BlueBerry Feminized Auto Flower First Time Closet Grow

Well I will not water again for a few days see what happens Here are some pics of the ladys tonight!
new_grow_4_001.JPG

new_grow_4_002.JPG

new_grow_4_003.JPG

I will keep posting pics of the ladys every day hope the start to perk up!:passitleft:

So her are the ladys tonight they are 4 days old!
Do they look like the need water or closer to the light??????? Thanks for the help!
new_grow_1-23_002.JPG

new_grow_1-23_001.JPG

with my experience thus far i like to have my seedlings and clones underneath something a little less powerful than an hid. It seems to be more likely to stretch your plants out at a young age due to their sensitivity. I use a 4foot fluorescent ballast with 1 40w warm and 1 40w cool white, to help prevent stretching and future problems co-insiding with stretching, you can keep these lights 2 inches away and move them as the plants need. Also some smaller cfls would work, keep in mind you would only need to do this for 2 weeks at the most before switching to your metal halide.

I keep my mh about 12-18 inches away from the tops of my plants. This may also help you save some money buying expensive metal halide bulbs every 3 crops or so and only have to replace your hps bulbs :)

I have a little soil tester, bought it at lowes $10, it tests light ph and moisture.
To me the light setting is useless and the ph probably is not extraordinarily accurate by any means but it definitely gives you a good idea of how wet your soil is down by them roots. I mean you can pull it off without it, but i say a good rule of thumb is to watch your soil, after the top drys out, give it another 2 days or so before watering again, with larger pots you may even want to wait more time say 3-5 days.

To really produce great roots you have to let them seek out the water, at the same time being sure not to deprive them of anything.

Looking great! They look perfect to me at this stage. Just curious - how far away is your light?

I've personally never had stretch issues with seedlings using 400w MH. Seedlings stretch when they don't have enough light and are looking for more light. I find that 400w mh is plenty to keep them from needing more. More often, I see people using flouro's and dealing with stretch issues (but don't get me wrong, fluorescent bulbs work very well for seedlings when done correctly).

Seems like you're off to a terrific start. Keep it up!

thanks xlr8 i moved the light to about 30in above them this morning they are 5days old now i also gave them a little drink last night after lights out they seem to be very happy today! temps getting up to 79 humidity around 30!:tokin:

Thanks Blazin, But a little direction would be helpful and appreciated!!! "What do you think i should adjust it too?" The light is as it is 400w mh i can lower it but they have grown from the mh since day one! So i guess that leaves humidity what is your magic number???????? Dont take me the wrong way but i am looking for some guidance that is why i post on here!

Thanks Blazin, But a little direction would be helpful and appreciated!!! "What do you think i should adjust it too?" The light is as it is 400w mh i can lower it but they have grown from the mh since day one! So i guess that leaves humidity what is your magic number???????? Dont take me the wrong way but i am looking for some guidance that is why i post on here!

right on i understand, i personally dont know how close u may want to get your light to them little girls because i put my plants under fluorescent for a good while before i make that transition. However what i can tell you is that when i do go under my metal halides i keep them a little over a foot away, 16-18 inches or so seems to be what i like.

As for humidity i have a really large room with an equally as large air exchange so i keep my cheap meter at about 35% humidity but on the other hand my closet which is obviously a small space with little air exchange. It is tough for me to keep the humidity in the closet above 30% and my plants in there seem to have similar troubles as yours. A helpful solution may be to keep a more consistent and powerful air flow throughout your space.

Id also like to point out that most stretching at your phase and with an autoflower strain can most likely be easily corrected during transplanting by simply burying the stretched out part of your stem right up to its first set of leaves.

Thanks Blazin I hear you now! The lights are at 30in above the tops right now and i will add a pan of water to bring the humidity up to see if that helps them! Keep checking in on me love to hear the advice!!

Your words brought a smile to my face!! I will lower the lights a little more in the morning! I will keep posting pics every night as to the progress!!

Your words brought a smile to my face!! I will lower the lights a little more in the morning! I will keep posting pics every night as to the progress!!

cool check out my journal if u get a chance, ill keep an eye on here i check it daily as well, ill help as much as i can

SO after taking Blazin USA advice of humidity, I added a dish of water in front of the fan and it made the humidity go up and the temp go down a little very happy with the effects!

They look great - you are off to a phenomenal start. I wouldn't mess with things too much with the start you're off to, but the slight tweak you made with the temp/humidity is a good one. (nice suggestion blazin!) I have been doing that lately as well (water in a bowl/fan) as it is really dry where I'm at. They do look really good so far.

Back
Top Bottom