Booboostank's DWC/CFL Stealth Romulan Grow

Lights came on again, I have raised up the lights so I don't burn the leaves like what happened last night, other than that everything was good. I added rolled up wet towels to hopefully help raise the humidity a little bit to help out the plant. There are 3 different roots starting to pop out of the net pot and into the water! :thumb:

MG_4250.JPG

Trying to show the new growth:
MG_4253.JPG

The light burn :(
MG_4255.JPG

Alright guys sorry I haven't been keeping up the journal, I was on a little personal vacation so I her up with a new bucket of water and my roommates monitored her and she took to the new bucket of water very well I would say :morenutes:

Here she is now:
MG_4264.JPG
MG_4265.JPG
MG_4266.JPG
MG_4267.JPG
MG_4268.JPG
MG_4269.JPG
MG_4270.JPG

Here are the roots:
MG_4271.JPG
MG_4273.JPG

She seems to be loving it there is a little burning on the tips but that is minimal, so I may add a little more water to dilute it and hopefully it gets perfected...the ppm has been steady around 650.

looking a lot better. I didn't think she was going to make it.

Thank you! and to be honest with you I almost thought it was time to call it quits and start over but then a weekend later and boom! so much new growth! :thumb:

Also I am thinking of topping it and then lst'ing the branches so I can promote some outward growth instead of vertical growth. Let me know what you think!

Alright so the lights came on tonight and I decided to turn on the other set of lights so now there is a total of 13 lights hitting it! hopefully that is not bad luck haha :Namaste:

I also went out and got some nice string to start tying my baby girl down and hopefully she responds to it well! Then I'm going to bring in a screen of green! :thumb:

I went and check the ppm and ph and the ppm is sitting steady at 620 and then I got the ph dialed in at 5.8

Here are the pics (I went a little camera happy):
MG_4291.JPG
MG_4292.JPG
MG_4293.JPG
MG_4298.JPG
MG_4295.JPG
MG_4297.JPG
MG_4300.JPG
MG_4302.JPG
MG_4284.JPG
MG_4288.JPG
MG_4289.JPG

Also I noticed a little something on the roots so I added a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to prevent this and I will see how it goes and then add more accordingly

DAY 15 of Veg

Hey Guys I know its been two days since a last post but since then it is way better! I have brought in a screen that I am going to use to hold it down! It is basically the width of the box and after 2 days of intense low stress training she is being bent over perfectly and fits under the screen well!

I just changed out the res and I bumped the ppms to 800 and the ph is of course at the consistant 5.8 everytime. I am seriously considering bringing in on one of the new Advanced LED Diamond series lights for flowering! It would help out the buds so much to have an led in there and take out the CFL's

Anyways enough talking now time for the pics:

MG_4306.JPG
MG_4304.JPG
MG_4305.JPG
MG_4307.JPG
MG_4308.JPG
MG_4309.JPG
MG_4310.JPG
MG_4311.JPG

Day 17 of Veg:

I just recently visited a fellow grower and he gave me 3 more 2700k 125 watt cfls, the ppm's are up around 1100 and the plant has been loving the new environment! Here are some of the pics:
MG_4783.JPG
MG_4784.JPG
MG_4785.JPG

And now to the present...
Day 19:
Just two days later and the plant has been looking great! She has literally been blowing up since! The ph and ppm's have been steady. She is drinking so much water everyday. The only bad thing is that I noticed bugs on the roots and its looks like they are eating them. The look like aphids but they are only on the roots. How do I combat them? Can I use neem oil or do I need to get something like botanigard?

Here are the pics:
MG_4786.JPG
MG_4787.JPG
MG_4788.JPG
MG_4789.JPG
MG_4790.JPG

I think you would get more out of those CFLs if you hung them in a more horizontal manner. It's my understanding that the majority of the light comes off the side of the bulb.

either way, looking great

I changed out the res and I flushed the roots with ph correct water and about 200 plus aphids came out and i flushed them down the drain! haha! then I flushed the whole net pot with ph correct water and saw a bunch more come out! This is only a temporary fix until I get to go to the hydro store to kill them permanently.

I changed out the nutes to 900 and this will be the last res change until I switch to flowering sometime later this week probably saturday and im going to use a 24 hour lights-out period to help initiate flowering earlier and switch out the res.

Also I took out the screen cause I noticed it was scratching the inside of one nodes so im probably going to go back to lsting it for flowering! ill have pics up in a second!

Ya man I feel ya, so far they have either been laying low of they are dying off because there are alot less, I still haven't made it to the hydro store yet but I will go, today I dialed in the ph to 5.8 and the nutes are at 1100 ppms. She has been doing great!

She has tops coming out of every where, she is so bushy! I took out one fan leave today to allow for more light to better places! One thing is the roots seems to be turning colors a little and that worries me, could it just be because of the new nutes or is this algae forming everywhere? PLEASE HELP ME

Anyway to the pics:
MG_4883.JPG
MG_4881.JPG
MG_4880.JPG
MG_4879.JPG

Almost as if she will grow a second main cola out of the back ;)
MG_4882.JPG

She looks even better in person :thumb:

Day 22 of Veg and she is going strong! I just flushed and swapped out the nutes and put in flowering nutes for the transition that I am going to make within the next couple of days! :peace:

Right now I am currently trying to stretch her out and get all of the tops exposed! It seems to be reacting very well to that. I took the lights and strapped them together so it exposes more of the sides of the lights and im going to work on building a fixture most likely out of 2x4's!

Ill get pics shortly

Cant wait to see the progress unfold..... still seeing "algae"? could it be discoloration from nutes? From the progress thru veg things are looking great! should be a nice yield! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom