nutrient - calmag plus, florablend, hydroguard, fish emulsion + seaweed
water ph - 6.5
run off ph - 6.4-6.7
INDOOR
400W HPS - Magnetic ballast
temp 25-38 deg cel
humdiidity - 30-70

INSHORT :-
So to sum up 4-5 days light off (don't know may be less may be more) was away 8day and ballast malfunctioned
new ballast installed but somehow it overpower the light and heat.
the plant didn't like the light and got bleached up...
now how can i save

DETAILED : -
So i had a good start and good going but due to some very important task
recently there was an emergency and i can't monitor the grow room...
the grow room was on its own for 8 days ( i fed them before going)
when i came back to my surprise the HPS was off on ON time... so i checked the ballast and some of it parts melted and burned...there was no fire (photo below)..
so i thought to replace the ballast and see if light turn on.. so i purchased similar ballast (but other company)..
when i installed it it worked.. but it was too bright ! still i thought this might normal for new ballast...
in about 3 hrs the leafs started bleaching out.. in around 12 hr the speed got completely bleached... i raised the light like 1 ft or more
you can see few photos of before and after...the lights...
also i changed the ballast again with low amp (the powerfull one was 4amp and new one is 2amps)
I don't think i can get them back on track or can i ?
I flushed the medium a little...with 6.5 water
The before and after are 48hr before and after 48hrs..

Smoked Ballast
online_ballast.jpg

BEFORE BUT AFTER 4-8 DAYS DARK PERIOD

+SPEED (AUTO)
before_speed.jpg

BLUE MAMMOTH (AUTO)
before_mammoth.JPG

AFTER 48HRS IN NEW BALLAST 400W
+SPEED (AUTO)
after_speed.JPG

BLUE MAMMOTH (AUTO)
after_mammoth3.JPG
after_mammoth2.JPG
after_mammoth.JPG

can i save them ?

You could bring them back but starting over will be better easyer and will provide you with a good harvest sooner...

So what i would do is make some space in your room for new plants and maybe take the best looking once you have now and see were it goas and if the bleeched plants dont pick up take them out and fill the space with the plants that you have started

You could bring them back but starting over will be better easyer and will provide you with a good harvest sooner...

So what i would do is make some space in your room for new plants and maybe take the best looking once you have now and see were it goas �� and if the bleeched plants dont pick up take them out and fill the space with the plants that you have started ��

But how to save them ?

By watering with light feed and giving them some time. But sinds these are auto's you could better toss them and start again...

I actually lost hope ! :(
This is my second failure.

But still i willl nourish them for week or 2
Regarding new grow... not possible as the climate is changing rapidly to hot and temperate.
It was cold so i started them for making cancer cure oil...
2 years and again failed.... it is lots of time to even reconsider growing again :(
I had very good going you can see and i was at the verge of winning but alas...

If you ever going to grow again i sugest you get some regular seeds or fem seeds sinds you could fix them easy and theye can handel more especialy stabal strains like norther lights or white widow or super skunk. These strains are easy to grow and will produce big harvest even wen the conditions are not optimal...

The problem with the auto plants is that if you fuck up its much harder to fix or even impossible.

So please don't quit yet get some nice fem seeds and start them I hope this helps and I think its verry said your grow went south... But there is a lot to lurn.

I fuckt up my first 3 grows as well
I did not know shit and found this site after becoming pritty good at the growing game so don't give up you can do it

I know you can

you have to consider the positive things. You have a nice new light and the previous one did not burn down your house or kill you. That is something to be thankful for. Even if it is the warm season coming for you , you can still grow just keep the light much higher. Quality won't be the same but you can still learn a lot and harvest some bud. Or you could switch to an LED light for less heat. There are marshydro 130 real watt lights on sale for about 60 dollars right now on a famous auction site. One of those would grow a nice top quality plant.

Just don't give up. Its all a process of learning. You can start a grow journal on this site and many people will come just to help you succeed!

If you ever going to grow again i sugest you get some regular seeds or fem seeds sinds you could fix them easy and theye can handel more especialy stabal strains like norther lights or white widow or super skunk. These strains are easy to grow and will produce big harvest even wen the conditions are not optimal...

The problem with the auto plants is that if you fuck up its much harder to fix or even impossible.

So please don't quit yet get some nice fem seeds and start them �� I hope this helps and I think its verry said your grow went south... But there is a lot to lurn.

I fuckt up my first 3 grows as well
I did not know shit and found this site after becoming pritty good at the growing game so don't give up you can do it

I know you can

Thx for the reply..
Actually i gave up on regular seeds as it require hell lot of time.. So i guess i will not go back to them again because of time...
Auto was very nice and i had not invested much of the time this time as it was organic grow and the plant were sturdy but due to the heat condition they got bad.
Next time also i will try autos if ever.
You fucked up 3 time...:D..that helped a lot i thought i am the only one failing so many times (2 actually)..
Even after knowing and studying this site i failed two time that was something..

I will concentrate on something else for now.. will be back with more preparation...
thx again

@@ShiggityFlip
@@MRXC
Hey guys i want to ask can i use this flower of this destroyed plant?
I mean it has the milky color trichomes... I know it will be very less but can i ?

Of course you can. I would keep her going and see how far she gets. If she doesn't recover,chop dry and smoke her.

But how to chop... i mean i never did it before and this is like unfinished... so how exactly shall i chop ? shall i chop the head (flower with near by sugary leafs) or anything else ? and after that dry it right ?

Although i have used AUTO, i find Reg seeds or fem work best for me. Malana i believe you can save. Its one tough strain and will survive..
I would pull her away from the direct light and let her heal..I would try adding Cal/Mag and Fox F "Grow Big" but a very small amt... However, this is going to take you weeks. I`m nursing a Black Jack strain that is almost half dead, but the roots are still alive and kicking. Its going to take me at least 2 months to revive her, but, i`m doing it now to see what Nutes work well with sickly strains... I wish you the best of Luck...

Hi!
Personaly i would throw that grow, accept it and take it on the chin. Although you may be able to save , because they are autos and still young its not really worth it. If you had a big plant end of flower then of course put everything youve got into saving it. Thing with autos is they have a limited short lifespan and everybit of stress will take away from production towards final yield and quality. So if theyve been that stressed, its going to massivly effect your outcome even if u are abe to save them if you know what i mean SO clear your mind, clean your grow area and start again with a fresh possitive start ! Plus its easier to start again, sometimes the energy it takes u and the plant to recover is nt worth it.
peace
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom