Calidreaming's Bigger Better LED Auto Grow

Ha yea mine tend to fall over too as the soil settles and they don't have a good root system yet. I tend to kind of bury a little of the stem with more soil as it settles in to help stablize those flimsy baby stems. I have a kinda brutal amount of air moving over them too though. Need to get a smaller fan

Dang man! That's cold as hell outside! What part of the globe do u live? In the winter my room gets pretty cold but I don't worry unless it's below 60 in my room. Plants really don't seem to mind. But if ur 67 with lights on I can imagine it would be a tid bit nipply in with lights out.

Cold part of Europe mate

Right now its 13:20 here and lights have been out over a hour. It's 42* outside and 63* in tent so iv sneakly turned the fan off. The house is very well insulated so little heat gets into the loft. So if it's 42 outside the loft may be 50. So the grow room temp would of been sure to fall further...... inside the house is always around 75. When I ran only the m1200 I never had any issues cos the cooling air was was always around 70-75 my problem now is I'm cooling with Wat ever air temperature it is outside. Iv gotta figure this out lol. I can get lights on temp to sit in 80s I'm sure it's that a matter of positioning the ducting in the sweet spot inside the tent so the gap between temps at top n bottom of the tent are closer. It's lights off that's now the worry. Happy days if it's 70* outside. Not so happy if it's 20* lol

Hello Cali! good to see you have a journal going as those little babys are looking good :thumb:. and i also seem to have the same issue with some seedslings just not haveing the stem support they need and pretty much do the same thing just bury the base in a bit of soil to help it stand back up but honestly even if you leave it they will grow up in the long run :Namaste: cant wait for more updates

That is cold brother! It would be a pain maybe, maybe not if ur tent is in the same room I sleep, but just to toss out some ideas, when it's getting too cold just unzip a vent in the tent to let air from the room in and then when it's warm zip it back? Or possibly put the fan controller on the outside of the tent so I can easily turn up or down?

They also make duct dampers to control how much air flies through a specific duct that I've not yet incorporated into my room but would like too.

Hey Ricky I think we got it :)
With were ducting positioned now we've got 81 at top of tent and 80 at plant hight whilst it's 50 outside.
I'm just going to reduce fan speed during lights out, or as u say open a vent from bedroom to pull warmer air, I'd thought of buying the thermostat were the fan goes off under a certain temperature but that would fuk my smell control up in a few week
At least now lights out is between 12 and 6 daytime so it's easy to keep an eye on temps and tinker.

Arellano hey nice to have u over here, yea man me and seedlings have a love hate relationship most the time I hate them lol clones are an option but not for autos, and I'm a auto guy now just can't beat them in some respects especially the super strains like these think different or auto magnums the yields there the potency there all in 10/11 weeks it's a no brained for me, I see u like autos is it all u do or do photos too?

Hey Ricky I think we got it :)
With were ducting positioned now we've got 81 at top of tent and 80 at plant hight whilst it's 50 outside.
I'm just going to reduce fan speed during lights out, or as u say open a vent from bedroom to pull warmer air, I'd thought of buying the thermostat were the fan goes off under a certain temperature but that would fuk my smell control up in a few week
At least now lights out is between 12 and 6 daytime so it's easy to keep an eye on temps and tinker.

Arellano hey nice to have u over here, yea man me and seedlings have a love hate relationship most the time I hate them lol clones are an option but not for autos, and I'm a auto guy now just can't beat them in some respects especially the super strains like these think different or auto magnums the yields there the potency there all in 10/11 weeks it's a no brained for me, I see u like autos is it all u do or do photos too?

my current grow is actually my first with auto's and i do like them, i really feel there is a place for them with certain spaces but i prefer the control i have over photo period plants. i like the fact that i can clone when i find a good pheno as well as i dont have to risk the auto flowering to early or late if i have a certain space or quantity i wanted. youll find whats best for you man :Namaste:

Agreed. What I like about auto's is that you can move them around at anytime without disrupting their light cycle which is very handy...

Hey sol yea man and another thing I love about these well at least this strain is how the side branches 6 or 8 on each almost catch up to the main top creating a canopy of bud without any training at training at all.
My thoughts on auto's are very old school. There only my thoughts though and peeps can grow how they please but I'm a.... feed em n leave em guy. No training twisting topping tieing I believe these do better left alone In perfect conditions

Yes the fact that you can't really train auto's makes them even better in the sense that they remain a 'plug n play' type of cannabis where you plant them & feed them until the end. I don't think they even like much watering...compared to photo's they seem to drink less at least in my experience.

I think I have a similar attitude to growing, ideally I would just let them do their thing without much interference...except of course providing the best possible environment to strive in. I don't really have the time or inclination to spend hours with LST for example...a bit of fimmimg is quick enough so that's alright. I supercropped all the plants in my current grow & I doubt i'll do it again, besides all the branches eventually stood up straight again so there was no point in the first place lol!
:Namaste:

i also enjoy the fact that you dont have to do as much to auto's (although i do LST) and like you said light cycle doesnt matter much so you can have them in your liveing room or bedroom with out having to worrie about light leaks or anything. the vid was awesome man always love being able to see a good view of the garden :thumb:

Thanks man I get tounge tied in my vids and forget what I was going to talk about lol
I really like u r vids too, u must either live in a super good naighbourhood and be legal or just have balls of steal, I wish I could show myself properly in videos but it's fear that people could see me from were I live and burgal my grow whilst I'm not home that stops me doing that.

Yea lst of autos I'm just scared to touch them lol iv seen good grows were lst has worked awsome and toppings too turning out great, but Iv also seen auto grows were the plants have fought back and stayed 6" tall till harvest lol so I'm just scared to try it with only growing 6 I don't think it's worth me taking the chance. Don't fix what's not broken (for me)
But I do love seeing others concour an auto with training :)

Thanks man I get tounge tied in my vids and forget what I was going to talk about lol
I really like u r vids too, u must either live in a super good naighbourhood and be legal or just have balls of steal, I wish I could show myself properly in videos but it's fear that people could see me from were I live and burgal my grow whilst I'm not home that stops me doing that.

Yea lst of autos I'm just scared to touch them lol iv seen good grows were lst has worked awsome and toppings too turning out great, but Iv also seen auto grows were the plants have fought back and stayed 6" tall till harvest lol so I'm just scared to try it with only growing 6 I don't think it's worth me taking the chance. Don't fix what's not broken (for me)
But I do love seeing others concour an auto with training :)

no worries man, what works for me may not work for you and i look forward to seeing how your grow goes :thumb: i hate anyone telling ppl how the best way to grow is because there are too many X factors that we cant account for. and i do live in Colorado so i can grow legally :circle-of-love: i love this state and feel like one of the luckiest ppl in the world to be where i am right now :Namaste:

Yea man its not cool when ppl try to press there style on others but this place is awsome lots of good ppl willing to share styles and variations it's like mecca to a grower I love it here and it's more sociable than when I was here first time in 2010 lol I was the new kid n peeps were so dismissive it was sad but now this place is totally awsome

Collorado dammmmm u lucky fekker lol I bet colorado got a lot happier wen they passed legalisation I heard the income generated has gave the place a new lease of life

Thank you Ricky yes it does, sometimes Piks can make something look real good or real bad but with video it does give a overall reliable look at the grow stay tuned more will follow

Jaga old buddy old pal how the devil are u. Thank you also about the video and grow. I really feel a Lil uncomfortable talking about my girls on video as said before I get tongue tied and forget what I planned to say lol but I like doing youtube vids and I will get better at them lol

Back
Top Bottom