BlueBerry Feminized Auto Flower First Time Closet Grow

I'm with xlr8; they look very healthy and happy! So, humidity (or lack thereof) can cause stretch... This may be why mine have been reaching... I wouldn't fret though. You are off and running, and that is what counts!!

:rollit:

humidity wont make plants stretch but if it is too low it can cause the plants to wilt and or curl and literally stunt plant growth. You stretch by having your lights too far away

humidity wont make plants stretch but if it is too low it can cause the plants to wilt and or curl and literally stunt plant growth. You stretch by having your lights too far away

Agreed. Right on Blazin. I'd just maybe tweak the way you said that a bit: Plants stretch when they don't get enough light. If you have a strong enough bulb it doesn't need to be very close. 400w mh can be 2-3 feet away and still not induce stretching (I've done this many times). 1000w are pretty common and produce unbelievable light (and heat).

FarmerJane - sweet shopping trip - sounds like you'll have an awesome set-up.

Agreed. Right on Blazin. I'd just maybe tweak the way you said that a bit: Plants stretch when they don't get enough light. If you have a strong enough bulb it doesn't need to be very close. 400w mh can be 2-3 feet away and still not induce stretching (I've done this many times). 1000w are pretty common and produce unbelievable light (and heat).

FarmerJane - sweet shopping trip - sounds like you'll have an awesome set-up.

right on like i said before if any stretching does occur u can usually fix it when u transplant

Sorry I have been away for a few days work and life was crazy! Well good and bad news i guess the good first! I transplanted all the ladys with success, bad news temps getting up to 84 getting hot in town and my dog ate one of the ladys!!! He just munched all the leaves clean off the stem. Stem is still standing tall. So i imagine it will die soon F*******************************K !! Here are the ladys before one was eaten! It was the last one in the pics and bottom right corner in the pic!
grow_128_001.JPG

grow_128_002.JPG

grow_128_003.JPG

grow_128_004.JPG

grow_128_005.JPG

RIP LITTLE LADY!!
grow_128_006.JPG

I have a 265 cfm fan exhausting right now. If i exhaust more will temps go down? The outside temp is around 75 today so i think that has alot to do with the problem!

Here are the ladies tonight!!!!
130_001.JPG

130_002.JPG

130_003.JPG

130_004.JPG

SO Hemprocket you think that a/c is the only solution? I just dont want to spend more than a $100 or so more to correct the problem. I have more invested into this already than i wanted to!

Also the Plant the got eaten I now call Stick lady looks to still be alive! The stem is still light greenish on the bottom rest is purple like the rest of the ladys! Wonder if she will make it?

Last thing is a question! The stems on my ladys are very short leaves almost touching soil! IS this going to pose any problems? They have always been this short probably from getting mh from birth!

Thanks to all that entertain my thoughts!!

If they like the temps, maybe you can leave it as is. Up to you. About the short stems...they will grow a lot once you start flowering. You want short plants with thick stems to support all the buds they're going to produce. :)

Good Deal! Thanks HempRocket Temps went down a bit today but I want to be able to close the door and I guess I just may have to leave the door open for this grow!

Green Beard Glad to have you along for the journey all comments and thought are appreciated!! So here are The Ladys Tonight!!! The first lady pictured has her leaves curled under only on the right side? New growth looks good no problem! Why might she do this? Any ideas thoughts?????????
131_002.JPG

131_001.JPG

131_003.JPG

131_004.JPG

131_005.JPG

I added a pic of Stick Lady too!!!

Hey Farmr - your babies look good - not sure why on the curling leaves, but it's pretty normal at this stage/age, and probably not a big deal at all. The short stems are good - no worries there.

Stick lady, is probably toast. I've had that happen once to me, just like that. Didn't do anything for 2 weeks - I dug it up and the roots hadn't progressed either. Still looked alive though!

So here are the ladys at day 15 the new growth looks real good but the old leaves dont all look so good. They look kinda curled up and wimpy? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
24_001.JPG

24_002.JPG

24_003.JPG

24_004.JPG

24_005.JPG

24_006.JPG

24_007.JPG

24_008.JPG

24_009.JPG

24_011.JPG

24_012.JPG

24_010.JPG

No nutrients yet! I am scared to give them the wrong thing or too much. I have read that blueberry is a strain that can be easily over nutriented. What nutrients would you suggest? Would like to use farm fox if i do as to i have good results with their soil!

I'm still a noob and doing hydro, so I'd get take the advice of some of the soil growers, but I hear the Fox Farms OC+ & Big Bloom is supposed to be very good. I do know once they get their 3rd-4th set of new leaves (not counting the cotyledon) you can start them on 1/4 strength veg nutes, if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom