Big Buddha Cheese x Cheese: First Time Grower!

Hey Verbal I'm hoping for 10oz but I'm not really sure what to expect. It's hard to get a judge of a plants size on a photo so yields are new to me. I have bought an Led panel it's bright .. it's very bright and the colour are mad. Going to see if I'm in trouble now wish me luck!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Such is life...not to worry....are you using those LEDs you got for side lighting? 10oz is a good number to reach for on s first grow. I have my fingers crossed for you. Looks like you vegged for quite a while so it should be attainable unless you overfeed or over water.

Week 7 today since planting as seed. Germ and seedling is about 14 days so 5 weeks veg?
420-magazine-mobile1058250596.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1891448756.jpg

420-magazine-mobile456071187.jpg

The back left one I've topped and decorated. The back right one had incredibly small but bushy phenom and has been topped twice. The one on the front right is massive compared already has 18 main cola sites. I fimmed her once and topped a few after that. The lst has done wonders for her. The front left is half lst'd. She had a very thick stem and I've been gradually bending more and more each day. I'm going to wait until after their next water before bending her completely and tying down some of the side shoots. I'm just experimenting really seeing what works best for me and giving me much needed experience. I will defrost fim then top and lst in future

Hey do you wear LED glasses at all? Just a tip.. if u don't have em, buy em! Leds will ruin your eyes very quickly if you spend a lot of time in the grow room without the proper glasses. The method 7 sunglasses are perfect for the job, you can see the plant in its true color but most importantly it protects your eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Make sure when you water that they are thoroughly soaked. Run off doesn't meant shit if its just running down the side or through cracks.
I had many say I was overwatering when in fact I wasn't. That led to the yellowing leaves and drooping. Looked just like I was overwatering.
With that said, That doesn't mean dunk em every day. Just make sure when its time to water that the soil actually gets nice and wet all the way through.

Coming along nicely i'm not a led man myself just yet i've just not found that jump of faith at the moment, but always interesting to see results.

I see one of the moderators edited some stuff that was more likely related to this news article which ya may want to read to understand things a little bit better - Platinum LED - No Longer A Sponsor

How ever fine panels lots off growers use em... read the link bud it will ya teach a little history lesson so to speak :Namaste:

Hi guys update time! 7 weeks and 3 days since planted. It's hard to get a good picture until I can find a good spot light to use for photos.

One of the girls is massive she shows superior phenos from seedling and I've fimmed and topped her she now has 20+ tops. The others have had less training but all 4 are now LSTd to some degree. The others have 8-10 tops currently. I defoliated a bit recently too as slot of lower leaves where in darkness. I've also tucked away or removed some of the top fan leaves in order to provide light for the new colas to grow up.

They haven't had a water in over a week as they were flushed before but today big girl needed her drink as her medium is dry enough now that she was dropping. The other 3 being smaller will get their water in 2 days I'm judging by the weight of them.

It's just plain water this time around. Feels like a bit of a gamble but based on the size of them now they will drain their mediums in time for a feed if needed. So far they have been vegging for 5 weeks and have only had 2 feeds. One of which I flushed back out the day after as I was picking up nitrogen toxicity. Since then they've done really well the flush was a good call.

420-magazine-mobile1431256105.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1600326495.jpg

420-magazine-mobile687663403.jpg

Filling the tent nicely

Yeah they're twice as wide as they are tall now they're LSTd which surprised me lol.

No idea how much of the tent they're going to fill once they've had their flower growth spurt but I'm hopeful!

Question, do they continue to grow throughout the entire flower cycle or does the veg growth stop like half way and only flower production towards the end? :thanks:

All strains will have their "stretch" period when flipped to a 12/12 cycle. The amount of stretch depends on the strain (indica/sativa) - sativa is a big stretcher, indicas tend to be short and bushy.

Most plants will stretch for 2-3 weeks after being flipped. After that they concentrate on flower production. Hope that helps a bit.

Count on your plants doubling or tripling in size after flipping.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Small request...next time you have the ladies out of the tent for whatever reason can you take pics in natural light. It's impossible to tell how they are really doing in the led light...cheers and happy growing!

Hi Verbal I'm debating whether to have a 250watt hps as well as the led towards the end but I'm getting a battery powered LED work light on Thursday so I can turn the LEDs off whilst I inspect and take photos. Any news on when your going to start?

HI Jari, hard to say buddy! I'll pm you when I get to 50 posts. I'm looking forward to seeing your babies under lighting that I can see nodes etc and color of leaves...

You seem to be doing an excellent job so far. My first few grows I made mistakes like over watering etc but I now know how to get the best out of my plants when I am actually growing. I did think you were going to flower under hps but you seem to have changed your mind...

Back
Top Bottom