Big Head - Dead Head OG Heavy Yield!

Yes mcloadie I for sure learned more then I did before, wasnt aware of two types of embolisms.

Its funny jlt, my dogs will lay just like that outside the grow room too.

One of mine just loves smelling green and it kills her that shes not allowed in.

Glad you were able to catch him, talk about lucky

SO came home other day to a very toasty room and was at 84 degrees in both rooms X o

image_1_8.jpeg

Air conditioner is starting to make its keep and kicked that on and droped the temp a bit

image36.jpeg

Now i have almost perfict temp, mabe could be lil warmer but that will happen when i add more lights durring flower.

thinking of adding a dehumidifier because the smart pots that i am using, when ever i water im geting huge spikes up to 71 % normal is 51%, but i want to monitor for next couple days to make sure the A/C doesnt just lvl it out once the feed/water is finished : )

ALSO!!!!!

My clones have finialy started to take some roots and im geting lil white bumps and more! Check it out on my aero bucket thread!
Aeroponic Cloning Bucket - how to

Here is a couple updates on some NEW things i got for my grow! :thumb:

got myself a CO2 bag to help up my CO2 levels in my room. and added a Liquide W-8 to my feeding reguments.

image_37.jpeg

b98.JPG

got tired of my nutes sitting on the back of my toilet so i built myself a shelf to put them on and get them out of the way lol

image_2_5.jpeg

this was just one wipe from the inside of my HID light hood MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN YOUR HOODS, this probly made my lumuns jump after i cleaned the glass so more light can pass through!

image_1_1_.jpeg

my buddy whent to the Pot Expo in Detroit MI and picked up some very hot dirt and some bat guano to add to my feeding. the Dirt i mixed in with my northern lights and im going to mix lil into my deadhead aswhell.

image_210.jpeg
image_19.jpeg

When i added the dirt to the girls i transplanted them into some 10gal smart pots because they started to fill there 3 gals pretty quick : )
photo357.JPG

New thing im adding in is music, read alot of test that show grows going better with Classical music, so i have been pumping some Bach symphony and some Beethoven into my room.

image_1_9.jpeg

And here is a update on the clones after 10 days
image_1_2_.jpeg
image_2_1_.jpeg

Here is last update on the clones and the northern lights on this page, if you want to continue their journey i will link the journal for them soon and it will be in my signature short after.
So the clones in the cloner went nuts pass couple days u could see difference from day to day : ) THERE READY TO MOVE INTO NEW HOME

image_74.jpeg
image_46.jpeg
image_1_2_1.jpeg
image_38.jpeg
image_64.jpeg

Drilled some holes in the bottom of my cups and then filled them up with my mixed soil and planted thos bad girls in them and put them in the veg room. Hoping to come home tonight to see they grown a foot ; p (i wish haha)

photo358.JPG
image_55.jpeg
image_110.jpeg
image_211.jpeg
image38.jpeg

HERE IS LINK TO CONTINUED GROW FOR the ***NOTHERN LIGHTS***
Northern Lights - Building An Army

I just read along boring paper on plant embolisms, it seems that there are two different types of embolizisation in plants, one which occurs inside plants that are being deprived of sufficient water to maintain turgidity, and embolisms that occur when the xylem is interrupted. After the read it appears that these are two differing conditions that must be looked at seperately, as the way they plant deals with each situation is different. Everything in this reality is relevant, and all this info will relate to something we have use for, embolism when making cuttings = bad, how easily this can happen is highly debatable, how easy it can be avoided....easily!:peace:

I think it's the interruption of the Xylem I'm thinking of. I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but I have to defend my assertion that the process at work is more like a siphon effect than osmosis. The water is being pulled up through channels in between the cell structure of the stem. If you get an air bubble into that passage, it will no longer pull up water or nutes. Just like breaking a siphon, and for the same reason. It's the attraction of the water molecules to each other that moves the water up the plant. If you break the chain, it stops working, and you cannot remove the air. McLoadie already mentioned the solution though. You CAN make another cut higher up, ie above the air bubble.

