BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

Weekend Update:

Not much to share this week. Pretty much all the girls look exactly like they did last week. Blueberry Auto, Stress Killer, and Gorilla Glue Auto have stooped growing height and are concentrating on making buds. The clones of the Royal Highness seem to still be alive, as are the trimmed branches from last week. I’m just going to keep the branches in water for a while and see if anybody roots. I don’t really need more clones than the four I’ve potted up, but I hate throwing away 30 potential clones after trimming.

I’m really impressed with the Stress Killer by Royal Queen Seeds. She’s dense and every colas is backed from top to bottom with buds. She has a very citrusy smell when touched, maybe a bit like lime. She’s also very dark green and healthy looking. I took some pics with the flash on just to get some sparkle, and boy does she light up with frost!
7588F8D5-0B4D-42A9-AC9D-51B57051E9F2.jpeg
8630EEB0-B0F0-4FD5-B07A-656D880F7986.jpeg

Fan leaves are yellowing on the Canuck Seeds Blueberry auto. I’m not worried, just keeping on powering through the next few weeks. I think she just may want to be a heavy feeder and is pulling from her fans a bit early. Rest of the plant looks great. I may do a mid-week feed for her for the rest of her run, just to see if it helps add bulk.
21195605-47D6-4E85-A17D-0960BD576066.jpeg

Checked trichomes and I am firmly in my harvest window: Cloudy with a touch of amber. Unfortunately, the Roommate has been home ill this past two weekends, and I can’t harvest with him home. He knows, but I try to be discreet, and harvesting is stinky work. Typicallly I’ll do it over two days. Day one is cutting, washing, and trimming. day two is in the dehydrator so I can jar up. I like to process fast, so a quick dry with the dehydrator, and then into jars with boveda for curing. Works for me, and it keeps it quick and reduced odor.

So, just some quick pics. Keep in mind that these are at the end of their life, so they are starting to look a little raggedy.

Canuck Seeds Blueberry Auto:
85312DC4-03F0-4F12-A62D-3557EDD59458.jpeg

Royal Queen seeds Stress Killer:
38A114BD-9241-47F6-8D61-568C50BDD75A.jpeg

Fast Buds Gorilla Glue:
AA56BF6D-C354-4F62-810D-8AAE4054FFAE.jpeg

Next week will be harvest pics.

Also, two out of four cuttings of Royal Highness have survived to become clones. I potted up six more cuttings that have been in water for the past couple of weeks. No roots on them, but they all have those white warty bumps of proto-roots, so I think most of them will root out and become clones.

Just gave Royal Highness another haircut, so have tons of cuttings that will go into water as back ups.

Final harvest totals: wet weight

Canuck Blueberry auto: 248g
Royal Queen Seeds Stress Killer: 315g
Fast Buds Gorilla Glue: 282g

All of these were very wet for harvest, since they had been washed, and the Blueberry and the Stress Killer bagged and refrigerated overnight until I could finish trimming them.

I estimate about 20-25% of the wet weight,
So I’m going to say about two each dry for the Gorilla Glue and the Blueberry, and three ounces for the Stress Killer. Stress Killer has much denser buds, so figure the final weight will be greater percentage than the other two of the wet weight.

Here’s my guess on final weights:
Canuck Blueberry auto: 56-62g
Royal Queen Seeds Stress Killer: 78g-90g
Fast Buds Gorilla Glue: 60-70g

I’m my world, in practical terms, this translates to about seven quart jars. That works.

I may have overdone it on the trim for oil. Five cups of trim into 5 1/4 cup of coconut oil. Going to let it go overnight in a 200F oven to infuse. Should be fine.

(1.2L volume of trim to 1.25L of oil.)

Didn’t weigh it because it was after decarbing and was bone dry.

F9C59704-D10F-4DAC-BD9F-82B94ACA6D6D.jpeg

Now that the excitement of harvest is over, it’s on to the next batch.

I’ve got the Royal Highness mother and clones still going. Of the clones, I have two of the first cutting that have taken off and are up potted into the black trashcans. I also have eight sad sticks of other clones. I think a couple may make it, they just need to start growing.

High Bear! :ciao: Nice to catch up in here finally and see you had lots of beautiful colas to harvest recently. Woohoo! They all looked pretty good. Those long thin spears are pretty - Stress Killer eh? Sounds interesting. Have you tried it yet?

Also, i thought of you when i saw that TheMaddDabber has a new thread about making you own vape cartridges. He’s been in the extractions industry for quite a while now so expect he has some great stuff to share w us and I figured it’s right in your wheelhouse. If you haven’t seen it already, it’s here

Hope all things are otherwise going well for you! :ganjamon: I harvested a Bubba Hash recently which is by far the best indica I’ve ever had ... tasty too mostly Kush I think. Me like kush!
:passitleft:

Thanks for the link Amy! I’ve been bad about checking up in here.

