Buysser's Very First Grow - Mars II 1600 Watt Attic Grow Using Growology

AC is in and IN! Looks to be holding temps really good although we haven't tested with the hot days of August but I'm moving forward. Heading to hydro shop to get germination plugs to germinate in soil..
No more excuses.... but I am getting nervous about moving into the next phase..
20140712_134733.jpg

When I germinate seeds I use a matchbox lined with about 320 sandpaper to shake the seeds in for a minute, it scrapes the sides of the seeds to aid in moisture penetrating the seeds shell.

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_001.JPG

Pink_Parvat_Grow_Journal_08-01-2013_-_003.JPG

After having germination issue with Jiffy peat moss pucks and soil I switched to Rapid Rooters and have had much higher germination rates. Rapid Rooters seem to provide the seed with the perfect amount of air and moisture. I soak my seeds in pH adjusted water for 30-36 hours or until i see tap roots. I cut the Rapid Rooter mat into individual squares then I soak the Rapid Rooter squares in pH adjusted water for 15 minutes before use. Then I place the seeds tap root down into the Rapid Rooter square then place them underneath a light with 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. I do not use a humidity dome. I hand water with a syringe each day to keep the Rapid Rooter square moist. when I see roots emerge from the Rapid Rooter square I transplant to 5" pots in a mixture of peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae.

https://generalhydroponics.com Rapid Rooter

https://www.perfectgardens.com gh rapid rooter mat 98

This are coming along real nice!!! keep it up.

Understandable to be nervous but #1 thing i can say about the next step is DONT OVERWATER :)

rapid rooter/root riot plugs are def a great idea for this reason so i second that for sure.

But i pre water my solo cups filled with my soil mix, make a little hole add some myco powder and the seedling then sprinkle water on the top to soak the mycos in and then i dont touch them again for about 7-10 days when they are dried up good and ready for more water, by this time i can always see a couple roots in the holes at the bottom of the cup. but the real good dry out time is imperative for a good root mass. :) just my thought on it....and again DONT OVERWATER(lost many seedlings my self to this):Namaste:

No turning back now. Your grow is off to a start lol. Cool beans and happy growing

You're going to be a wonderful father :)

LOL :biglaugh::biglaugh: This one just made me laugh for what ever reason....this silver kush helped id say :)

great to see some tails popping:bravo:. i germinate in paper towels but i just potted up some bluedream, sweet island skunk and bubble gum last night that all busted shell!!

our grows should progress fairly side by side :)

LOL :biglaugh::biglaugh: This one just made me laugh for what ever reason....this silver kush helped id say :)

great to see some tails popping:bravo:. i germinate in paper towels but i just potted up some bluedream, sweet island skunk and bubble gum last night that all busted shell!!

our grows should progress fairly side by side :)

AWESOME

I think I'm going to give the seeds a few more hours then pop them in a plug in a tray. That way it will have been 2 days in the cup.. All the seeds popped and are showing tips. Simply amazing.. 100% germination so far.

I like the fact that everyone perfers different way to germinate seeds. I use a glass half filled with PH 6.5 water and it just stays on the side in the kitchen and when she pops i put stright into soil and she shows face normally in about 48 hours.

I like the fact that everyone perfers different way to germinate seeds. I use a glass half filled with PH 6.5 water and it just stays on the side in the kitchen and when she pops i put stright into soil and she shows face normally in about 48 hours.

Fingers crossed over here. I just put them in a rapid rooter plug like type of an affair. I put a bit of plug material over them and on a seed mat warmer waiting to kick on lights when they pop. I wasn't sure about the material over the seedling holes but my local store suggested it. Oh.. I soaked them for 15 then squeezed water out. Phase two here we come!!
new96.jpg

Back
Top Bottom