First Indoor Grow With Deadhead OG - Kandy Kush & Tahoe OG

I'm enjoying my Vapir Rise so much I decided to get a portable one for the road. After reading all kinds of reviews I decided on going with...
2014-03-13_18_35_42.jpg

I'm loving it so far. It's so easy to use!
I'm trying to understand the vape thing but all I have ever tried was a cheapo thing and I just didn't get it and the one I tried really didn't work well I don't think but why is it said to be so much better for you than smoking? I'm sorry for the silly questions but I really just don't understand. I also saw on your box a tag for $249.00 is it really that much? If also heard people talking about making butter and such with their vaped material. Why would there be anything left if it had been vaped? Can you enlighten me if you don't mind please????......:circle-of-love:

Vaping is better/easier for/on your lungs, IMHO, that is the main benefit. The smoking process physically destroys the cannabis and releases toxins in the process. Vaping only heats up the cannabis to a point which vaporizes the resins that contain the THC/CBD, leaving the plant material intact. This process does not extract 100% of the compounds and anywhere from 10%-40% can remain depending on how completely the cannabis has been vaped. This is based on the temperature of the vaporizer, the quality of the vaporizer's vaping process, the number and length of hits, and so on. BTW, smoking does not extract 100% of the compounds either, but it leaves nothing left from which the remainder can be extracted.

Good quality vaporizers are much more expensive than bongs/pipes/etc. but like with LEDs they more than pay for themselves over time. I was able to purchase an Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer w/Case and a VaporGenie SS Vaporizer w/Case for under $300. I don't expect I will ever need to replace the Vapor Genie, the Arizer will need replacement at some point in time but with the lifetime warranty on the ceramic heating element and the 3 year warranty on labor and parts, it won't be for while.

I'm trying to understand the vape thing but all I have ever tried was a cheapo thing and I just didn't get it and the one I tried really didn't work well I don't think but why is it said to be so much better for you than smoking? I'm sorry for the silly questions but I really just don't understand. I also saw on your box a tag for $249.00 is it really that much? If also heard people talking about making butter and such with their vaped material. Why would there be anything left if it had been vaped? Can you enlighten me if you don't mind please????......:circle-of-love:

The first time I tried a vape was after a Christmas party where there was a lot of drinks so it was a little hard to know exactly how good it worked. ;) Then I decided to try it myself and bought the Vapir Rise for home use. We both loved it after the first try. The draws are much smoother, don't cough nearly as much (actually it's odd if I do cough), and it tastes so much cleaner. Also the high is a little different, it's kinda hard to explain...

From what I understand the main advantage of vaping is that you don't get a lot of the other toxic compounds created in the burning process. When you vape you're just extracting the compounds you want and leaving all the nasty plant matter behind.

And yeah, the Pax is one of the more expensive portable vaporizers coming in at $249. There are other cheaper brands out there but from what I've been reading about vape's is that you get what you pay for. The Pax is so convenient, there are only 4 parts, the mouthpiece, the part that holds the material in, the screen, and the main body. Fill it up, put the cover on the chamber, pop up the mouthpiece to turn it on and within a minute it's ready to go. And then to clean it only requires a little rubbing alcohol and a pipe-cleaner. A lot of people on the web seem to say it's like the iPhone of the vape world. And the best part... 10 year warranty.

Not only is it possible to leave some compounds (THC, CBD) in the plant material, but there are also a couple other cannaboids that are not vaporized at the normal vaping temperatures. I do a lot of baking anyway... Having extra material to bake with is not a problem at all for me! LOL

And many thanks for all the compliments everyone! I'm thinking I'm just going to relax for the rest of this month and get caught up on some of the other grow journals I've been following. I also have a trip planned at the end of the month so I don't want to have to worry about plants while I'm gone. I can't wait to get the next grow started early May. :thumb:

Vaping is better/easier for/on your lungs, IMHO, that is the main benefit. The smoking process physically destroys the cannabis and releases toxins in the process. Vaping only heats up the cannabis to a point which vaporizes the resins that contain the THC/CBD, leaving the plant material intact. This process does not extract 100% of the compounds and anywhere from 10%-40% can remain depending on how completely the cannabis has been vaped. This is based on the temperature of the vaporizer, the quality of the vaporizer's vaping process, the number and length of hits, and so on. BTW, smoking does not extract 100% of the compounds either, but it leaves nothing left from which the remainder can be extracted.

Good quality vaporizers are much more expensive than bongs/pipes/etc. but like with LEDs they more than pay for themselves over time. I was able to purchase an Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer w/Case and a VaporGenie SS Vaporizer w/Case for under $300. I don't expect I will ever need to replace the Vapor Genie, the Arizer will need replacement at some point in time but with the lifetime warranty on the ceramic heating element and the 3 year warranty on labor and parts, it won't be for while.
Thank you so much for the info.....:circle-of-love:
The first time I tried a vape was after a Christmas party where there was a lot of drinks so it was a little hard to know exactly how good it worked. ;) Then I decided to try it myself and bought the Vapir Rise for home use. We both loved it after the first try. The draws are much smoother, don't cough nearly as much (actually it's odd if I do cough), and it tastes so much cleaner. Also the high is a little different, it's kinda hard to explain...

From what I understand the main advantage of vaping is that you don't get a lot of the other toxic compounds created in the burning process. When you vape you're just extracting the compounds you want and leaving all the nasty plant matter behind.

And yeah, the Pax is one of the more expensive portable vaporizers coming in at $249. There are other cheaper brands out there but from what I've been reading about vape's is that you get what you pay for. The Pax is so convenient, there are only 4 parts, the mouthpiece, the part that holds the material in, the screen, and the main body. Fill it up, put the cover on the chamber, pop up the mouthpiece to turn it on and within a minute it's ready to go. And then to clean it only requires a little rubbing alcohol and a pipe-cleaner. A lot of people on the web seem to say it's like the iPhone of the vape world. And the best part... 10 year warranty.

