BigIrishDoode Memorial Seed Giveaway

When you are little you look up to people who know about things that you do not. BigIrishDoode was someone I listened to in my decision to find out for myself about the value of cannabis as medicine. I did not know until today he passed. His information changed my view about cannabis. If it were not for people like BigIrishDoode I would still be in the dark like so many still are. I am thankful for all of his effort to help others understand.:love:

B.I.D. (Big Guy) was always quick to say hi and answer any questions that this rookie had. There are a lot of people here that call BigIrishDoode a close friend and one of them should have his seeds so the can grow in his honor. I wasn't sure who I was going to buy my first seeds from but, I do now. You guys rock Herbie's!!!!

Thanks Herbies :thumb: This gesture makes me happy that I chose you to purchase my genetics last year. I'll also be using your site for future seed purchases :Namaste:

What to say about BID...

Like Xlr8 said in his memorial, "to know him, was to be his friend." That's very true. I consider BID a friend. Part of our connection is surely that we both live(d) in AZ. There were 3-4 AZ growers that I really got to know when I first joined :420: Like others have said, BID's personality was larger than life. Even when life would test him, his spirit never wavered.

What I loved most about BID was his DIY spirit. Often, we read a newer growers having a problem with their grow, and while there is a solution, the commercial offerings are often expensive. BID was always there is a DIY/budget solution. Maybe it wasn't so much an affinity for DIY stuff and just his self sufficient nature. That's probably another part of why I feel such a tie to the man. We're very alike in that way.

A story...
I think the story that stands out to me most involves BID and his high brix coco. I remember that, after discussing his Brix readings in others' threads, he decided to stop posting his readings. He didn't want to upset anyone on the forums he loved so much. He and I talked a lot in PMs, and I encouraged him to keep posting his Brix results. This just demonstrates how much he cared about everyone and this community. I miss my friend. :(

I miss you my friend :rip: :Namaste:

props to Herbie's ,

I've bought from the Herbie's in the near past & have been really 100% +
But Now , this a huge step up to a stand UP company , I will choose Herbie's 1st
the right people do the right things I support that !

:tommy:

Thanks Herbies :thumb: This gesture makes me happy that I chose you to purchase my genetics last year. I'll also be using your site for future seed purchases :Namaste:

What to say about BID...

Like Xlr8 said in his memorial, "to know him, was to be his friend." That's very true. I consider BID a friend. Part of our connection is surely that we both live(d) in AZ. There were 3-4 AZ growers that I really got to know when I first joined :420: Like others have said, BID's personality was larger than life. Even when life would test him, his spirit never wavered.

What I loved most about BID was his DIY spirit. Often, we read a newer growers having a problem with their grow, and while there is a solution, the commercial offerings are often expensive. BID was always there is a DIY/budget solution. Maybe it wasn't so much an affinity for DIY stuff and just his self sufficient nature. That's probably another part of why I feel such a tie to the man. We're very alike in that way.

A story...
I think the story that stands out to me most involves BID and his high brix coco. I remember that, after discussing his Brix readings in others' threads, he decided to stop posting his readings. He didn't want to upset anyone on the forums he loved so much. He and I talked a lot in PMs, and I encouraged him to keep posting his Brix results. This just demonstrates how much he cared about everyone and this community. I miss my friend. :(

I miss you my friend :rip: :Namaste:

LOL, they were jelly that he got higher readings.....LOLOL....he talked to me about it also..........I would have liked to do an outdoor run with him........

I'm reluctant to put my story into written form, only because I don't think words can express the thoughts adequately. Having said that, maybe this will help some of those that didn't know him understand him a little better. Seth and I had gotten to know each other outside of this great site also. We goofed off on PS3 (Sirdeth did his best to make my weak-sauce COD skills better...didn't work, but he tried...lol).

I smoked cannabis in the 70's and 80's like it was my job (some would have said back then it WAS my job), and I learned how to grow outside guerrilla-style. Fast-forward 35 years and now I have a son and a grandson both with epilepsy. Neither are in mortal danger from the seizures alone, but when my daughter called me crying about her son's seizures and asking me in tears "what can I do", guess who I turned to? Yep, Seth. He said without skipping a beat, "WE" will fix that. I was blown away. That was the most emphatic and positive thing anyone had said to me about it to that point. Not doctors, nor family. My family is conservative and I still keep my cannabis use on the DL for them if for no other reason, but when I told them (my family) it may take a year, but we would find a way to fix it through cannabis, even my family embraced it. It's funny how some things don't matter until it's YOU it affects.

I know others here knew him better and longer, but even knowing him for only a year or so, it felt like we were pretty good friends.

For a disabled guy on a fixed income, he sure did have a big giving heart. I only wish I could have gotten to know him even better. That's all.

Gov

This is the winning post. It was really difficult to pick a "winner". All the love and comments made shows how much this guy was respected here at 420Mag. We want to thank you all for your comments and taking time to like or read this thread.

Can you please email us advertising@herbies-seeds.com to arrange delivery of your purp seeds.

We have also selected 2 other posts that we thought were worthy of a mention. Light Addict and Hiker. We would like to offer you guys a t-shirt each (if you want one!) Please email if you do.

Thanks all
Herbies

Herbies...
:allgood:
You Rock!

Wow! I'm humbled and excited. I saw this msg this morning and I got this lump in my throat. Thank you so much Herbie's! I hope I can do even 1 of those gems justice.

We are going to do a group journal using these blue strains, along with many growing Blue Dream. The plant BID loved best according to Spliffy.

So in January, the group journal where the photos will go, etc. will be in one place for a memorial journal grow.

Back
Top Bottom