is getting better and is coming along nicely since the stress is gone.

Hi, hows it going, when are you planning on flipping the lights, ive ordered some more berry bomb seeds, when i have got this round of flowering out the way then got the plants i got in veg now flowered off then im starting again with seeds from day 1, and i really want a nice purple strain, im 31 now and i have never in all my smoking life smoked or even seen any purple buds, apart from pics on here and seed banks, so a good purple strain is my goal, by the time i get to that grow stage ill be in winter here so the night temps will be getting cold and will give me hopefully purple buds, so hows yours going, its been a few days,

Well, I figured it was time for an update:

Most of the plants have turned out to be male. After conversing with DocBud, I think I may have been the guilty party. At this point Im abandoning the Journal, sorry I was hope for more my first go around. I will be concentrating on setting up the proper Room and environment for the next set of seeds.

420 please take this to the abandoned Journals. Thank you all for the input. I just do not feel it is necessary to post about male plants :Namaste: :(

oh man, I just read this and was getting excited :/ sorry to hear man. Keep your head up. You learn. maybe next time just get Feminized seeds like I do. Unless your gna be doing breeding. But hey man hang in there. Hope you can find some quality smoke. don't know where you are but I'm sure its around there somewhere!

oh man, I just read this and was getting excited :/ sorry to hear man. Keep your head up. You learn. maybe next time just get Feminized seeds like I do. Unless your gna be doing breeding. But hey man hang in there. Hope you can find some quality smoke. don't know where you are but I'm sure its around there somewhere!

Yeah I'm not bumbed out about it I'm glad it happened now instead of later. I had kept my temps in the 70's range. Not sure what happened but I'll just chock one up to experimenting.

I dont want to get fem'd seeds because at some point I want to try my hand at breeding. You can still read the journal although there really isn't much there.

Good luck in your endeavors and keep it green.

sorry to hear seagem, if you lived local id post you a fem seed to get you started again,

as for collecting pollen i have wondered about this, if you collect it and let it dry it says store it in the freezer, well when you take it out wouldnt it get damp and be of no use, and if that is the case then cant it just be kept at room temp and in a air tight dark container.

@seagem, im sure you will still be around the journals, you will be back up and running feet first in not time, so give us all a shout when you got the new journal up and running, are you 100% sure they are mostly male, surely 1 female would be worth keeping the journal going for, it would still be 1 female plant and still give you some buds to smoke, a lot less work having a lot less plants, juts an idea but i think even one plant would be worth keeping the journal going for, a lot of us have been checking in and your active in most the journals im active in so you have got plenty of people supporting you and what you do, would be a shame to give up even if you had only 1 female plant, id sure give it a chance, anything is better than nothing, plus you could take cuttings or start some seedlings while you end this flower session, if you are not 100% sure their male then wait and see, one of mine looked like it had male sacs either side of the node but after another couple of days the white pistils grew out of the bump so it is female and its what i got in flower now,

double check and make 100% sure they are male, how many females are you left with, its the problem having regular seeds, so head over to herbies head shop and scroll down the right hand side and click on pick and mix, then on that page scroll down left hand side and click on less than £20, then have a look at what you like, femenised seeds start at £2.00 or $3.50 plus postage which is lower than all other seed banks, and no matter what you buy you will get 2x bigbud#2 regular seeds and 1 x any other femenised seed or auto femenised, at the minute the offer is buy any seed even just 1 and get 2 x big bud #2 and 1 x delicious cotton candy femenised, so even if you bought the cheapest seed at £1.24 or $2, then the free seeds are worth £15 or $28 roughly so its worth it just for the free seeds, then if you spend over 40 or 50 quid you get a whole load of fem seeds for free, herbies has got the best offers i have seen, i only buy my seeds 1 or 2 at a time and i end up getting loads of fem seeds for free, this time when i ordered i sent him a msg saying i had got loads of big bud#2 regular seeds so this time he gave 1x delicious cotton candy femenised as advertised in his offer but to replace the big bud seeds i had a few of he sent me 2 x delicious fruity chronic juice femenised,

like i said if i could get a seed or 2 you i would, just to get you back up and running, but herbies is by far the best, i get my seeds the next day after i order them as long as i order before the post goes out, so shipment should be quicker than most other seed banks, plus when you buy off herbies often he looks after you like he did with me and replaced the big bud#2 with 2 x femenised seeds,

I probably will not collect any pollen. My plan on breeding is to let nature take its course. Im hashing out all the conditions I want in the grow room, next a breeding room. But thanks for the offering.:Namaste:

Before you kill the males you should collect the pollen

Dpp, I'm humbled for the offer of spotting me a seed. Im keeping the plants under the 12/12 lighting just on the safe side. Im pretty sure they are all male, but one never's knows until they positively show. I will post to the journal when Im 100%.

I also don't like they way they are growing, I was expecting more side branching, they are lollipoped. I even bumped up the nutes, not any changes except bad curling of the leaves.

Here is a list I'm considering for the Hi Brix way: These are original post from the sponsor site.

blue_mystic_1_medium.jpg
 Grapegod - Feminized
$21.61 each

8 years of breeding went into this strain of marijuana seeds before being released. Each generation was carefully picked from a large selection of potential parents. Carefully selected for deep flavour, beautiful appearance and very large yields. We know you will enjoy.
Flowering: Indoor: 50 days
Outdoor: Oct. 1

Plush_Berry_1_medium.jpg
Plush Berry - Regular
$15.99 each

Black Cherry Soda x Space Queen
Plush Berry is the first TGA offering from the Kush family. While this strain has a unique trait of Pink/Magenta Calyx this was not the motivating factor is the selection process, from the start it was all about taste and smell.

The Black Cherry Soda carried a strong Black Berry smell and taste and our goal with this new Kush Hybrid was to use this terpine profile combined with Space Queen to increase potency and resin content.

Tested under the name Pink Lady this new kush hybrid called Plush Berry has a very strong Blackberry smell and heavy resin coating.The coloring trait is present in high numbers and adds to the over all bag appeal of the strain but its the smell and taste that is truly unique in the field of Cannabis.

Indica/Sativa: 80%/20%
Flowering Time: 55-65 days
Yield: Medium
Resin Production: High
Smell/Taste: Tastes like blackberry jam, raspberries, Life Savers assorted pack, strong fruit over tones
Effect: Relaxing and heady, very calming and good for stress

Cheese_Quake_1_medium.jpg
 Cheese Quake - Regular
$15.99 each

Exodus Cheese x Querkle
The taste of this new strain, like a Grape Cheese Danish, is amazing. Both variations of the females are special in their own way as far as flavour is concerned. The Urkle Dom has a more grape musty taste, and the Cheese Dom has that unusual cheese smell, but both of the females have the same euphoric head high combined with a body stone.

It gives a nice flavour and provides a strong high to the point of impairment, also for experienced smokers. It has great pain-relief properties, even higher than those of its parents.

Sativa/Indica: 55/45
Harvest Window: 55-60 Days
Heavy Producer
Tastes Like a Grape Cream Cheese Danish
2 Free Feminized Seeds

Critical_Automatic_medium.jpg
Critical+ Auto - Feminized Free

An indica/sativa/Ruderalis hybrid, considered a unique strain among its autoflowering counterparts.

The Critical + autoflowering is a hybrid with an intense sweet and fruity flavour, so it is a novelty among the autoflowering strains. Is a variety with a regular pattern of growth characterised by wide internodes, which favours an open structure, typical of the Critical +.

Reaches an average height of 80-90 cm (2 to 3 feet) indoors. It is remarkable its extremely sweet flavour and excellent production of resinous tight buds.

In the final stage of maturation, produces many orange pistils and a smell that is clearly inherited from the Critical +.

The texture and appearance of buds are dense and compact. It has greatly increased flowers with respect to the proportion of leaves.
Yield: 900 gr - 1200 gR

White_Widow_6_medium.jpg
 White Widow - Feminized Free

In the late nineties, White Widow earned admiration the world over, for all the right reasons as it was something new, different, with more resin than any other strain at the time. From then on, we have been receiving the legacy from that particular strain. It is an indica-sativa hybrid with clear indica predominance, especially in the growing stage. Not very vigorous, it has many side branches making it easy to control indoors. The leaves are small, dark and shiny, whilst remaining quite wide. The smell of the stems rubbed between your fingers is deep, sweet & sour and very strong; it is important to use carbon filters indoors.

Production may be lower than for other strains but this is compensated by its resin coated flowers, offering very good strength and a mixed physical and mental medicinal effect, which is truly pleasurable. The flowering period lasts around 60 days indoors, which is necessary for maximum resin production; it is advisable to leave them in complete darkness for the last 5 days, to increase resin production as much as possible.

This technique also increases the concentration of essential oils and flavours, so it is recommended if you want a very tasty final product. Bear in mind that it can be eaSily affected by mould in humid climates and can be harvested till the 10th October, so it is advisable to harvest it quickly. In dry climates you can sit back and enjoy its wonderful aroma.

Flowering period: 50-60 days
Harvest outdoors: Until 10th October
""THC: High (12%-16%)
""CBD: Medium
Production: Medium
Height Outdoors: Can reach 2-3 m
Blend: Indica-Sativa with Indica dominance
Genotype: White widow x White widow

Blueberry_Gum_1_medium.jpg
Blueberry Gum - Feminized
$15.03 each

Blueberry Gum is the latest in G13 Line of awesome strains! A strain that will clear your mind but also give you an earthly calm. This strain is a must have for every connoisseur. Low maintenance and mould resistant make it perfect for amateurs but has the taste that would satisfy even the most fastidious and hard to please connoisseurs. Blueberry Gum produces rock solid crystal nugs with a sweet bubblegum aroma.
Take our word: this will knock your socks off!

blue_mystic_1_medium.jpg
Auto Blue Mystic - Feminized
$8.47 each

Quite simply, Blue Mystic is a one of a kind, with its stunning soft blue hues and a juicy berry after taste.