Not only is it possible to leave some compounds (THC, CBD) in the plant material, but there are also a couple other cannaboids that are not vaporized at the normal vaping temperatures. I do a lot of baking anyway... Having extra material to bake with is not a problem at all for me! LOL
Thank you. Guess it's just one more thing I am going to put on my wish list......:circle-of-love:
And many thanks for all the compliments everyone! I'm thinking I'm just going to relax for the rest of this month and get caught up on some of the other grow journals I've been following. I also have a trip planned at the end of the month so I don't want to have to worry about plants while I'm gone. I can't wait to get the next grow started early May. :thumb:
:popcorn:

yea dennise its called ABV I used to use it to make cooking oil when I didn't grow I saved all my ABV
for cooking you need more its not as good as it was but it does work
and its already decarbed lol

Wow, I didn't realize it's been so long since I updated this. Sorry everyone, my job's been kinda' crazy and I'm also involved in another competitive sport/hobby and it's getting to be the busy time of the year with that too. It almost seems like if I'm not traveling for work I'm traveling for something else. I'll be busy this weekend getting ready to fly out of town on another trip this week... LOL

As it's been so crazy lately I had to scratch the idea of cloning the Tahoe. I just wasn't able to do anything. But I have some new seeds on the way... Some more Deadhead OG, Black Water, AK-47, and Lemon Kush. I still haven't decided if I'll be going with 2 or 3 plants on my next grow yet but I will be starting it when I get back from my next trip.

The plants from the last grow have cured VERY nicely. I really couldn't be happier with the way things turned out on my first grow. There are a few improvements and changes I'll be making on my next grow. I know I need to get the circulation better and hopefully figure out a way to deal with the humidity. Although I may not need to worry about the humidity as much as we're heading into our dry season out here.

The Deadhead OG is my favorite out of the grow. I wasn't exactly sure what everyone meant when they kept saying Dank. OK... Now I know exactly what you mean. There's just no other way to describe it. LOL It like a really dense piney, earthy, type of flavor. It tastes great in a pipe, water pipe, papers, but my favorite in in the vape. A great upliftng type of a high, great for the day, probably because it's a 60/40 Sativa/Indica.

The Tahoe OG is great too and has one heck of a punch, but... It gives me incredible munchies! I've been smoking weed since 1977 and I have never had anything that has given me the munchies like this. I mean it's almost a painful type of hunger but everything does taste soooooo good. It's great for my partner who is on a lot of medications that just kill his appetite, for me who is using it mainly for pain relief from nerve damage and trying to watch my weight not so much. ;)

And the Kandy Kush is oh so lemony sweet tasting. Being primarily Indica this is great for night time when you want to just lay back relax and watch a movie. :)

Hopefully by the time I get back from my trip the rest of the supplies will have arrived and I'll be able to start the next grow right away! Catch you all soon.

Thanks! Will do! Now that I got confirmation that the new bag grow pots are on their way I'm going to start getting the room prepped. I managed to get a variety of seeds, I think they were having a sale or something!!! :)

I think the next grow is going to be a Deadhead OG, Auto AK-49, and ?. I haven't decided on the 3rd plant yet.
When I ordered the seeds I ordered Deadhead OG, AK-47, and also Blackwater OG.
I ended up getting for free... Auto AK-49, Cheese Bomb, Pineapple Chunk, and The Doctor.

I never tried an Auto so I'm going to need to read up a little more before I really decide on which ones I'm going with next.

some autos get a decent size to them a lot of them are just midgets :rofl:
LOL! Yeah... These Auto AK-49 say they only get 30-50 grams per plant, but total grow time is only 9 weeks. I'm thinking I can put in some of the bigger yielding plants and one of the Auto's. This way I can get the Auto done quick, pull it out, and then have the extra space needed for the last 4-5 weeks of the regular two high-yielding plants.

I still need to read about the lighting requirements to see if my idea might work. I'm still unpacking from my last trip so I haven't had a chance to do much else yet. LOL

The only thing I would do better with them is get better circulation. After drying I did discover some mold on one of the bigger buds. Fortunately it was only one spot so it must have been just starting. I harvested at just the right time. After finding it on that one bud I looked at every one under a micro-scope and didn't find any more. :)

I cut mine down when I saw some amber here and there. It was a little tough to tell how everything looked under the LED. Now that I had a chance to see it after harvest and drying I would have went for a higher amber ratio. There was still a lot of clear trichomes, more than I would have liked. But now I know what to look for next time. LOL

The only thing I would do better with them is get better circulation. After drying I did discover some mold on one of the bigger buds. Fortunately it was only one spot so it must have been just starting. I harvested at just the right time. After finding it on that one bud I looked at every one under a micro-scope and didn't find any more. :)

I cut mine down when I saw some amber here and there. It was a little tough to tell how everything looked under the LED. Now that I had a chance to see it after harvest and drying I would have went for a higher amber ratio. There was still a lot of clear trichomes, more than I would have liked. But now I know what to look for next time. LOL

Sorry if I missed it in your journal but what was the exact numbers of days Tahoe spent in the flowering cycle, and what was your total yield per plant on that Tahoe?

I had it in 12/12 for 89 days and ended up with 157.56 grams from one plant. :thumb:

Thanks IslandDog, that's defiantly a motivator. hopefully i can come close to your yield per plant. I am on day 42 of the 12/12 cycle, I was going for 70 days, but after you tell me this i might want to look at my trichomes and let them tell me when i should cut them down. I appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom