Burmese Kush First Grow

NIce grow man. 200grams is a pretty good harvest for the burmese.

Im currently in week 6.5 of my flower for my burmese kush, its from seed. I vegged for 6 weeks under a 400w MH and now its under 2 400w HPS with fluoros. Check her out, its crazy how different your plant looks from my plant

This is week 4 flower (Dec 11)
entry1.jpg

Picture_318.jpg

Purps5.jpg

Now today its week 6-7

ced172.jpg

ced17.jpg

Im hoping to get close to 2-3 oz's :)

Howd did your burmese smoke????????

Hi GhettyGreen!

Nice of you to take a look at my girls. I have followed your grow all the way. And I used your first journal a lot for my first grow. After looking at the pics your BuKu it made me think maybe one of us have got a different strain. Because they looks so freaking different. Are you 100% sure yours a BurmeseKush? Im about 85% sure about mine. I ordered mine on the phone, but when I met the guy I did not ask again, but I got the 10 seeds in TH.Seeds packet without any strain name(looked like a small book) Or maybe you got from a different seed company? I have read that the TH.Seeds Burmese Kush is a hybrid (BurmeseKush x OG.Kush)

The smoke was amazing. It was strong effect. The smell and the taste I would describe as pine all the way. You could taste it in your moth after smoking a nice joint. A good pain relief smoke. I LOVE IT!!!

Here are the girls today. The big sister turned up against the light again and going strong. Its in 18L bucket now, but I have to veg these plants for 9 more days till after Christmas so I'm going to pick up a 25 or 35L bucket and replant before I go home for vocation.
2010-12-18_14_56_44.jpg

2010-12-18_14_56_53.jpg

2010-12-18_14_57_03.jpg

Burmese- I thought the same thing now about my last grow. I think maybe TH Seeds or one of the breeders maybe mixed up the seeds when packaging. I definitly got the booklet looking package with 10 female burmese kush seeds inside... My only regret is now not having more. My last Burmese grow looked pretty close to your grow now. Big chunky nugs, big yeild....

I need to ask you one crucial question.. What are your temps?

I also grew inside a grow tent last year, I had major issues with heat. Ive come to the conclusion that my last grow was slightly over-nuted and heat stressed. Ive managed to keep my temps below 75 this entire grow, and also I didnt use the grow lab this time just to see what would happen if they were out in the open getting fresh air as opposed to sitting inside a tent getting suffocated..

I believe the Burmese Kush has great potenital... Grown under precise conditions... and as Organic as possible

Yes, the buku is a great plant, and its funny to grow something that not everybody have. Not so many journals to find about the Burmese Kush on the Internet.

My temps now in veg. are between 70-86.

What I have found out is that "While she thrives in high heat conditions, Burmese Kush echibits a vulnerability to powdery mildew of conditions are overly humid or wet."

I would love to have a basement in a house to grow in, but I have to settle for apartment on this grow also, so I have to use a tent. The first grow, they got to tall on me, and came a bit close to the lamp. Also I had read so much about over watering, that I ended up with under watering my plants. And I definite did not get the nutes right for that grow, but I'm more on top of the nutes this time.

My biggest problem growing in the tent is humidity, I had to run a dehumidifier. It will be winter for this flowering season, so I hope for less problem with the humidity. When growing in a apartment I have to be careful with how big extractor fan I can use. If its to big it move to much air in the apartment, and can push the smell out of the apartment, something I DON'T WANT.... lol. Don't want to advertise to the neighbors about the good smoke:) But smell was no problem on the first grow, I did not smell anything before I took them out of the tent to start trimming. But then the smell almost made me sick, it was so freaking strong.

Im also out of BuKu seeds, but Im going to keep cloning them so I never loose it. Im waiting for TH.Seeds to release the "COLD CREEK KUSH" seeds, that will be my next plant to work with. But I still have a long way to go to get the BuKu perfect.

:rollit:

F..k today I found a hermie today. Cut her down right away. It was the second biggest plant on the pictures. I did not see anything on the 2 others, so I hope they are OK.

