Best LED grow lights

I"m not sure but i know every time a light dies i'll be replacing with a qb. or if i can sell them off. i don't think i can do the diy thing tho. not everyone has the hands for it when it comes to wires and shit lol.
I have three Viparspectra that I'd love to get rid of (2-300R and a PAR450) but I'll just use them for vegging because I'm too scared to list on eBay; I received a call from the USDA over some grape vines I bought from overseas, they are looking at the listings and I'm not in a legal State.

I have three Viparspectra that I'd love to get rid of (2-300R and a PAR450) but I'll just use them for vegging because I'm too scared to list on eBay; I received a call from the USDA over some grape vines I bought from overseas, they are looking at the listings and I'm not in a legal State.

I think i'm gonna try get away from mother plants. they're a bit of a hassle and i can only run so many at a time. been thinking it's probably worth it to just start using seeds again. if i do that i'll have a 4x3 open for real veggies lol. use the old leds for that.

I have 3 of those "2000w" led cob lights. they have 4 cobs in them and a bunch of 10w chips. 2 from the one company have crees on them. I'm just getting perpetual finally and have 2 in my 8x4 gonna be the flower tent once i do my next flip.

then one of the lights from another company and i think the cobs on them are epistar or something. i use it in the veg tent. i know that when it comes time to flower i'll run both switches on but i can't figure out if it's better to veg with the pink colour led light or the white light from the cobs.

I’m looking to pull the trigger and have found that sp have better penetration over ts
SP has a slightly better penetration than TS since the chips are more closer on the SP. :) But TS have bigger coverage.

Remystemple building those qb are extremely easy they have made the kits fool prof as virgin said they have step by step instructions videos on YouTube if you can set up a dripper system and grow then putting a qb together will be a breeze don’t be put off there easy plus being able to add and not waste money is a great thing as you may want to change the size of your grow space making them very versatile and they are priced well for the technology you’ll be getting from them, there’s people on here absolutely smashing great yields with the quality with them, which let’s face it that’s what we are all after and saving on electric with less heat, don’t get me wrong the Mars lights are fine but for me I’d be on the qb.

Remystemple building those qb are extremely easy they have made the kits fool prof as virgin said they have step by step instructions videos on YouTube if you can set up a dripper system and grow then putting a qb together will be a breeze don’t be put off there easy plus being able to add and not waste money is a great thing as you may want to change the size of your grow space making them very versatile and they are priced well for the technology you’ll be getting from them, there’s people on here absolutely smashing great yields with the quality with them, which let’s face it that’s what we are all after and saving on electric with less heat, don’t get me wrong the Mars lights are fine but for me I’d be on the qb.
Thanks for the support. I'm ready to toss my lights in the trash and build a QB lol. Soon

Hey guys at the moment im 2 600w bulbs and a smaller light im not to bothetd with but where i live the price or power isnt cheap along with all the other stiff im running to keep my enviroment in check it starts to cost a bit so to minimize costs in the long run im looking at LED lights can anyone give me some advice on some good ones
Are you in the U.S. ? I'm getting ready to sell my entire set up as soon as my current grow finishes in 2 - 4 weeks. My LED's work great & run $1150 ea. New. Would sell the 2 of them for the price of 1. I'm going to a smaller set up & don't need this much light. PM me if you are interested. Hope I'm allowed to do this as I don't know. Do they have a For Sale Section for equipment ? I'm still kind of new to this site so not sure about some things.

All of everyone's talk of HLG's new board had me drooling over them, wanting (not needing) them. Then I started looking at the specs, 36pcs 660nm Epistar red leds. Does anyone know what wattage each chip would be?
I've found some 660nm cobs that are 1,3, and 5 watt. 10 of the 1's are $4.58, 3's are $4.89 and the 5's are $13.12 same seller/manufacture (SUFI) also has 660n leds that go clear up to 42mm/50 watts that go 5 of them for $81.32.

Why could I not just add the red with these 660nm's? Is there a difference between COB and led or am I just trying to figure out wattage? I'm kind of leaning towards the 3 watts ( best price per watt) maybe 20? But I would certainly be easily talked into a different one, I just want some advice about which ones. I'll figure out the rest . . . I've got good home owner's insurance in case of fire :rolleyes:

All of everyone's talk of HLG's new board had me drooling over them, wanting (not needing) them. Then I started looking at the specs, 36pcs 660nm Epistar red leds. Does anyone know what wattage each chip would be?
I've found some 660nm cobs that are 1,3, and 5 watt. 10 of the 1's are $4.58, 3's are $4.89 and the 5's are $13.12 same seller/manufacture (SUFI) also has 660n leds that go clear up to 42mm/50 watts that go 5 of them for $81.32.

Why could I not just add the red with these 660nm's? Is there a difference between COB and led or am I just trying to figure out wattage? I'm kind of leaning towards the 3 watts ( best price per watt) maybe 20? But I would certainly be easily talked into a different one, I just want some advice about which ones. I'll figure out the rest . . . I've got good home owner's insurance in case of fire :rolleyes:
I think I know someone with that knowledge. @farside05 knows a lot about lighting. Maybe he can help us out.

QB’s for the win all the way!! LOL
6C05B114-FE76-48CA-A23A-0DAA539734A9.jpeg
4880260E-65C4-43E7-9F71-70DA027B4F8A.jpeg
8A1B3CB2-8FAE-44AF-BBE9-85C47246C170.jpeg
8C1764EC-67D5-4507-B3C4-05696F4496B0.jpeg
2F5F4F1A-202F-4FBA-AE25-E271498E52CA.jpeg

Not an LED user, but looking at them a lot lately. Check out getting 3 ea. Mars Hydro SP 250. I've almost pulled the trigger myself, but I have low energy costs here, so my payback is longer. Run one in your 2x4 area, and two in the 4x4. $741.44 in USA delivered, with discount code "420magazine".
when I get the stuff for a tent grow the SP 250s is the light I was considering, One member has a post on them ………………….Sponsored Grow: Krip Keepers Frost Fest Featuring Mars SP-250 In Mars 4' x 4' Tent...……………………………………. I will be looking at that thread to see how they do. It will be after the first of the year before I can get any of the stuff for it though because I have spent a tone of money on stuff for a living soil, :snowboating:

HI JAY CAN YOU TELL ME ABOURT YOUR QUANTUM BOARD NICE PLANT YOU GROW DO THEY HAVE A NAME SORRY MY ENGLISH ARE NOT SO GOOD I CALL FRO DENMARK BEST REGARDS HENNING
Hello Henning. In that flower room I have 12 quantum boards. I consider 4 quantum boards to be 1 light. So I have 1 meanwell 480 driver for each 4 quantum boards. Each light(4 quantum boards) is putting out 600 true watts from the wall. As far as genetics , I have 3 plants of each. And they are Tropicana cookies, wedding cake, bubba kush, and grape pie.

HI JAY CAN YOU TELL ME ABOURT YOUR QUANTUM BOARD NICE PLANT YOU GROW DO THEY HAVE A NAME SORRY MY ENGLISH ARE NOT SO GOOD I CALL FRO DENMARK BEST REGARDS HENNING
And I sorry Henning, I bought Samsung quantum boards from one distributor, and got my meanwell drivers from another. I bought the racks that hold 2 boards somewhere else also. Then you just wire them up. And if your not handy , there are plenty of videos online showing you how to run them in series or parallel.

I think I know someone with that knowledge. @farside05 knows a lot about lighting. Maybe he can help us out.
I believe I've figured out the watts. A normal board is 120 watts; the new board is the same chips with the additional Epistars and it's 150 watts. I'm extremely stoned:lot-o-toke: but that looks like 30 watts per board. I've got 2 boards so perhaps 2 sets of 10x 3 watts might just do it. Heck, it's just $10 for those. . . . $10.47 to be exact. Maybe I'll see them in 2-3 weeks.
I bet my numbers are totally off. However the 660nm is correct and I've got 60 watts of them ordered.
Very likely way too much/many but that's better than not enough. Just changed order to 50 of these 3-watt Epistars for $18 Heck they are cheap.

Get the 3000k, not the 3500k. It has been shared here by those more knowledgeable than me (although it is quite the low bar to overcome) that 3000k is better for flower and is the most popular choice.
Those gentlemen likely will pop up sometime today; I'd trust their judgement
Be aware that some will share that Aliexpress sellers can't be trusted to send what is advertised. I purchase there a couple of times a week (cheap vape supplies, glassware; bongs/ash catchers, and electronic supplies to refurbish Dell laptops when I need to buy new) and have never found that to be the case. Their tracking from China is much better than eBay's is btw. I bought mine from a US seller because of the time factor (2-3 weeks vs. 3 days) not because I was worried about the honesty of the bigger sellers on Aliexpress. With you being in NZ the time factor ought to be cut in half and you'll likely see it in under two weeks.
I followed the link (links are naughty btw; I forgot and put some in my posts on this discussion. The mods had to fix my posts; sorry about that) and it looks like what you want; get the 3000k and you will love it.

Back
Top Bottom