Cal Mag & Silica

Enjoying

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this question but I couldn't find a nutrition section.

Does anyone know of an organic, fast acting cal mag and silica? They don't need to be mixed together, Idk if that even exists. I know they do separately. But I want to make sure it's organic and I'd like to get the information from some one who has used the product.

Thanks!

we all know @Emilya is the girl for this question lol

lol, we all type at the same time

Silica, Recyle-sil
Call/mag , Buildabloom

I remember you telling me about recycle sil. I have actually have it noted in my nute section of my cultivation notes. Idk why I thought it was something you add when recharging the soil (during winter months for example) probs because that was what I was talking about when you mentioned it LOL. I will have to see if I can find it on the 'zon

The build a bloom product could be of interest. My only concern here is that I read on some product site (I think it was one of the many Humboldt nute sites) that you have to be careful what they are using for chelation.

I remember you telling me about recycle sil. I have actually have it noted in my nute section of my cultivation notes. Idk why I thought it was something you add when recharging the soil (during winter months for example) probs because that was what I was talking about when you mentioned it LOL. I will have to see if I can find it on the 'zon

The build a bloom product could be of interest. My only concern here is that I read on some product site (I think it was one of the many Humboldt nute sites) that you have to be careful what they are using for chelation.
It uses Non GMO soy aminos for chelation.
You can also use Coconut water which has Calcium and Magnesium in it among many other things.

I use the young coconuts for their water to drink. Idk if I'd water my plants with it. That'd get expensive quick. I also use Harmless Harvest to drink. Depends what I am making or what I am going for taste wise. Again Idk that the expense would warrant the use. I know there are cheaper brands but is the cooked stuff as useful as the raw. I know we are talking humans and plants here...

As for the chelation soy aminos work for me. I think it was EDTA or something like that, that you want to avoid. Personal prefence thing is probably what it ends up coming down to honestly.

lol, we all type at the same time
You're not kidding
1599175231030.png

But as to the silica and calmag it sounds like the best are already giving you great answers

I use the young coconuts for their water to drink. Idk if I'd water my plants with it. That'd get expensive quick. I also use Harmless Harvest to drink. Depends what I am making or what I am going for taste wise. Again Idk that the expense would warrant the use. I know there are cheaper brands but is the cooked stuff as useful as the raw. I know we are talking humans and plants here...

As for the chelation soy aminos work for me. I think it was EDTA or something like that, that you want to avoid. Personal prefence thing is probably what it ends up coming down to honestly.
I use the freeze dried from Buildasoil.
Not all that expensive, $20 last a couple years for two plants and 2-3 grows a year.

I use the freeze dried from Buildasoil.
Not all that expensive, $20 last a couple years for two plants and 2-3 grows a year.

Ohhh, I thought people were using the actual water you buy in the store. That is why I was like damn, that is expensive!

Ohhh, I thought people were using the actual water you buy in the store. That is why I was like damn, that is expensive!

I have been looking at build a soil in case I am ever interested enough to do it. I may buy some of their products to recharge what I have when the time comes.

I will def keep this dried water in mind, thanks!

It looks like diatomaceous earth can be used as a silica source also. Is this true?
Yes it does contain some silica.
I don't use it for several reasons, one is that my grow is 100% organic so zero pesticides of any kind so I use Rove Beetles to take care of fungus gnats, I also have worms and predator mites all of which can be killed by Diatomaceous Earth.
So for me the 100% organic Silica from rice hulls is the better choice.

I am leaning towards that or TPS Silica Gold. I prefer organic for sure but if I needed it I'd use DE as a pesticide unless of course I was using other bugs that it could affect. Maybe I should look into bugs when I grow in a tent. The problem there is I have cats so if they get out...

Do you know how fast the plant can uptake the rice hulls silica?

I am leaning towards that or TPS Silica Gold. I prefer organic for sure but if I needed it I'd use DE as a pesticide unless of course I was using other bugs that it could affect. Maybe I should look into bugs when I grow in a tent. The problem there is I have cats so if they get out...

Do you know how fast the plant can uptake the rice hulls silica?
Pretty much instant uptake I would think
Completely dissolves in water, and it's 99.9% pure silica.

If you have a proper environment for the bugs they pretty much stay put right in the pot.
I bought Rove Beetles I think it was over 3 years ago, 500 of them, still have Rove Beetles 1000s of them.
They add a decent amount of Chitin to my soil also, they only live about 20 days so there are literally 1000s of them dying in my pot every month.
They also create a lot of insect frass and help break down the soil.

Pretty much instant uptake I would think
Completely dissolves in water, and it's 99.9% pure silica.

If you have a proper environment for the bugs they pretty much stay put right in the pot.
I bought Rove Beetles I think it was over 3 years ago, 500 of them, still have Rove Beetles 1000s of them.
They add a decent amount of Chitin to my soil also, they only live about 20 days so there are literally 1000s of them dying in my pot every month.
They also create a lot of insect frass and help break down the soil.

That looks to be some really healthy dirt! This is an environment I would love to create. I prefer organic everything so I will definitely be in touch with you if I have questions as obviously you do it so should have some great input.

I will be putting my recyl sil order in after I eat! It can only help right now as I have a heat wave coming tomorrow(this is why I was asking about how fast it's ready for the plant). I will also probs be placing an order for a pH pen. Hopefully I can find a good one for cheapish...

Back
Top Bottom