Black Diamond Perfect Sun

No good. I gave up after initial problems and bought a different light. His loss as I’m building to have multiple rooms to fill 2 different 24/24foot spaces and was going to possible fill with all Black diamond lights to replace my hps but for now my search continues. My first 2 mars light is still running just fine after 2-3 years.
Neil should be focusing on current customers as much as he is his sales. As current customers are the biggest and best advertising you can have and word of mouth spreads awful quick.

We have 2 mars we Have been running for a few years with no problem also. We are ramping up our recreational grow and we’re thinking about purchasing additional lights,probably the cob version though, but with no customer service we can’t make that kind of investment for multiple rooms.

All this is a little scary to me. I saved up for a long time to get the PS COB and just got it the other day. I hope I don't have any problems with the light. That's one reason I went with higher end lights, cause I expect them to last a couple years anyway. I guess if you could get good customer service and get parts mailed right away it wouldn't be as much of a problem but if you have to wait a month for parts like Dark did then that would be a major problem, especially if you didn't have a good backup. Idk I hope mine doesn't give any problems. Are they any one out there that has run these lights for an extended time without any problems, just wondering?..️

The light works good, and I know people get busy. But ! Has anyone tried to solder new leds onto the board? Or is that just asking for more trouble?

The light works good, and I know people get busy. But ! Has anyone tried to solder new leds onto the board? Or is that just asking for more trouble?

I have done it. I did it to my Mars300. Change the spectrum by replacing factory diodes with 4000K and a few Fullspectrum diodes, then put lenses on them, much like Neil. Its a badass light, awesome Veg spectrum. Big leafs, thick stems. Flowers good too, but didnt get thru the entire flower, got black mold on stems from lack of air and high humidity.

So, back to the soldering, FK, i hated it.. If i ever do it again, Im going to go the heatless solder glue route, lol.. Probably reason why it only half works now. But other then that, easy peasey..

I had someone interested in buying 4 Goliaths. Dude had questions, emailed Neil, took like 2 weeks to get back to him, Lost money because the dude got tired of waiting for simple answers.

Only thing special with PS is the spectrum, and that again, isnt really jaw dropping to me, anyways.

I have done it. I did it to my Mars300. Change the spectrum by replacing factory diodes with 4000K and a few Fullspectrum diodes, then put lenses on them, much like Neil. Its a badass light, awesome Veg spectrum. Big leafs, thick stems. Flowers good too, but didnt get thru the entire flower, got black mold on stems from lack of air and high humidity.

So, back to the soldering, FK, i hated it.. If i ever do it again, Im going to go the heatless solder glue route, lol.. Probably reason why it only half works now. But other then that, easy peasey..

Thanks for the info ! What and where did you get the leds that you used to replace the burned out ones.

Thanks for the info ! What and where did you get the leds that you used to replace the burned out ones.

The Zon or ebay, just make sure you get the same watt diode, and use thermo paste. Not sure what the PS boards are like. Mars is pretty easy tho.

The Zon or ebay, just make sure you get the same watt diode, and use thermo paste. Not sure what the PS boards are like. Mars is pretty easy tho.

The ps boards and lights are easy to work on. If you have any knowledge of soldiering then you will be good. When my light broke Neil was either going to send replacement boards or a kit to replace leds by themselves. I ended up getting new pcb boards in the end.

and just so you know, Neil lives in Oregon, and the lights are shipped from Cali. so, he doesnt manually put the orders in the mail. Not sure the rest, as far as him, personally dispatching orders from a warehouse, or friend, I dont know.

lol, im not going to lie, the thought of him swapping out lights for HIDs for video purposes hasnt crossed my mind.

and just so you know, Neil lives in Oregon, and the lights are shipped from Cali. so, he doesnt manually put the orders in the mail. Not sure the rest, as far as him, personally dispatching orders from a warehouse, or friend, I dont know.

lol, im not going to lie, the thought of him swapping out lights for HIDs for video purposes hasnt crossed my mind.

My replacement boards where shipped from China or somewhere like that.

I'm gonna go with a diy timber cob on my next purchase or a diy QB. I'm starting to understand lighting a little better and you are better off building your own, you can build yourself a setup and get even coverage across whole canopy. ..️

Just received another email with the option to send in for repair or send me some boards or individual leds, looks like he's coming through ,the light works good,so it will be nice to have at full strength again.

Surprise in the mail today. I received my second PS Mini in no time flat after ordering on Tuesday afternoon.
54051485840_FF9B6424-C6FF-42CB-9322-4B959AE5527A.JPG

Here's my set up for the moment. I didn't raise or change the distance since what I'm really trying to do is add coverage on the side and in the corners. I did take PAR reading, and they are awesome. Will post in my own thread about the PS Mini.

Back
Top Bottom