Best LED grow lights

I’m running the unit farm grow bar same thing as the sp 250 but with cree and osram chips absolutely crushing a 2x4, 22” above the canopy
724C2C10-171D-4F25-8B10-B176EF276079.jpeg
F1D6B42A-5728-4238-9AC9-0D19F5A4ED96.jpeg

Are both tents going to be for veg and flower both or is the 2x4 going to be a veg only?
I am guessing right now you're burning about 1400w?
For this to save you anything on electricity you need the most efficient lights you can get.
About the most efficient I know of are the Samsung LM301B strips.
You could build your own lights using all top quality components for about $1300.

300w about 8 strips for the 2x4 and make the light 2x4 for perfect coverage.
And 600w for the 4x4 make two more of the 2x4 lights 300w each.
900w with most likely more PAR than what you currently run with 1400w saving 500w.
That's both spaces set for veg and flower both.

Are both tents going to be for veg and flower both or is the 2x4 going to be a veg only?
I am guessing right now you're burning about 1400w?
For this to save you anything on electricity you need the most efficient lights you can get.
About the most efficient I know of are the Samsung LM301B strips.
You could build your own lights using all top quality components for about $1300.

300w about 8 strips for the 2x4 and make the light 2x4 for perfect coverage.
And 600w for the 4x4 make two more of the 2x4 lights 300w each.
900w with most likely more PAR than what you currently run with 1400w saving 500w.
That's both spaces set for veg and flower both.
The 2x4 will be just for veg. Where abouts can you buy them strips or just get some more details?

if i had $1500 to spend on lights, knowing what i know now i'd probably build a quantum or cob set up. @Chris Scorpio is the man when it comes to these systems. they seem to blow away anything you can buy pre built.

Yes QBs for the win

I see new ones now have some added red strips for flower...those look great

I filled my 4x4 tent for less than $400 bucks

2x4 tent for about $200

All diy, very easy to do, just gotta get the right driver for the boards you get and yer dialed

Yes QBs for the win

2x4 tent for about $200

All diy, very easy to do, just gotta get the right driver for the boards you get and yer dialed
You would really have a hard time spending even close to $1500 on QB's for your tents. Scorpio is correct on those prices.
I have 240 watts in a 2x4 of QB's and 405 true from the wall watts LED's in another tent and the QB's grow denser buds; you can spend your entire roll on LED's and maybe if you get enough of the high dollar ones from a reputable manufacturer you might get the same quality of bud as you would from QB's.

You would really have a hard time spending even close to $1500 on QB's for your tents. Scorpio is correct on those prices.
I have 240 watts in a 2x4 of QB's and 405 true from the wall watts LED's in another tent and the QB's grow denser buds; you can spend your entire roll on LED's and maybe if you get enough of the high dollar ones from a reputable manufacturer you might get the same quality of bud as you would from QB's.

my next round of flowering will be in a 8x4 tent with 2x phlizon cob leds they draw 450w each and one aglex draws 400w. I needed to upgrade but didn't have and still don't have the time or the hands really for that kind of diy.
but what it sounds like is a quantum set up would have given more light than these 3 at about 1/3 the hydro usage?

The 2x4 will be just for veg. Where abouts can you buy them strips or just get some more details?
They are sold out until September unfortunately.
For the 2x4 veg tent you can build the same light but just dim it down and use like 150 to 200w.
And a full 600w in the 4x4 to save another 100 to 150w.

I prefer these strips over the Quantum Boards because with strips you can get much better uniform coverage over the whole canopy right out to the edges instead of the usual hot spot in the center.
Running same diodes just better configuration.
I plan to build 2 lights that are 2x2 and 330w each which is probably just a wee bit over kill for my 2.5' x 5' space but I can just dim them slightly and run cooler and less wattage most of the grow then let em have it the final two weeks at full blast.

The best thing I like about QB's over LED's is the low cost of operation especially because they don't produce heat (I'm a cheap SOB).
There is a seller on eBay of the 288.2 QB board and heatsink combo ($80) and the Samsung F-Series LED Strip ($50) both best offer. Several of us have bought from him (he has a website) but alas is not an advertiser so it's not right to share the name.

Yes QBs for the win

2x4 tent for about $200

Nice yea i was also looking at quantum boards like the hlg550 rspec you know of a cheaper option?

What's the main difference between an led panel and a quantum board?. i've heard a lot of talk of chip quality when it comes to led panels, but haven't heard anything regarding differing quality in quantum board chips.

Back
Top Bottom