BlueBerry Feminized Auto Flower First Time Closet Grow

Hey Jane plants look awesome I want to try some autos eventually. Sounds like you got growing dialed in now. There is always more to learn but if you can get them to live to flower that is half the battle. From what I've seen mh buds are really lanky and not tight. Hps is way better for flower. But you know that. Your plan sounds perfect. Good job and keep it up.

Thank you IGrowGrass and Joebong for joining the grow!
So Here are the Ladys tonight 23 Days! I will be switching the bulb over to hps tonight and only give them 4 hours of sleep and start 20 hours of light in the morning! Hope they continue to grow good! Thanks for all the replies and good vibes!
23_days_001.JPG

23_days_004.JPG

23_days_002.JPG

23_days_005.JPG

23_days_006.JPG

23_days_009.JPG

23_days_007.JPG

23_days_012.JPG

23_days_014.JPG

23_days_011.JPG

So I switched over to the hps bulb last night and have been fighting with temps all day i cant get the room under 85 gets up to 88 at some points. The ladys look good tho, they are growing still. Does anybody run temps this high? Will this stress them out and cause them to hermi? I am worried about them any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Well I got stoned and just stared at the room for an hour or so and finally the light went off in my head! I moved my fan out side of the room blowing in! The temps went down to 80-to a high of 83! Room humidity went up to 30-35% so this is very good for the little ladys! I just hope yesterdays heat wave does not hurt them! They all look good and are continuing to grow everyday! they are now on 20/4 light a well! Cheers !
:lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke::lot-o-toke:

Hey Jane -

I think you're okay at those temps - especially now that you lowered it some. The higher temps were definitely not ideal, but these plants can tolerate fairly high temperatures as long as they have enough water, humidity, etc.

You could also try turning the fan around and blowing warm air out of the space, but the way you have it may have a second advantage - containing smell to that room a bit.

Gonna get fun now! :high-five:

So day 26 the ladys are doing ok fighting high temps still have to keep the fan on speed 2 to keep below 86. Will too much wind hurt them? They hare very strong stems and are not leaning just leave movment. Also today is day 4 with out watering and I normally water every 3 days but the soil still seems moist how long does every body normally go inbetween watering? Last question will the home made sugar yeast co2 help my ladys at all with all the wind I got going on? Or will it just blow it away before they recive any benifit from it????? Thanks!!

i'm intriged by autoflowers and will some day try some, i wouldnt worry bout to much air but i wouldnt have the fan blowing directly on them either--a little rustling of the leafs will strengthen the stalk and stems not sure if you want that to happen with the short lifespan of an auto tho,
it'd take energy away from budding

So day 26 the ladys are doing ok fighting high temps still have to keep the fan on speed 2 to keep below 86. Will too much wind hurt them? They hare very strong stems and are not leaning just leave movment. Also today is day 4 with out watering and I normally water every 3 days but the soil still seems moist how long does every body normally go inbetween watering? Last question will the home made sugar yeast co2 help my ladys at all with all the wind I got going on? Or will it just blow it away before they recive any benifit from it????? Thanks!!

I agree with wannabgreen - wind/breeze is fine, but better to not have it blowing too aggressively right on the plants (though if high humidity is also an issue it's probably okay to be a bit more direct). Don't know if smell is a concern but as I mentioned earlier you might be able to use the fan to blow the hot air *out* of the room, too. Not sure if it would help enough, but just a thought. I don't do the CO2 thing, but I would guess it wouldn't do much with a lot of air movement. Not my strength though, so maybe someone else can weigh in...

Sorry I have been away! Here are the ladys Day 27. I have not figured out this new light and picture taking, any ideas welcome!
day_27_0101.JPG

day_27_0121.JPG

day_27_0111.JPG

day_27_0131.JPG

day_27_0151.JPG

day_27_0141.JPG

day_27_0161.JPG

day_27_0171.JPG

all around things are looking good jane, i got a couple plants that are doin the same twisty droopy wierdness, i cant quite figure it out

Thanks Blazin! They seem to being getting better from their heat stress! Its just hard to keep the temps down now that the weather is warming up and i am using the hps bulb!

Originally Posted by Farmr Jane
So day 26 the ladys are doing ok fighting high temps still have to keep the fan on speed 2 to keep below 86. Will too much wind hurt them? They hare very strong stems and are not leaning just leave movment. Also today is day 4 with out watering and I normally water every 3 days but the soil still seems moist how long does every body normally go inbetween watering? Last question will the home made sugar yeast co2 help my ladys at all with all the wind I got going on? Or will it just blow it away before they recive any benifit from it????? Thanks

if the homemade co2 is cheap and fairly easy to make i'd do it but with a open grow area i'm not so sure the plants will get much or n e thing from it. if the rooms sealed its usually the best for co2-than with a tank system the co2 comes on when exhaust fan goes off--but with your heat it dont look like you can close it up so unsure bout that--is there any time during the day or night you could close the door but keep the fan on low if on atall and unleash the co2 for awhile(30mins-1hour) without the temps skyrocketing??? than open it back up and continue as you were, untill the next day when you wanted to introduce co2? i myself have only read about co2 and have no actual experiance with it--but it supposedly helps out hot plants and provides a few other pros to its use

Back
Top Bottom