Denots, I hope you don't think I'm just trying to prove you wrong. We're all here to learn, and if I'm wrong, this is a great learning opportunity for me! So far though, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest I'm wrong. I understand where your confusion is coming from. When you are siphoning a liquid with a hose, yes, the output height needs to be lower than the input height. You are using gravity to do this. Gravity is acting on the water, but the water is still being pulled through the pipe the same way. In the plant, it's working against gravity, so a different force is acting on the water. As the plant respires a water molecule, that exerts a 'pull' on the long chain of water molecules leading down to the roots. Same mechanism is moving the water, it's just being driven differently. :Namaste:

I think it's the interruption of the Xylem I'm thinking of. I'm sorry to keep bringing this up, but I have to defend my assertion that the process at work is more like a siphon effect than osmosis. The water is being pulled up through channels in between the cell structure of the stem. If you get an air bubble into that passage, it will no longer pull up water or nutes. Just like breaking a siphon, and for the same reason. It's the attraction of the water molecules to each other that moves the water up the plant. If you break the chain, it stops working, and you cannot remove the air. McLoadie already mentioned the solution though. You CAN make another cut higher up, ie above the air bubble.

Denots, I hope you don't think I'm just trying to prove you wrong. We're all here to learn, and if I'm wrong, this is a great learning opportunity for me! So far though, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest I'm wrong. I understand where your confusion is coming from. When you are siphoning a liquid with a hose, yes, the output height needs to be lower than the input height. You are using gravity to do this. Gravity is acting on the water, but the water is still being pulled through the pipe the same way. In the plant, it's working against gravity, so a different force is acting on the water. As the plant respires a water molecule, that exerts a 'pull' on the long chain of water molecules leading down to the roots. Same mechanism is moving the water, it's just being driven differently. :Namaste:

I think its one of thous things people over think honestly, atlest with aeroponics.

In my video on my cloning post Aeroponic Cloning Bucket - how to
i took long time to put my cutting into the gell and then into the cloner. As long as you make a FRESH cut less then a minute before putting in gel you will be fine. The gel will seal off and the plant can start a siphon, and in saying that idk if 'siphon' is the right word you are looking for because like you said;

"When you are siphoning a liquid with a hose, yes, the output height needs to be lower than the input height."

it is a "Air-Proof Seal" that you want, which would make more sence on what you are trying to explain...... (here is my try at it haha)

So u have a drink with out ice (sealed stem) its easy to suck water up till its all gone.... if you have ice in your cup(not sealed) then when you get to bottom its harder to get all the liquid out of the cup and it has air gapped inbetween it....

^same goes for a plant, if it gets air in the water it stops the sucking and its like the water is stuck in the middle and cant get to the plant for growth.... hope that made sence : )

I think this is a better way to describe what you are trying to say lol but idk if it is a make or break thing, although i will say that it mite/probly will make success rate lil higher.:thumb:

I waited 10 days could have been done it 9 i just wanted some extra growth so they would be fat..

There are two still that have small root growth due to the fact i cut them pretty big x0 (smaller clones get faster root growth) but they are coming around slow but surely lol

Just left the two in the cloner and cut ne trims for the new open holes in bucket :thumb:

I waited 10 days could have been done it 9 i just wanted some extra growth so they would be fat..

There are two still that have small root growth due to the fact i cut them pretty big x0 (smaller clones get faster root growth) but they are coming around slow but surely lol

Just left the two in the cloner and cut ne trims for the new open holes in bucket :thumb:

I checked mine today...NADA!

You use any type of humidity dome?

You use any type of humidity dome?

Nope i didnt either, only thing i would suggest to do is have in your veg room where u have humidity higher already, and then just have a spray bottle and mist them once a day to up the humidity. Easy to do and you dont need heavy lights a small cfl or fluorescent will do the trick : )

Nope i didnt either, only thing i would suggest to do is have in your veg room where u have humidity higher already, and then just have a spray bottle and mist them once a day to up the humidity. Easy to do and you dont need heavy lights a small cfl or fluorescent will do the trick : )

I have a humidifier next to the tub and the Rh is stable at 50%, when I root in soil under a dome it hovers around 75-80%. I keep the room at around 75 degrees F. They are posted under the walgro....LOL....8-2ft single bulb grow lights fastened to a board, they are effective and I even grew a coupla crops under em.......scraggly.......but I got a harvest.

Fans are the shit for sure hahaha. only thing i dont like about fans because it takes up a plug for your lights ; P

but its a necessary evil no doubt lol

im thinking of making a clear plastic dome that i can take off of the bucket and put back on easily. Thinking of using a tomato plant cage and cut it short to fit on the top of the bucket.... if i do ill post on my aerobucket page

Back
Top Bottom