I’ll definitely check that thread out. Vape juice is still one of my goals. Haven’t quite hit it yet.

I tried a taster of the Stress Killer, it was very low key. I imagine it would be a good daytime medicine. The blossoms grew very close to the stems and very tight and dense. And it stayed so small, I didn’t do much other than top it, didn’t have to super crop at all.

Strain/Chemovar: RQS Royal Highness
Medium: Perlite/coco hempy
Nutrients: Alaska Natural Grow, Alaska Natural Micros, and Botanicare Cal-Mag

Looks like I’ve got some nitrogen deficiency going on. The only change is that I opened a new bottle of my organic “grow” nutes at the end of the last batch of autos. Looks like it may not be as good as the previous bottle. Same brand, but they are organic, so it could be that this batch just isn’t as bioavailable as the last batch.

Doubled the amount that I normally feed and will see if that makes a difference. Also added a multi nutrient mix and some cal-mag. I may have to go buy another bottle of grow, probably won’t be organic, but I’m not as concerned about that part. Running Alaska Naturals Grow and Bloom for this last couple of runs because it was available at Wal-Mart, and I was able to pick up quite a few bottle on clearance when they stopped selling it. My thought is they finally figured out they were selling cannabis food in non-legal states and so they discontinued it.

Here are some pics:
3ED5946F-D2AD-4B97-AFBC-CE7A6D86798A.jpeg

Leaf off the Royal Highness mother.

97BCEB13-EB19-4365-9566-67D905DAB2FB.jpeg

Baby clones are still mostly alive. Looks like I have lost one up front and may have to cull one in the back. Just need the four surviving ones to take off and really start growing. Fixing the nitrogen problem will help there.

F2C5D313-595C-4D94-9494-55EC37256F86.jpeg

Older clones also looking chlorotic as well.

Not a lot of other changes going on. Just a tent full of one type of photo. I’m not as excited about that as when I have autos. But we’ll see how it goes. Probably looking at around Valentines Day for harvest.

Got a monoculture of RQS Royal Highness going on in the tent. Eight plants at three different stages: mother, two older clones, and five young clones.

I’m hoping I’ve turned a corner with the yellowing - I did a massive defoliation of the dead and almost dead leaves tonight. I’m hoping that new growth will be healthier going forward. I may do a trim this weekend on the mother and see if I can get a new batch of leaves.
497EE6FE-FEF3-4770-856A-094504C6B8D2.jpeg

The older clones aren’t as bad, they seem to be recovering well. They are also going to get chopped back a bit this weekend.
B19301E6-0DAC-4204-846A-9D4D05DB4357.jpeg

And finally the clone babies have finally started to take off. They will be transplanted to their wastebasket hempy pots this weekend. Looks like I’ll have seven clones. Too many, but I can’t bear to cull any at this point. I’m a softy.
84AC9F56-3689-47DB-A41B-3E2127A57E05.jpeg

Attachments

• FF1C08EF-72F7-4734-8A9C-2BBBB86D4BAE.jpeg
    FF1C08EF-72F7-4734-8A9C-2BBBB86D4BAE.jpeg
    920.1 KB · Views: 59
  • E69B7F0E-7226-4E16-9DE1-089FE13828D0.jpeg
    E69B7F0E-7226-4E16-9DE1-089FE13828D0.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 60
Missed a few weekend updates.

Not a whole heck of a lot to report, other than I think my nitrogen problem is under control. Turns out that my nutrients had settled at the bottom of the bottle and so I wasn’t really feeding full strength. I threw some Osomocote+ in the bottom of the pots and have started feeding MegaCrop.

Oh, and I’ve flipped to bloom. There’s that to report too. So, I may have harvest by Valentine’s Day or a bit later.

I decided not to save the mother from this batch, and am going to bloom her with the clones. I have more seeds for this strain, and if it turns out totally amazing, I’ll try again. I have quite a lot of photo seeds, and a lot of autos to get through, so decided to bloom everything and then start fresh.

So, pics:
8F6C2CCE-B4F8-41AE-B55F-3F22A4AE0213.jpeg

This is the clone side. You can tell the two in the top left are older and filled out more. The babies are a little sparse, but they’ve still got a while to grow.

6B5080AC-62CD-4D5F-969D-407B55E93EE0.jpeg

This is the mother. She’s going to be a problem to keep under control. I’ll go in severely severely thin her this weekend or next. I imagine a lot of supercropping will be in my future. Lol

Trimmed up the plants over the weekend. Took a lot off the mother, since I’m going to bloom her and she needed to be opened up. Trimmed the older clones too. The younger clones should be fine.

Didn’t color correct, so they look more yellow than in real life.
4079B050-B3C0-4A61-9F4C-2D78EB9CF5F7.jpeg
CF6671B9-E0A1-4138-AE49-8682B6CDEF29.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom