Best LED grow lights

I’m looking to pull the trigger and have found that sp have better penetration over ts
Not exactly a scientific study ;) (I'm sure they do have the study to back up that advertisement) but you will love the light and grow much potent weed with it.
Mars is a sponsor so be sure to grab every discount code they offer!

Not exactly a scientific study ;) (I'm sure they do have the study to back up that advertisement) but you will love the light and grow much potent weed with it.
Mars is a sponsor so be sure to grab every discount code they offer!
To be totally honest I am still undecided since I already own a hlg 288 diy 260 kit and it seriously rocks. I contacted them seeing if I can add another board to the driver since I expanded my 2x4 to 2.5x6 and was recommended to buy they’re v2 135 diy kit to supplement the added space but I’ve been looking at the sp 150 to have a bit of a varied spectrum but haven’t made my mind yet if I should try my hand with the sp or stick with qb. So thankful for this thread that expands on that same subject. Migro is actually doing a comparison on ig on all the different led types that helps on the subject

To be totally honest I am still undecided since I already own a hlg 288 diy 260 kit and it seriously rocks. I contacted them seeing if I can add another board to the driver since I expanded my 2x4 to 2.5x6 and was recommended to buy they’re v2 135 diy kit to supplement the added space but I’ve been looking at the sp 150 to have a bit of a varied spectrum but haven’t made my mind yet if I should try my hand with the sp or stick with qb. So thankful for this thread that expands on that same subject. Migro is actually doing a comparison on ig on all the different led types that helps on the subject
You already have a HLG QB with top bin Samsung chips and are considering going with something else? I did not know this. Think man think . . . or ask Stunned or Chris S. about the difference.

You already have a HLG QB with top bin Samsung chips and are considering going with something else? I did not know this. Think man think . . . or ask Stunned or Chris S. about the difference.
It was mainly due to budget but this post help set the record lol specially when u told me to think I can’t argue when u right. Pulling the trigger on the 135w v2 I’m expecting to yield min a lb with this set up I’m running autoflowers btw so this should be interesting lol

It was mainly due to budget but this post help set the record lol specially when u told me to think I can’t argue when u right. Pulling the trigger on the 135w v2 I’m expecting to yield min a lb with this set up I’m running autoflowers btw so this should be interesting lol
I believe someone mentioned HLG are adding IR chips to their new boards for added IR. Now that might be an interesting idea.

Thx @Remystemple
Power to the people ;)

I've always mentioned the kind of lights i use here. I guess it's as long as we don't post links to their store page and such. but I agree with the band wagon mentality when you see so many just jump to suggest a mars light because they're a sponsor. I own a couple mars lights and think they're alright, but in my short time growing and looking around most of the time there could be a better or more fitting suggestion made.

equal kick out of the guys who tell newbies to build their own diy cob or quantum set up :laugh::rofl:

I'm not necessarily against Mars Hydro Lights
I'm against censorship and the slanted way this forum stifles freedom of expression
It's like.... you might have the crappiest product ever conceived....
But if you're a sponsor, then you get treated like a god by the powers that be on this board
That's bad for everybody, including this board!
We are certainly on the opposite of another site that I had visited one weekend. That site had just signed up a new sponsor (they sold liquidizer for wax) and the regular posters were allowed to absolutely trash it. I really doubt they were a sponsor once they were asked to write that second check.
I don't want this site to go down that route but I do agree with you; I just will refrain from detailing why. To tell you the truth my belief it's best to refrain from sharing more completely about this is actually more disturbing to me than anything I'd want to be able to share about any sponsor.

I've always mentioned the kind of lights i use here. I guess it's as long as we don't post links to their store page and such. but I agree with the band wagon mentality when you see so many just jump to suggest a mars light because they're a sponsor. I own a couple mars lights and think they're alright, but in my short time growing and looking around most of the time there could be a better or more fitting suggestion made.

equal kick out of the guys who tell newbies to build their own diy cob or quantum set up :laugh::rofl:
Since Mars is a sponsor I believe it is good form to congratulate their decision to buy from that sponsor instead of talking them out of it. If I am very directly asked I'll provide an opinion but otherwise . . .

The best thing about the qbs is that you can upgrade and easily replace components. Can you do this with the other lights?

The best thing about the qbs is that you can upgrade and easily replace components. Can you do this with the other lights?

I"m not sure but i know every time a light dies i'll be replacing with a qb. or if i can sell them off. i don't think i can do the diy thing tho. not everyone has the hands for it when it comes to wires and shit lol.

I"m not sure but i know every time a light dies i'll be replacing with a qb. or if i can sell them off. i don't think i can do the diy thing tho. not everyone has the hands for it when it comes to wires and shit lol.
The actual diy kits are uber easy. They have step by step builds on YouTube put out by HLG. Soooooo easy. If I can do it you can.

The actual diy kits are uber easy. They have step by step builds on YouTube put out by HLG. Soooooo easy. If I can do it you can.

maybe i'll give it a shot then. i've been surprising myself lately with some of the handyman stuff i've been able to do, when normally i'd just grab a hammer and smash stuff. they seem pretty cheap to get started. if they come out with a better kind of lighting after i switch over i'll be pissed.

maybe i'll give it a shot then. i've been surprising myself lately with some of the handyman stuff i've been able to do, when normally i'd just grab a hammer and smash stuff. they seem pretty cheap to get started. if they come out with a better kind of lighting after i switch over i'll be pissed.
They just put the newest boards out they are the 288 V2 Rspect. They are for general use through flower. They added red diodes to the boards.

If you're not comfortable with DIY, PM me and I can give you the info from the guy I get my lights from
I don't want to put it together, and Kurt is world class to deal with

Thanks a lot broski. when the time comes and i'm still afraid of diy i'll take you up on that.

Back
Top Bottom