Berry Bomb Grow

Here is the update at 4 weeks: Plants started on 5ml nutes seemed to help. Here are a few pics. Need to start getting supplies for a carbon filter and hps & mh lightening after the first part of the month. I have also just put them under the 18/6 schedule. Not to sure how long I will have them in veg. But want to let them mature. Some of the stems are turning reddish, same color as ruebarb. Aroma has slacked off from the berry smell and is getting more dank by the day. Added another cfl and the bubble wrap with reflective material.

The largest plant is putting on more leave's under the top growth (sorry for the blurriness).

So since I haven't posted in a few days I had some extra time to take a few pics. The one plant is at 6 inches tall and showing alot of growth and shoots off the fan leaf branches. I am giving nutes every 3 days, 10 ml's. and they are loving it. So much for being a sensitive strain concerning nutes.

All the plants are at 32 days, and 5 days into veg. cycle with 18/6. I am wanting to add the light hour in the middle. Yesterday I noticed all the leaves slightly hanging I further studied them today and have decided to try something.

Here is what I noticed.
1. all leaves wilted looking. However after sending into the dark cycle for 6 hours. After lights back on noticed all plants were perked up and feeling fine.

This lead me to the question of is it better to water before the dark cycle with plain water (I use distilled only) OR should I give them a good drink after coming out of the dark cycle?

If watering right as they go into dark then does this help the roots to pull up more nutes from the medium and therefore better utilizing of plants internal engery process?
OR
Would they be better suited to give a good healthy drink of water right after the lights come back on?

Some would ask what difference does it make??
That is what I want to find out.

Do most of us not have coffee 1st thing in the am or when we wake?
Or what about before going to bed to u get a drink most of the time?

SO, I'm going to do it both ways over the next 2 weeks, while still in veg. I'm not going to force flower to sex. I am watching as close as I can, and will pull the male and continue to veg for pollen and seeds.

Update of the strain: I have noticed more and more leaf anomalies. Some missing parts and some having extra. So far I have 3 plants that are completely free of the deformities, However that still does not guarantee me a stable strain, because at this point I think it is useless to try growing Berry Bomb to make another cross... sorry to burst bubbles...I'm just saying. I will likely cross the hybird for my own personal use. Next grow I will consider stability and pure strains.

It would benefit someone wanting to try stabilize this strain, something I contemplated doing but without notes and information from the original cross it may keep u wondering why this is happening. I simply do not have the space and time for such a large quest.

Here is the best plant once again and Still it is showing NO signs of sex. It has been 32 days from seed, almost 1 week in veg/light cycle.
Others are very slow and I would estimate that this is most likely going to be male ( only because the other ones are jsut now beginning to start under growth. They all are on the same nutes, same light cycle, and same environment. So why so slow?? Females??? If so that will be a great percentage since I started with 9 of 10 seeds, I am down to 8 minus the one the son abused, but it to is starting to turn around.

I threw in a couple of pics that show root growth without being blacked out. I have not covered them with anything and just let them go. Roots also grow in light as long as there is not direct light beating down on them.

will post pics tomorrow

Anyway, hope all is well with everyone and :passitleft:

Here is the most advanced plant. I had forgot to smug the photos so I had to do it today.
thanks for all the patience.

Took some more pics tonight and moved tent, also had to transplant the largest plant. I am trying to utilize anything I can use for pots, hence the laundry soap containers. No need to add to the refuse pile.They are just about 2 gallon size, Heat up an ice pick and burn in drain holes. Working so far,

Well enough rambling. I took some quick pics of current growth, they all are beginning to be about the same height and looking sooo much better thank you Twelve12.

BBG12.jpg

BBG.jpg

GC- Yeah the closet, great for soil clones and seedlings. Im going to try getting the room set up and moving the plants to the 12x12 room. I was sort of forced to begin the grow before getting any supplies, so i have been trying a few ways to go Green.I like the Closet, it has open ventilation - but for less then 30.00 you cant beat that. Have plans to do a DWC, do not know what strains i will be at this point.
Good luck growing...

Lookin good, how is the closet working out? I just tossed one of those, should have kept it.

:morenutes::party:Well it's been one busy week here. I have taken the plants out of the small clothe closet they were in to aid them in getting more light and keep stress down so they are not so crowded. I just set something up fast so the room still need the modifications. I have several items on order. It will be 2 weeks before I can get my fan, Was told they're on back order. Maybe more people growing. Sure hope so.

I need to get the bushy one's trimmed up and begin training for the screen. Once in place I dont want to move them. Still have 4 more in the 2L's to transplant hope to do that tomorrow as well.

They ahve been in veg for almost 2 weeks on the 18/6 cycle. I was hoping to get some more height on them, but we'll see how they are doing over the next 2 weeks. Right now just trying to get them all to the same height.

Here's this weeks pics.

42days2.jpg
42days3.jpg
42days.jpg

Hope all is well and growing big and bushy with everyone.

Update: 46 days, nutes at 15-10-10, have moved the plants out of the closet, just have 23w cfl's on them. had moved the lights up to see if they would stretch some on the smaller one. They are coming along nicely. I have been watching some very small green dots at the stem junction, just today they have began protruding and are making more of a point, Finger's crossed it's female. Temps are still in the mid to low 70's. The larger plants 4 of them are staying mostly uniformed in growth pattern.

Got my carbon filter in today and all the carbon had leaked out onto the 2ndary filter. Called the supplier and they have arleady at this point sent out another, the fan alos came in today (6" inline with a power change dial) waiting on a few more items and should be set for now.

Please excuse my pics if they seem a bit blurry, right now it's the best I can do. Maybe some of you can see the sex organs trying to show, I'll highlight the area. they still might be a bit small to see clearly.

well I can not post pics until site maintence is done so sorry all. Maybe it wont be very long??

2_14_.jpg

3_11_.jpg

46d2.jpg

46d3.jpg

5_4_1.jpg

Thank You for the compliments the girls will thank you with a smoke report.lol

I just have found a post on the net of several PVC light fixture's and a very cool hydro system. I'll try using it as my next grow. here is a pic

flowlitl.jpg

Hoping to make some adjustments to it and possibly add a screen and reflective material, maybe even adjustable height without hanging lights.

Glad to have you along, The Berry Bomb takes 8 weeks to flower so it is going to be some time unless they take off, we'll see.

Ps. I have the measurements if anyone is interested just message me.

Yea, It's not mine yet. I found it on a school project site for Hyrdo.
I am thinking of making a few changes for my net grow.

Very cool setup. I was actually thinking of making something similar out of pvc and feeding the tubes through the side of my box.
That would work. I had thought I's would adapt it to a 12x12 room. Construct it with a couple of levels for veg and remove the pots to a single level for flower.

Oh and I see your a new member too, :welcome: to :420:

Okay Update: I got the other can filter in just a bit ago. It happens to be better then the 1st one they sent out. So need some in put from you'all.

Can I cut the metal stay's and wash the filter or shake it out, then re-attach it back to the can?

Thanks

i know you can wash some filters and others will fall apart i take it your talking about the outer dust filter, if you do take it off and wash it and it dont come out very good then im sure you can buy a big piece of filter and cut your own and wrap it round, have a look on the auction sites for filter sheets

i know you can wash some filters and others will fall apart i take it your talking about the outer dust filter, if you do take it off and wash it and it dont come out very good then im sure you can buy a big piece of filter and cut your own and wrap it round, have a look on the auction sites for filter sheets

yea, I rinsed it in the tub and put it in the dryer. Put it all back together and am running it now on the dark cycle. Will see how it works when I turn back on lights this evening.

Dpp. How is your Berry Bomb doing? Havent seen you post any more about it.

ive not got the berry bomb anymore, i donated it to a friend who would benefit from it, ill try and get some pics of it next time im over their, ill be getting cuttings if its female, he is vegging it out under mh lights so its getting pretty big, but he has grown loads before so i think it will be a decent plant when its all done, plus he will sort me a good smoke from it and a clone or 2,

i think you will be ok washing, most filters can be washed, but they are not expensive to buy so if the outer dust cover dont survive then you should be able to find or make one yourself with no problems

Back
Top Bottom