Calidreaming's Bigger Better LED Auto Grow

Right so I closed all inlets apart from the new one pulling from the cold loft and the rooms now 80*

Perfect

But the tents getting the shit suckd out a it so it needs more inlet like my good friend recommended on previous page the inlet from loft will be changed tomorrow to 6"

Unless I can find a happy medium with turning fan speed down that is

try the fan controller and see if I can keep temps down without the tent sucking in too hard cuz in the end it just ends up saving some electricity that way. If not the combo of 6" inlet and possibly crack another vent from the room open just a little, might do it. Just gotta play with it and see. Glad that loft air is working how u expected!

Hey Ricky. Yea been faffing about all day can't find the sweet spot. As we've spoke the air from above is ace at cooling the room just not pulling enough. With the single 1200 it was fine. Iv got a spare 3x3 tent and was talking to the Mrs earlier about just keeping the 4x4 with mars12 and running the 3x3 with the mars7 . I'd end up with more bud undoubtedly 6 in big tent n 4 in the smaller tent but then I'm running two tents and more plants. Part of me wants to be greedy and do it but the sensible side says stick with what Ur doing Ur getting more than u need so make the big tent work and stay on the safe/er side of the law

Hey summer. Ur welcome. I'm happy to share what iv learnt/learning but don't be conned into thinking I'm the expert I'm not lol I learn something here every day too.

So............ today I bought myself 5 meters of 8" ducting and changed out the 4" for 8" intake from the loft. All good. I zipped myself into the tent and could feel an almost air conditioned breeze pouring in through the 8" stepped out and the tents still being suckd in lol so I go back inside and open a 4" vent from bedroom. Tents equalled but now the breeze coming through the 8" is near nill. After some good old reading it would a pear that a degree of negative pressure is desirable anyway so iv sealed up all vents apart from the 8" ducting. It will add to wear of my exhaust fan but even if I need to buy one every other grow it will be worth it to keep temps optimal and smell away. Moment of truth is nie. The tents been sealed with both lights for two hours so in half hour I'm opening it to check tempretures. If it's under 85 at plant hight I'm calling it success and walking the fuk away from it cos it's starting to iritate me now lol.

20151021_110313.jpg
20151021_111739.jpg

Job done yipppeeeeeee
82 at plant hight and 86 up top were the air is drawn to be pulled out that's fantastic for me plus it's on the warm side here today so that's good result. Strangely enough wen I opened tent zip the plant hight temperature rises which tells me everything is working great. Wen tents open air from bedroom is pulled in instead of air through ducting so great I'm very happy very very happy now I'm not opening tent until we water tomorrow lol
20151021_131244.jpg

sometimes I start to get irritated with something in my set up too and I just have to remember, this is my hobby that I enjoy-be calm lol.

Negative pressure is good! As long as it's it is not breaking the frame of the tent or anything it's all good.

Surface area of circle is pi*r*r

If ur venting out a 4 inch hole that is 3.14*2*2=12.56sqin

Your intake is 8 inch diameter

That's 3.14*4*4=50.24 sqin.

So the area of your intake is almost 5 times the exhaust.

Now the thing to check is does the loft have some ventilation into it? If your pulling air out of the loft it needs some way to bring in New air. Cracked window. Vent from another room, cracked open door, etc. If not it will limit how much air you can pull from that room as well.

As far as wear on the fan. Its going to be about negligible . if the fan was going to last four years with zero resistance then with a little resistance maybe it'll die in three years and 11 months. Biggest thing is take it out and blow the dust off the blades every once in a while. The dust builds up and makes it heavier. Less ballanced, and reduces air flow.

Hope ur temps are staying cooler!

Hey bro. We've got vent roof tiles dotted about for airflow to reduce condensation up there so I think I'm good on the air in loft it should circulate well.

Yea that was a concern of mine as my LEDs are quite heavy on tent poles as it is but wen I was zipped in tent and the walls suckd in I can easy press them out with a finger I mean there was no crazy strain on side poles so fingers crossed structure should be good too

The fan and filter is at ceiling hight and iv got the inlet ducting ran to the lower end of tent. First time iv done that but in my fight to reduce temps I realised I didn't want all my nice cool air going strate through my filter without circling

So the final step in temp control was nit time temps. Wen lights are off between 00:00 - 06:00 if it's like 30-40* degrees outside that's pretty much the temp of the air flooding the tent so iv switched my cycle. Lights off now between 12:00 at 18:00 then the tent should be 65-70 lights off. Just checked the room now and it's 87 up top and 80 at plant hight so that's still good and the outside temp is 60. Today the girls will of had 30 hours of light with moving the timer on 12 hours but these are good under 24/7 so not worried. Pleased I can finally quit working about the room at least for now. A few years ago high 80s even 90-95 were the norm for me under hps. I had no exausts fans just a 6" oscillator fan. My rooms were like fan ovens and then I realised the importance of well dialed in airflow and optimum temperature and finally my yields started picking up

Back
Top Bottom