Did only see one pollen sack on the slut. I'm not sure what could have been the reason for it. I did go from a 1,5L pot to a 18L pot. When I transplanted it the new soil from the new bag was moist from the store, so I only gave it a bit of water in the beginning, so maybe she had to struggle to much for water.
If thats not the reason I blame either LST or light leaking in my tent at nights. I thought that was not so important when she was in veg, I thought that was more a issue when she was in flower. Well this suxs, I really need to get myself some new seeds now. My seeds guy have got a selection from TH Seeds and from DNA, so if anyone have a good suggestion its very welcome:)

Bought a new 10pack with seeds today. Its Rambo/Lambo from Th.Seeds(not femmed seeds:)) Also picked up All-mix from Biobizz, so Im only going to use light-mix for the cutting and seeds from now on. Going to put them in a wet paper towel today.

Specs:

Type 2/3 Sativa 1/3 Indica
Jamaican Haze X Jamaican Purple X Super Afghan
Height 140 cm
Yield 400+ p.s.m.
Flowering Time 55-60 days

2 Lambo seeds is now in paper towels for 24hours. Im going to check on them when 36hours is past. The plan for this two plants is to just sprout them, and veg them until I get back from holiday. Then I will flower all the girls together.

I also have 2 clones from the Burmese Kush in there. This two girls are going to flower in 1,5 L pots.

So in the tent this time when I hit flower I will have:

2 Big plants with LST (Both Burmese Kush)
2 Clones from Burmese Kush
2 small plant from seed Lambo ( Hope both turn out to be female)

Thats it for now. I almost cant find any information about the Lambo/Rambo seeds from TH.Seeds if anyone have experience with this strain I would love to hear about it.
:hookah:

Ok, change of plans.... Its been over 36hours for the 2 seeds in the paper towel. Nothing have happened.

So I put 2 new Rambo seeds directly in soil this time. And I put one more seed in a paper towel.

Hope something show soon. I want to taste the Rambo, I dont want with it for the next flowering.

Is anyone following this thread or what? I feel like Im only typing to myself here now... lol

got some bagseeds today (unknown strain) Put 5 of them in wet papertowels.

So now its:

2 Burmese Kush in 18L Girls
2 Burmese Kush clones in soil Girls
2 Rambo/Lambo in soil germinating unknown sex
3 Rambo/Lambo in wet paper towel germinating unknown sex
5 Unknown bagseeds germinating in wet paper towel unknown sex

I got back home today one hour before the light turned off. I had to water the big BuKu, she was hanging a bit but noting serious, she will pick up in a couple of hours. I got about 3 L into her before the light went off.

All seeds has germinated. So I put them into soil also before the light go off.

In the tent I found 4/5 seeds had germinated, and brake the soil also. I don't have the countdown of whats what, but I will figure it out today when the light come back on.

I think Im going to switch to 12/12 one of these first days now.

Sorry for not having a picture for u today, but I will get one when the light come back on. I did not have the time for taking pictures bec I had to to a lot of work.

Hope u all are having the same good Christmas as I am having :)

:peacetwo:

Here are the pictures I promised

These two are Buku. The biggest one perked up nicely yesterday after I gave her water, but looks sad today. Guess she don't like the small container, so I need to get a bigger one soon. The other one looks like she is having a nice time. Going to start to use some grow nutes on these two next watering.
2010-12-28_16_06_35.jpg

Buku (clone), she was root bound in her small container, and used all nutes in her soil. So I transplanted her yesterday in to all-mix. Guess she is looking better in a week or so.
2010-12-28_16_06_54.jpg

Buku (clone) this girl is trying to build up some roots. I think she is just over 1 week old.
2010-12-28_16_07_13.jpg

These are 5 of 6 Rambo bursting out of the soil. Last one is kind of slow. I think also one Unknown strain (bagseed) is also here.
2010-12-28_16_06_48.jpg

Unknown strain( bagseed) One is showing.
2010-12-28_16_07_05.jpg

This time around I had better results of just putting the seeds straight in the soil. I think it maybe bec I used to cold water on the wet paper towel. The tent is so dirty, so todays work is going to be cleaning, and taping down the white plastic containers.