It shares many of the growing characteristics of the famous Northern Lights strain, producing high yielding plants that are easy to grow and maintain.

As it is predominantly an Indica strain, Blue Mystic produces compact buds that are covered in crystals and, in contrast to many strains, it produces a neutral smell whilst growing.

This is definitely a marijuana seed for any connoisseur’s collection.
Type: Indoor/Outdoor
Indica/Sativa: Indica dominant
Yield: 200-300g
Effect: Stoney
Grow height: Low
Flowering weeks: 5-7 weeks

Malawi_Gold_1_medium.jpg
 Mulanje Gold - Regular
$4.67 each
$4.67
This is the king of the Sativas and coming from the top of the second highest mountain in Africa you can guarantee very strong genetics and THC levels in excess of 20%. A true African gem. Seeds are quite white but house very strong growers that will have you utterly impressed as they fill out and coat in terpenes. Big plants with a big stone not for the faint hearted!

Genetics: 100% Mulanje Gold Landrace Sativa
Flavour: Lemon Gold
THC: 17-21%
Yield: 650/800gr
Characterisics: heavy buds, multi branch, christmas trees
Flowering time: 10/12 weeks

Freebies are from Dinafem. All seeds are through our sponsor Bomb Seeds. Their a little pricey but not like the one's spoke about Dpp.

If anyone has actual growing results with any of these strains I would be greatly please if You chimed in.

:thanks:

sorry to hear seagem, if you lived local id post you a fem seed to get you started again,

as for collecting pollen i have wondered about this, if you collect it and let it dry it says store it in the freezer, well when you take it out wouldnt it get damp and be of no use, and if that is the case then cant it just be kept at room temp and in a air tight dark container.

@seagem, im sure you will still be around the journals, you will be back up and running feet first in not time, so give us all a shout when you got the new journal up and running, are you 100% sure they are mostly male, surely 1 female would be worth keeping the journal going for, it would still be 1 female plant and still give you some buds to smoke, a lot less work having a lot less plants, juts an idea but i think even one plant would be worth keeping the journal going for, a lot of us have been checking in and your active in most the journals im active in so you have got plenty of people supporting you and what you do, would be a shame to give up even if you had only 1 female plant, id sure give it a chance, anything is better than nothing, plus you could take cuttings or start some seedlings while you end this flower session, if you are not 100% sure their male then wait and see, one of mine looked like it had male sacs either side of the node but after another couple of days the white pistils grew out of the bump so it is female and its what i got in flower now,

double check and make 100% sure they are male, how many females are you left with, its the problem having regular seeds, so head over to herbies head shop and scroll down the right hand side and click on pick and mix, then on that page scroll down left hand side and click on less than £20, then have a look at what you like, femenised seeds start at £2.00 or $3.50 plus postage which is lower than all other seed banks, and no matter what you buy you will get 2x bigbud#2 regular seeds and 1 x any other femenised seed or auto femenised, at the minute the offer is buy any seed even just 1 and get 2 x big bud #2 and 1 x delicious cotton candy femenised, so even if you bought the cheapest seed at £1.24 or $2, then the free seeds are worth £15 or $28 roughly so its worth it just for the free seeds, then if you spend over 40 or 50 quid you get a whole load of fem seeds for free, herbies has got the best offers i have seen, i only buy my seeds 1 or 2 at a time and i end up getting loads of fem seeds for free, this time when i ordered i sent him a msg saying i had got loads of big bud#2 regular seeds so this time he gave 1x delicious cotton candy femenised as advertised in his offer but to replace the big bud seeds i had a few of he sent me 2 x delicious fruity chronic juice femenised,

like i said if i could get a seed or 2 you i would, just to get you back up and running, but herbies is by far the best, i get my seeds the next day after i order them as long as i order before the post goes out, so shipment should be quicker than most other seed banks, plus when you buy off herbies often he looks after you like he did with me and replaced the big bud#2 with 2 x femenised seeds,

sounds like you got a plan all ready in place, im still hoping you got at least one female, if not id drop the seed bank a msg and have a word with them, if its ok to grow where you are then they should discuss it with you, where i am their sold strictly as preserving future strains or souveneer purposes so i couldnt speak to them if they all turned out to be something other than what we want, but if i was you i would drop them a msg and explain what happen, say you spent a load of money on the set up and everything needed for when the plants where growing like nutes and you found out they was all male, i dont think it had anything to do with the way you germed them, the plants i got in flower now was germed the same way, i just wet some kitchen roll put it in a tub and through the seeds on top and covered with another layer of kitchen roll and sprayed with water to keep moist,

its only recently i have read about germing the seeds so the roots can grow down and the plant up, i cant say if it works better or not, but i got more females than males from regular seeds using the same method, so id try and contact them if you can and say what happened, if they are decent enough they should sort you out free seeds or some discount off next order, say you sent a load of custom their way through this site and spread the news how reliable and good they was, its gota be worth a try, if it happened to me and i could contact them then id drop them an email and discuss it with them, i could see them giving you some free replacements or even discount with next order

thanks Dpp- I just took a look at all of them again a bit ago. I hope the one plant I sexed as male is not both, Im watching it for herm'in it is starting to show some male and female parts. :cheer:

If you recall back towards the beginning of this thread I contacted them about the weird leaf pattern's or missing one's. All I got then was " cool leaf pattern" and that they were aware of the strain not being stable. "Free Seeds' I believe is a seed distribution center, They carry other's seeds as well as their own, Bomb Seeds.

Does anyone know if I can use the mosquito dip for flea's? I was attacked while in the grow room, damn new soil...ggrrrrr

Since I dont have that much invested in the grow as far as cost of seeds go. Im very tempted to trash them all, spray heavily in the room and begin again. if I spray right after the trash and before I order new seeds, I should have enough time time in between grows to exterminate them damn flea's. I have a dog in the house but she is on a system that breaks the life cycle and she is even being eaten alive :(

Also, does anyone know if I can sterilize the soil with out hurting any beneficial fungi, microbe's, etc...?

i know they sell powders and sprays, i used a bomb a while back, you light it and leave the room and close the doors and after a few hours it kills everything in their and works for days after, just keep animals away for the time it says, kills gold fish and birds but is ok after a few hours and leaves no remains so is safe to use

Dpp- I'll see what I can find. The neighbors have 4 outside dogs.

I just re-checked a few plants and I have 2 females. It's amazing how one time they look male and another they look female. I sure hope these 2 dont herm like the other 3. Might be ok for some smoke but I will not be keeping any clones from this strain.

if I can get these 2 settled after bombing I think I'll be ok. I may just put them back to veg, treat the house while they are out in the garage. I wonder how much stress it will put on them to re-pot? I am not going to battle with these flea's all summer.

What brand did you use?

if they start herming CASTERATE THEM!!!! you can try just cutting the little balls off and new growth should resume (not male parts) Its worth a try rather than just trashing it.

Deege, I know believe me I feel bad enough about the grow. I really should have got the room up and running. I am realizing how many mistakes I did make. Im not trying to grow hoards, but that would be nice. I like all the seeds on my new list, but that to is subject to change. I have been back and forth on a few strains. This time before I buy I have a list of questions to ask before I buy.

Im trying to get some air pots and found a cheap price on them, and if I can find the black plastic molded material in bulk, then I'll be making my own. I found the plastic bottoms from u-line.com. I have ordered from these people before and product is always here in 2 days.

I checked the plants again today and they are beginning to swell abit so until they show me balls I guess the can stay. Next weekend I'll be taking everything out to the garage and covering windows while we go watch a show the house will be BOMBED for fleas. I have sprayed 4 times the whole house. I get attacked going into the grow room (glad I moved out of the bedroom). then will get the room washed up and vacumed. With just the bare bones. I will be painting or i may just get the panda paper. Then I could section every thing off. Im going to go for the brix method, I can buy the bucket stuff and air lines cheaper, but will order the main materials on DocBud'd Grass Roots Hi Brix Thread, also will be needing a light system the guy backed out who I was getting it from. This was I wont have something that might not work.

will be getting a supply list started and ordered, and tea boiling. But before I do the tea, Im washing off all the soil and replanting. Im right on the line about these plants,they were all looking very good until I moved them to a spare, where they are now. Need to get a portable cooler set up in the room.

I took a few pics yesterday which I will ad tomorrow. Bed is calling. Have a great nigh all.:peacetwo:

I'm so freekin confused with this strain, I just dont understand.
Let me try explaining. The strain is not been stabilized to begin with. Last week i noticed several of the plants were showing male, then hermy. Not a big problem but what has me mind boggled is that Yesterday my son was looking at the plants (still have all 8) under 12/12 lighting.

He comes to me and say's "Mom the plants are all females" I said no way. How can a plant change sex especially after it has shown balls?
I wish my camera was better and I could have got pics, but right now all I have is the phone camera. It zooms in fine but not enought for details.

Today they all are showing as females, developing buds in several area's on every plant. How can this be? Can someone explain this to me please.

Maybe I need new glasses. lol :Namaste:

Woo Hoo going to get some smoke after all. :party:

Back
Top Bottom