Calling all Quantum Board Gurus

Personally I've never seen any light that beats these when it comes to efficient and even coverage.

20200930_181310.jpg

The businesses that sell lighting products on Internet forums... 19 out of 20 will give the customer a "package deal" when the customer is trying to purchase 24 products at one time. Some of them will probably have some sort of "auto-discount" routine coded into their website's shopping experience. Which is okay - if the customer is lazy and is only buying two or three products ;) .

Figure out which brand / model of lights you want to use, then contact a company representative, either by telephone or email, and ask them what kind of discount they will give you if you purchase n lights at once. You'll probably get a better deal that way than using the website to m the purchase. If you aren't happy with the reply you get, you can always figure out what your second choice is, and repeat the process.

Wouldn't surprise me if the discount is enough that you get one (or more) of those lights for free.

Even businesses like Home Depot have volume pricing programs. . . .

I hear ya TS! Problem is I been pinching every penny i can, saving for months just to get enough light for 1 table. Hopefully the revenue from the 1 added table will allow me to buy lighting for the other 3 at once. Also it will be nice to do a side by side to the Hps with same clones, same environment before putting all my eggs in 1 basket.

I will definitely check them out. What I noticed with the mars lights I researched was that compared to the Rspec qb's that there was far less around that 620nm range. Maybe I'm overthinking this or just missing something! With Budget I was looking at series2 lights, now the series3.....now i see a new one called the demon! Damn LED market is like cell phones, something newer n better almost every day.

Hey. Responded to your dm.

Yea the demon is our next one coming in November. It will be a nice, very efficient light. We are also making some great supplemental pucks too.

And these diffuse lights spread the pattern more broadly.

Not really a plus in an open room environment. For the core of each table, yes - if the gardener is going to choose fixed-wattage lights, that'd be a good thing. But "broad, spread pattern" means more of the light-energy he'll be paying for each month... will be lighting the walkway, walls, etc.

And yes before anyone asks we have a linear board light in the works or what people call strip lights. Again, our sister brand is focusing on efficiency and quality in the light. I am hoping we will have it our before year end but it needs to pass my internal test runs and independent lab tests first!

Yes we have a sister brand we recently launched, Elevated Lighting Company. Same ownership just a different focus. Thanks @multiVortex for the mention.

Not really a plus in an open room environment. For the core of each table, yes - if the gardener is going to choose fixed-wattage lights, that'd be a good thing. But "broad, spread pattern" means more of the light-energy he'll be paying for each month... will be lighting the walkway, walls, etc.

But you can ring the edges of the table with them to cover the sides, and they don't allow much leaf shadowing because there are hundreds of sources. The footprint doesn't see the blank spots between panels either- just a big blur of light -so once you've covered the edges, the middle just gets brighter as you fill it in. You could even tilt the outside panels towards the table. You could do that with single point sources like hps or COBs too, but they're so high power that it's impractical.

I've thought that if I had a big room with multiple tables, I might hang a curtain of white plastic between them, for reflection. :hmmmm:

Thankyou everyone for the input! I will be going with Budget and the series 3 rspec.

Good choice. I've been running Red spectrum in with 3K for many years now. You wont be disappointed.

39w/sf you're in the CO2 range. As mentioned 30w/sf is good enough. I'm right around 30w/sf and its stretching the limits. You gotta make SURE you're watering is sufficient.

I cant stress that enough. You let the plants dry out with that much lighting and watch the herm show happen.

Fans are a requirement and never enough air movement.

But you can ring the edges of the table with them to cover the sides, and they don't allow much leaf shadowing because there are hundreds of sources. The footprint doesn't see the blank spots between panels either- just a big blur of light -so once you've covered the edges, the middle just gets brighter as you fill it in. You could even tilt the outside panels towards the table. You could do that with single point sources like hps or COBs too, but they're so high power that it's impractical.

There's no law against using more than one product model (or brand, or even type of lighting technology) to get exactly the coverage / spectral output / amount of light-energy per unit of area you want.

Yes, virtual third-light effect is a thing. Every light source's output drops off gradually instead of abruptly, so arranging one's setup so that two different light source's "drop off" area occupy the same space can mean there's enough photons hitting plants in that area for those plants to do well.

People have hung/mounted HIDs in just about every conceivable orientation, everything from 70-watt up to 1,000-watt (1,500-watt HPS never really caught on, because they weren't all that efficient, IIRC), in various combinations. Vertical grows, stadium grows, three-dimensional SCROG grows... Big HPS in the center overhead, small MH in each corner... Heath Robinson was a med grower who tried several different setups (and was successful at all of them). I remember one of his multiple-vertical HID grows produced something like 2.6 or 2.7 grams per watt years ago. Now people are spending lots of money on "this year's best" LED setups - and hoping to get the same yield per watt that he was getting with old-school HID lighting ten years ago :rolleyes: .

There's no law against using more than one product model (or brand, or even type of lighting technology) to get exactly the coverage / spectral output / amount of light-energy per unit of area you want.

Yes, virtual third-light effect is a thing. Every light source's output drops off gradually instead of abruptly, so arranging one's setup so that two different light source's "drop off" area occupy the same space can mean there's enough photons hitting plants in that area for those plants to do well.

People have hung/mounted HIDs in just about every conceivable orientation, everything from 70-watt up to 1,000-watt (1,500-watt HPS never really caught on, because they weren't all that efficient, IIRC), in various combinations. Vertical grows, stadium grows, three-dimensional SCROG grows... Big HPS in the center overhead, small MH in each corner... Heath Robinson was a med grower who tried several different setups (and was successful at all of them). I remember one of his multiple-vertical HID grows produced something like 2.6 or 2.7 grams per watt years ago. Now people are spending lots of money on "this year's best" LED setups - and hoping to get the same yield per watt that he was getting with old-school HID lighting ten years ago :rolleyes: .

I understand ya 100%. Im trying to look at long term though. In 2 years the amount saved in just replacing bulbs, qb will pay for itself right there. Then electrical, cooling. Once i can run a table under qb with clones next to a table with HPS with same clones, get a final weight, get thc and terpenes tested.....then i will be sold! HMMMMM, a lab tested side by side grow would probably be beneficial for a company!

Anything near 2g/w is in a special class. You gotta know you're shit specially with LED.

Be like growing 8 plants in a 5x10 @ 10 zips per plant dried trimmed. I haven't seen it done yet with LED.

I can grow 1 or 2 plants out of 8 that size maybe, but its a VERY tight fit at that size so shit gonna happen and it's very difficult to see the shit hitting the fan until very late to do anything.

Most of the time I'm just glad to hit the finish line with out shit happening.

a lab tested side by side grow would probably be beneficial for a company!

Assuming the company's product is better than that which it is compared to. Sadly, most of the "comparisons" I've seen were done in the same space, even when the things being compared were grow lights (and, when used in the same space, a grow light test is automatically invalid).

You gotta know you're shit

Yes. Strain/phenotype, nutrients, et cetera. Can't just throw a bunch of random variables together and expect them to land the grower in "Master Gardener" territory. Heath knew what he was doing, and knew what he was doing it with. Even his "bad" grows seemed to be 1.6 grams per watt or greater, lol. Guy had insane skills, that's for sure. Some of his multi-bulb grows, he'd run certain bulbs at certain times; he was always trying to figure out what worked best for a given setup, and what setup worked best, et cetera.

:rofl:... :thumb: .

Anything near 2g/w is in a special class. You gotta know you're shit specially with LED.

Be like growing 8 plants in a 5x10 @ 10 zips per plant dried trimmed. I haven't seen it done yet with LED.

I can grow 1 or 2 plants out of 8 that size maybe, but its a VERY tight fit at that size so shit gonna happen and it's very difficult to see the shit hitting the fan until very late to do anything.

I hear what your saying. Im not claiming to be the best but I am damn good n consistent. If I can hit 1.35 or better im a happy camper!

Hey. Responded to your dm.

Yea the demon is our next one coming in November. It will be a nice, very efficient light. We are also making some great supplemental pucks too.

I really, really didn’t need to read this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thankyou everyone for the input! I will be going with Budget and the series 3 rspec.

You’ll love em. They are fantastic lights.

I hear what your saying. Im not claiming to be the best but I am damn good n consistent. If I can hit 1.35 or better im a happy camper!

I hit 2.1 last spring with a pair of the series2 rspec. I’d love to take credit for it, but it was just one of those fluke deals. :laugh: One plant went nuts and was almost 18oz on her own.

I really, really didn’t need to read this. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You’ll love em. They are fantastic lights.

I hit 2.1 last spring with a pair of the series2 rspec. I’d love to take credit for it, but it was just one of those fluke deals. :laugh: One plant went nuts and was almost 18oz on her own.
Lol.

That plant to mention was a site to see. I am glad to report, 2.0 grams a watt is possible and we have had it reported numerous times. The average is right around 1.35. The main factors we have noticed is grower skill level and genetics.

Every once in a while can get up to 2gm/watt but that's an individual plant I've never gotten the whole room even close to that.

A room average say 10 plants, celebrate when its +1gm/watt.
Also I will chop 45-50 days.

The plants I've gotten 2gm/watt are the long running sativa that go over 100 days. They just never stop growing out grow my space it height and width.

I'm in soil nothing but water anymore.

Lol.

That plant to mention was a site to see. I am glad to report, 2.0 grams a watt is possible and we have had it reported numerous times. The average is right around 1.35. The main factors we have noticed is grower skill level and genetics.

Remember that one, do ya :rofl:

She was something else. Right genes, right time. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My other averages from the other two runs under those lights have been closer to 1.5+/-, but still extremely good and no complaints whatsoever.

That was a painful purchase! Good deal but still painful! Sounds like i will have the lights before i put my next crop in. I will go ahead and do a comparison grow in my journal below. My journals been dead for a minute but this will be a great way to fire it back up. If anyone is interested in following along please feel free to, link is listed below. I will keep the experiment as close as i can to an experiment. Obviously without going crazy on it there is going to be some light pollution from one table to the other. I can keep the environment, nutrients and plants the same though. Thanks again for everybodies help!

Back
Top Bottom