Happy new year fellow growers!!!!!

Here is a update on my tent. 4 days in flower now. The 3 biggest girls I think will be ok. The plants from seeds and the last clone I think will have a bigger problem, but then agian I seen some journals here with 12/12 from seed. So I just thought I give it a shot.

The two big buku girls
2011-01-01_20_47_33.jpg

The biggest Buku girl started with 1ml/L Biobizz Grow last watering.
2011-01-01_20_47_42.jpg

2011-01-01_20_47_49.jpg

The new seedlings. One have still to show. Its 6 Lambo, the rest is Uknown Strain( the guy I got the seeds from thought it was S.A.G.E or Jack Harrier.
2011-01-01_20_47_57.jpg

This girl is Buku and starting to look better.
2011-01-01_20_48_02.jpg

Buku clone getting roots.
2011-01-01_20_48_12.jpg

:nomo::passitleft:

Thanks for stepping by funnystyle. I have seen your expansion of your grow room(s) NICE:) You are doing awesome buy the pictures I have seen.

My girls are doing good. Its now been 1 week of flowering and I can see the start of some bud coming along. very small, but I can see it starting to develop. And this time its no problem with the hight of the girls. They are all short and nice.
Not so sure about the seeds I grow in 12/12, but I am going to give them a shot.

Next time I will bring some photos of the girls.

Small update. Im coming back with some pictures later when the light come back on.

I did take the plants from seeds and put them in 1,5L pot yesterday before the lights turned off. So I did not have time to take pictures. The roots on the plants from seeds 12/12 did have a very nice roots. Much better then the buku clone who have been rooting for about 14days.
From the plants from seeds I did select the 6 best ones. It was:
5 Rambo
1 Bagseeds.

I killed the rest of them bec I dont have the space for them.

So now in the tent it is
2 BuKu in 18L LST BIG GIRLS
2 BuKu in 1,5L Kind of SOG GIRLS
5 Rambo from seed 1,5L Unknown sex
1 Bagseed from seed 1,5L Unknown sex

11 Days of flower

The girl on the top right side of the picture is a BuKu clone. The rest is Rambo starting from seed 12/12
2011-01-08_20_44_15.jpg

Another picture of the small BuKu clone.
2011-01-08_20_44_22.jpg

BuKu clone. This is the one who looked not so good a couple of weeks ago. She bounced back and showing small bud:)
2011-01-08_20_44_29.jpg

2011-01-08_20_44_43.jpg

2011-01-08_20_44_47.jpg

2011-01-08_20_45_03.jpg

2011-01-08_20_45_10.jpg

This is how far the bud is on the biggest BuKu girl in 18L
2011-01-08_20_44_36.jpg

Not bad for 11 days in flower:)

14 Days of flower:

Sorry about the bad pics, next time I will do it more seriously. I did not turn off the fans today, and all 10 pics was taken in about 1min.

The two big ones is hanging a bit bec of to late to water. I think I have to start watering these girls every other day. The second biggest Buku (most green one) is falling a bit behind the biggest and second smallest Buku's.
The smallest buku have just a small bud, not moving so fast.
The 12/12 from seeds (rambo and bagseed) are moving along, growing but not showing any signs of sex.

My plan is just to keep it up, but water every other day. Guess its a bit to hot. And they are going to get epsom salt in about a week.

2011-01-11_21_10_48.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_09.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_18.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_25.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_30.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_38.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_45.jpg

2011-01-11_21_11_55.jpg

2011-01-11_21_12_09.jpg

2011-01-11_21_12_17.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement OmegaDoom! Kind of looking forward for that too:) Hope I can show some progress since my first grow.

I think when I get my salary this month I will replace my adjustawing with a cooltube. Im struggling a bit with with heat now. When I was about to water the girls today the two big girls was hanging with their leaves again and thats just after 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom