BigBearNTX Perpetual Auto Grow

The plants are looking healthy! Just got back from seven days in the road for holiday travel and the girls were fine. I turned my exhaust fan down to keep the humidity up, working to keep the pots from getting too dry while I was gone. Worked great.

Still don’t like this strain I’m growing. I don’t know if I just got a weird phenotype or what, but it still has scraggly sprawling growth and weak stems. I used a pipe cleaner on the plants to keep the scraggly together and keep them a little more upright. We’ll see how it goes.

Once these are done I’m going to run nine autos at once, I think. :)

Been a bit MIA from the forums, but I’m still around.

Got a full tent of RQS Royal Highness and I’m in the boring stage where I’m in bloom, but nothing much else going on for the next month at least.

The plants have been thriving on MegaCrop, and so I’m considering investing in a larger bag and switching for good. Haven’t even had to supplement with micros or cal-mag. I’ll keep an eye on them as they finish and adjust as needed, but all looks good.

Still not thrilled with this strain. I may grow out another seed and see if it acts the same - lanky and weak stemmed. It could be that I’m growing a bad phenotype or a mutant. If the next seed behaves the same way, I’ll probably cull it, unless the effect of this strain tell me this is “The One”. It’s just too much bother.

I’ve been neglecting the tent something awful. I’m just so bored by this strain.

Decided to cull the old mother plant, she’s been droopy and stringy and weird. Pulled it out, checked trichomes just in case, and found her to be ready to harvest. It’s all larfy bud, so the whole plant is just getting made into oil. Chop and right into the oven for decarbing.

C0006A17-5C39-4EDD-A569-A80E9D277F23.jpeg

The other plants are looking better, but still not happy with this run. The whole crop is probably going to be for oil. I don’t I’ll have much decent bud for smoking. I’ll save a little just for texting out the high, bit overall I’m just not impressed.

Hey 420, it’s been a minute.

Today is harvest day for RQS Royal Highness. I’m not even checking trichomes, I’m just tearing them down. They should be fine, but this harvest is such a mess, I just want it cut and out of the tent.

Maybe I got a bad phenotype, but this strain is not for me. Weak stemmed, needs support, just not like I like them. And as a consequence they were neglected a bit, and so I’m sure they didn’t produce to their potential because I just didn’t want to put the effort into it.

It’s all getting cut, decarbed and infused into oil. I may keep a tiny bit of bud, but just the very best buds.

I lied, I did attempt to do one pic of trichomes. It came out blurry and I didn’t really want to spend the effort into doing more. I can make out some cloudy and amber, so it’s done. And if it wasn’t, it would be fine anyway because I’m tired of it.

on the plus side, I did get some purple color, but I think that’s due to the cold weather we’ve had lately and neglect. Lol
AFA1D49D-BCD4-4C6E-91F0-FE77745F00D7.jpeg

A54B720E-ED58-48EA-911A-5536F0223BB4.jpeg

Onwards and upwards! Next batch is soaking: three Fastbuds Gorrilla Glue Auto and three RQS Stress Killer. I’m gonna try to make pollen again, I think. We’ll see how that goes. Lol

Pic of the girls:
8CFCE3FF-807A-4EF2-A695-E41E6C746C7B.jpeg

Cruising among. Stunted the girls on the left a bit by not transplanting them fast enough, but I think they will recover. If not, oh well, I have more seeds. I’m going to start one to two more on the first of the month. Want to get back to staggered harvests of autos.

Three of these are RQS Stress Killer and two are Fast Buds Gorilla Glue. Don’t know which are which at the moment, but they have very different growth patterns, so I’ll figure it out as they mature.

Hi there Bear :ciao: I haven’t droppped in here for sooo long. I had a crazy fire-filled summer so have just gone from one apocalyptic/dystopian event to another.

Sending all good vibes to you. I’m sure are very much more intense at work for you atm. I’m really glad to see that your garden in still rolling along and keeping you well supplied with all things cannabis!

:passitleft:
:Namaste:

Thanks Amy! That last crop bored me to tears and so I lost the habit of doing updates and checking grow journals like I should. Thanks for checking in.

and yes, things are a bit crazy. I’m off work this week, just in time for everything locally to shutdown. Not a lot of fun activities for this staycation, I’m afraid.

Keeping myself stocked with medicine is easy, I’m a lightweight. I wish my friends had the same tolerance level as I do. Lol

So, been forgetting to update, sorry about that. It’s been a weird time and I’ve been a bit distracted. And the plants have been a bit neglected. Okay, a lot neglected.

First mistake was not getting them transplanted quick enough out of their first cup. I normally do this after the second sent of true leaves or there about.

Second mistake was forgetting to top them.

Third mistake was neglect and not keeping to my water/feeding schedule.

Now, that said, I cannot stress how much I am impressed with Fast Buds genetics. I’ve got three Gorilla Glue Autos going, and even with all the mistakes this run, these little plants wants to make multiple fat colas. I’ll get an okay amount out of them, but maybe only 1/4 of their potential had I taken better care of them.

I’ve also got two Stress Killer by RQS. They produced very well the last time I ran them. I’ve got one plant that is doing okay and will give me an okay amount; but the other is just trash. All my fault, not the fault of the seeds.

Dropped more seeds, three GG#4 Autos by Expert Seeds, two Lemon AK Auto by Fast Buds, and one Blueberry Auto by Canuck Seeds.

Here are pics of what I’ve got growing. Warning: it’s a sad sight. Lol. I also didn’t color correct, so the light is yellow.

The two Stress Killers. The top photo is the trash one. Hardly any bud development at all. Lower one is decent
356E5D00-CA43-4202-976E-B66E1D1FCBBD.jpeg

53CDBD8A-08DA-4712-9E2A-DCEAF100BDB8.jpeg

The three Gorilla Glue. Fat and chunky. They really could have been something.
DF0D093B-0F64-456D-AAB4-8C1BC9F6CDEE.jpeg
E961D8C8-6637-4DB5-BEA4-8738A17BDEDE.jpeg
088A2411-D6DD-4C2C-959B-72A879318817.jpeg

Hi Bear :) Well that’s a whole different take on “fall colours” isnt it? :D

Okay, a lot neglected.
self awareness is a beautiful thing! :laughtwo:
Seriously tho’ - its a testament to something that you’re going to get some decent buddage it seems. I hope the next run engages you a bit more. Sounds like the interest in Fast Buds gear might be a new spark for you. I went a bit ‘flat’ after having to bin my entire summer crop b/c of mould (a white fuzzy webby mould on the surface of flowers, randomly all over every plant - combination of bad weather conditions and a crazy season of bushfires etc). I’m past that sadness now tho and it wasnt like it was a hard decision r anything, no decision at all really. It wasnt botrytis or Powdery mildew so you dont want to dabble with the other types of mould! I’m about to drop seeds for my indoor run - I’ll drop you a line here when I do (if I remember! I’m high right now so I make you no promises :ganjamon: ).

Happy to hear you’re good for your own med supply. I foresee that your next run will be hitting it out of the park!
:meditate:
:passitleft:

Hi Amy!

I suppose it’s nice that I’m at the point of growing where I don’t have to post “ZOMG, what am I doing wrong?!” I know exactly what went wrong, and I know what works. I just didn’t do it. Lol

not to say that I don’t run into “what am I doing wrong “ moments still. :p

Harvested and jarred four out of the five in the last batch. Got four jars, so about 100-120g after it finishes drying. The fifth plant is going right into oil, I think it’s not worth jarring and curing. It’s trash.

Five out of the six new plants are doing well! About time to top and then transplant them. The sixth one is a runt and will be culled. Two weeks old and still hasn’t developed true leaves. Five plants will do me fine.

Three GG#4 Auto, one Fast Buds Lemon AK Auto, and one Canuck Blueberry Auto. The runt is a FB Lemon AK Auto. It happens, not going to worry about it.

Wow, it’s been a month since the last update. Sorry about that. Been busy with life and work stuff. Nothing dramatic other than all this [waves vaguely].

Group shot. Still haven’t removed the bad plant from the last grow. Need to do that one of these days.
49CF7EBF-1C9F-4FC7-952C-85D56356E710.jpeg

Canuck Blueberry Auto wanted time grow a bit too tall for my tenT and so got super cropped. Lanky, but should give a bit of bud.

C9800D2A-5557-49B4-B062-739A385A80F6.jpeg

21CD5D7C-DE41-484C-8228-67B31933CA9B.jpeg

Lower left is Fast Buds Lemon AK. The others are GG#4 Autos

A2B1EF79-B9C7-4673-88EB-FB5F57D0B46C.jpeg

3684A335-C7E9-4B57-B014-282C4B3C2864.jpeg

Pretty happy with this run. I should be able to fill up some jars and get back on track with my stash. Two crappy runs in a row really killed my stock on the shelf. At least for bud. Still have tons of oil. And I need to run some tincture one of these days, I’m running low on that.

Back
Top Bottom