BlueBerry Feminized Auto Flower First Time Closet Grow

Well, that would be my guess. There's only three things a plant needs to live: water, air, & nutrients. It doesn't look like you're overwatering since your soil seems dry and it sounds like you have good ventillation and your temps aren't out of control, so I'm thinking it's something nutrient related. Your plants are now going from seedling stage into veg stage and require more nutrients, which they can now uptake since they now have a developed root system, to support all the new growth they're about to throw out. Don't be afraid to give them a LIGHT dose of nutes and gradually increase to the levels you want to be at. :goodluck:

I'm not a soil grower either, but I think they look fine so far. You're new growth looks good, and it's not uncommon for the first leaves to be a little funky in comparison to the newer stuff this early in the grow. I wouldn't sweat how they look now, but I'd suggest getting some good opinions from soil growers (or reading up) on a feeding/nutrient schedule.

Also, for what it's worth, I'm growing a blueberry fem right now (not auto though) and it's doing the same kind of thing to me. (My other plants look nearly perfect). Actually my blueberry is funkier than yours on the early growth leaves, but I'm not going to worry as long as the new growth continually improves over the old...

Full disclosure - My internet connection is wonky right now, and I can only see about half of your pics (loading really slow). But what I see looks fine to me...

I agree with xlr8. Your girls look fine. I would not start nutes this early on with soil. You should be ok for the first 2-3 weeks. You don't want to burn them. They will tell you if they need to be fed. If you start getting some older leaves start to turn yellow, then you definitely need to start feeding but as I see it right now your girls look good and happy. :slide:

Thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate all the help! I am trying to give the ladys the best possible grow and little things like the leaves freak me out as this is my first grow and have never seen some of these things happen!!! I will not start the nutrients yet, I was hoping to not have to feed them nutrients at all let the soil feed them! But if i do end up giving them some nutrients I have decided on FoxFarm Trio pack Big BLoom Grow Big & Tiger Bloom. Just want to say thanks again I may have done something stupid by now if I have not had everyones advice! :tokin:

Thank you all for the kind words! I really appreciate all the help! I am trying to give the ladys the best possible grow and little things like the leaves freak me out as this is my first grow and have never seen some of these things happen!!! I will not start the nutrients yet, I was hoping to not have to feed them nutrients at all let the soil feed them! But if i do end up giving them some nutrients I have decided on FoxFarm Trio pack Big BLoom Grow Big & Tiger Bloom. Just want to say thanks again I may have done something stupid by now if I have not had everyones advice! :tokin:

I agree with that jane and i dont mean to intrude but i have somewhat of a similar problem with one of my afghan kush plants in my signature, except for the fact that mine is worse. My lower leaves are yellowing pretty rapidly and the new growth is not too keen either.! Any help would be appreciated!

Other than that yours dont look 2 bad by the way, especially if the new growth is nice!

I agree with xlr8. Your girls look fine. I would not start nutes this early on with soil. You should be ok for the first 2-3 weeks. You don't want to burn them. They will tell you if they need to be fed. If you start getting some older leaves start to turn yellow, then you definitely need to start feeding but as I see it right now your girls look good and happy. :slide:

I would definately take Hemp's advice over mine! :adore:

In hydro, we would start after 3-4 sets of new leaves. Apparently this is different for soil.

I would definately take Hemp's advice over mine! :adore:

In hydro, we would start after 3-4 sets of new leaves. Apparently this is different for soil.

You are correct my friend, hydro is very different from soil. When you grow in soil, there is usually enough nutes in soil to last you through veg and maybe even into flowering. Sometimes you just have to supplement with something when there is a deficiency.

With soil grows, the problems usually arise when people overdo it with nutes or don't watch their pH. I rarely see people underfeeding in soil.

I've never grown in hydro myself and I am still very much learning about soil even though I've been gardening for quite some time now. :slide:

I will keep everyone update with pics as things go on! I have to admit I have no way to check or monitor my ph but i am using distilled water to feed!

If you go to any hydro shop they will carry it and they will know what you are talking about. Just follow the directions. If you don't want to buy that, you can always pick up some epsom salts and mix some into your water. However, with the epsom salts, you will need a TDS meter to test your water. (You should buy a TDS meter anyway...they are good to have around. They're on Ebay for around $20 and work fine or you can buy a more expensive one on Amazon or something.) You don't want to overdo it with epsom salts either so be careful.

So the Ladys are 18days old today! they are doing good growing every day! I noticed tonight that there are little white hairs coming out on every lady is this guaranty that they are truly girls? How much longer should I go before switching to 12/12? i want the most out of my plants so dont mind a little extra veg time! But will the auto flower decide itself when it is ready? and if so how can i tell she is ready? Sorry so many questions tonight!
28_011.JPG

28_010.JPG

28_009.JPG

28_013.JPG

28_014.JPG

28_015.JPG

28_0121.JPG

28_017.JPG

28_018.JPG

28_019.JPG

28_020.JPG

28_022.JPG

autoflowers are supposed 2 be able to run 24hr light all the way thru arent they?

My understanding is that they do not need to have a 12/12 light cycle for flowering (autos). I've seen people suggest 20/4 for both veg/bloom - and this seems to be the consensus now as far as I know.

I just realized I owe you an apology FarmerJane - I mentioned earlier in you journal going to 12/12 once they are ready for flowering, and I had apparently momentarily forgotten you were growing Auto-Flower plants. My apologies for the brainfart!!

I would still suggest switching to a HPS bulb once flowering kicks in if possible. It sounds like you are seeing the beginning signs of flowering. If it were me, though I'm not experienced yet with auto-flowers, I'd give it a few days to see if the white hairs keep proliferating and then switch to the HPS bulb.

They should be girls as they were feminized seeds - though there is always a risk that they could decide to go hermaphrodite on you (I'm guessing that happens with autos too??). Usually that risk is a result of stress or problems, and it doesn't seem like you've had many thus far.

I'd go to a 20-4 light cycle, start HPS bulb in about a week if flowering signs continue.

Here's a link to check out regarding auto-flower plants:

autoflower info blog

Thank you xlr8 I did read the attachment and a few other things and I agree that 20/4 will be the best! I will give them another day or so and once they show a little more flower I will switch over to the hps bulb and a 20/4 cycle. Also I have decided not to give the ladys any nutrients just bottled water as they need it! Many people stress that the auto flower fem plants get nut burn real easy and they say the taste is night and day different so I am going to give it a try and keep it simple!

So they are defiantly in flowering!!! I came home today and the room smelled like some dank!! I will continue to use the mh for a few days and then I am going to switch over to the hps and a 20/4 light cycle! Thanks for all the replys and help on long the way it has been very helpful so far! I will get some more pics up tomorrow of the ladys!
:Namaste:

Looking good Farmr!!!

I have read that you should use the MH for the first two weeks of flowering, as it will help keep forming buds nice and tight.

Keep up the good work!!!

:rollit:

Don't know if this is an issue for you FarmerJane, but I've also heard that sticking with MH for the first 7-10 days of flowering reduces stretch during flowering some - keeps the plants a bit shorter. I've tried it, and I would have to honestly say I'm not sure I noticed any difference, but the logic seems sound. Who knows! I don't expect your plants are going to be super tall either based on the strain, etc. so probably not a concern...

When would you switch over? I planed to watch them a little and once more pistols come I was going to switch over! they have been in flower for 2-3 days as far as i can tell they showed the pistols on day 18 and today is day 21. So maybe another few days and then the hps!

When would you switch over? I planed to watch them a little and once more pistols come I was going to switch over! they have been in flower for 2-3 days as far as i can tell they showed the pistols on day 18 and today is day 21. So maybe another few days and then the hps!

Sounds like a great plan - I think the way you're suggesting will work fine. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom