Cannabis Oil Dosing Tutorial: Tacking Method

Yes her cancer is ER+. We asked our oncologist today. I have now purchased the strains you recommended. 1 oz of each of them. I am ready to make the oil, but am anxious to attempt it. I feel good I can.
I am a Nurse Practitioner by profession and need to add that I have read most of what you've wrote and am extremely impressed sir. I was surprised that you were not some type of clinician.
So she will be tacking first and then following that up with the procedures you then give? When will I receive those? I apologize if appearing pushy sir, but time is of the essence for us.

Yes, I live in the Springs. I do not have a "clinic", but have my Key Personnel Badge and am employed at a multi-site medical marijuana dispensary. I am a also a legal, certified/licensed caregiver to going on 23 patients. I'm sure all would be willing to "comment" about me. I was asked to speak at Cannabis Cup in Denver this year on a panel for MMJ industry experts (not quite a weekend Hemp Con). and will be a co-lecturer at U of C in the Springs for a medical cannabis/EDS class. Need more?

Yes, she will be tacking prior to the protocol I set ya up with. I won't go in to the science, but tacking will bring her body to homeostasis quickly.

Others will take over the tacking here. I will focus on her protocol on the other link for reasons explained.

I got my Mom started on tacking oil today to relieve her stomach problems. They are getting pretty serious, a lot of pain and nausea which is causing her to not want to eat. I know the oil will increase her appetite and relieve the pain and nausea.
How much would be good for dosing to her for this?

I had her do one grain of rice size this morning, and one tonight before dinner. Starting out small doses until I get some opinions on what you suggest here.

:thanks:

Canna, I don't usually advise a specific strain, but I have to suggest Blue Cheese to you for her.
Blue Cheese is the chemo go-to & has the same effects for everyone which is unusual.
It helps with 3 things.
Pain, nausea, appetite.
I hope you can find a dispensary with some, but I doubt it. They've Blue Cheese autos too.

Thanks Cajun, I will put that one on my next order. I have a cheese strain here, I think it was Purple Cheese. Buds curing.
I'll see what that one has, if similar I can get some oil made with it while I wait to grow out the Blue Cheese.
Dispensary is out of the question, any that are still open in my state, they are exorbitantly expensive.

She did really well today, she said she didn't feel at all like she was high or anything. Spit in a cup when she did the dose before dinner and said she only saw a slight amount of the oil in there. So, it absorbed well IMO. She learns things very quickly, so I think this is going to go just fine.

I'm slowly building up my strains, so thanks again!

You're going about it just right, Fanny! Start slow and low, build slowly until desired result. Easy-peasy. Best to Mom for me, John.

You're going about it just right, Fanny! Start slow and low, build slowly until desired result. Easy-peasy. Best to Mom for me, John.

Thanks John, she's doing just fine with it. I think I was more nervous than she was. :laugh:
The suggested start for her by MO last night was:

She should start with a PM dose. 1/2 grain after breakfast, 1/2 grain after lunch for daytime and if possible 1/2 grain of nighttime 1-2 hours before bed.

I called Mom with that new routine today. :)

Mo is picking this up pretty fast, isn't she?:rofl:

I will be receiving the tacking information here correct? Cajuncelt made the oil for us and started my wife on her first dose. I insisted on trying the shatter against his advise. I won't do that gain. Hahaha.
Thank you Sam Elliot (CajunCelt)!!!
She is doing the first doses great and is really eating now. I mean a lot. I am SO thankful.
I am going to your dispensary tomorrow for the CBD.
Thank you

Mo is picking this up pretty fast, isn't she?:rofl:

She is...yes she is. :)

Ya know, I think my Mom is taking this with much more seriousness now than she did the first time we tried oh so long ago. She's asking lots of questions, she has called me 4 times today to make sure she's doing what she should be.
The first time we tried this, I noticed that the supply of oil I gave her didn't seem to diminish much, (first clue for you all, if you're wondering if the patient is doing the regimen) which gave me a clue that she had gotten frustrated and stopped doing them, or was doing them only when I would call her.
She really wants to be sure she's keeping the schedule and the dosing right this time.
She said she slept very well last night. YEY!

I will be receiving the tacking information here correct? Cajuncelt made the oil for us and started my wife on her first dose. I insisted on trying the shatter against his advise. I won't do that gain. Hahaha.
Thank you Sam Elliot (CajunCelt)!!!
She is doing the first doses great and is really eating now. I mean a lot. I am SO thankful.
I am going to your dispensary tomorrow for the CBD.
Thank you

Great to hear. How'd she sleep?
Well, I kinda got the hole card on ya after your dabbing. Lol.
If you ever say write something embarrassing about me, I'll definitely spill the beans.
Drop me a line when you're ready to mix the CBD in.

She is...yes she is. :)

Ya know, I think my Mom is taking this with much more seriousness now than she did the first time we tried oh so long ago. She's asking lots of questions, she has called me 4 times today to make sure she's doing what she should be.
The first time we tried this, I noticed that the supply of oil I gave her didn't seem to diminish much, (first clue for you all, if you're wondering if the patient is doing the regimen) which gave me a clue that she had gotten frustrated and stopped doing them, or was doing them only when I would call her.
She really wants to be sure she's keeping the schedule and the dosing right this time.
She said she slept very well last night. YEY!

It's good to hear Canna. Sounds like y'all are in a good place.

Good news greets us tonight. :love: GreenLiv, this is such a turnaround for you and your wife. I'm glad you're both able to breathe more freely and laugh again.

Canna, I'm just glowing, listening to your news on your mother. Big sigh of relief. :circle-of-love: It's heartening that she's so engaged this time. To help improve her quality of life has to be the most satisfying thing you've done in a while. I'm so looking forward to doing the same with my daughter. She's actually looking forward to learning to tack.

Good news greets us tonight. :love: GreenLiv, this is such a turnaround for you and your wife. I'm glad you're both able to breathe more freely and laugh again.

Canna, I'm just glowing, listening to your news on your mother. Big sigh of relief. :circle-of-love: It's heartening that she's so engaged this time. To help improve her quality of life has to be the most satisfying thing you've done in a while. I'm so looking forward to doing the same with my daughter. She's actually looking forward to learning to tack.

Your daughter is willing and "looking forward" to tacking. That is great news :circle-of-love:

Your daughter is willing and "looking forward" to tacking. That is great news :circle-of-love:

Yes it is Rad. I give the majority of the credit to the these threads documenting the success of being able to get the medicinal value without euphoria. Without that she'd still be resistant. This is a big step, given her anxiety disorder. Words cannot adequately convey my appreciation for these threads. I wasn't able to offer this to her father, but his daughter will directly benefit from all the hard work of the dedicated members of this forum.

Anything I can do to contribute to the work is my way of saying "thank you."

I know this is probably in the wrong location but Thank you to everybody, especially the "pioneers" on this forum! Helping humans/Saving lives is a beautiful thing and you are appreciated! I have read through a lot of information here but this is my first post, so apologize if this is out of place. Just wanted to share my experiences. Grandma was diagnosed last Monday with Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Was able to convince her to pursue the CCO (After trying to educate/un-brain wash her for four years). Sad that it often takes these extreme situations to make someone realize the importance but is understandable. We followed the guidelines set forth by these forums while taking other opinions into mind as well(plus I've made attempts to make the oil for myself in the past so have had light XP). I was able to make it out of Bubba(9g)/Mango Kush(12g). Decent return (approx 1.3 g). Not ideal but worked with what we had available to get her started. She began treatment on Sunday and had a good day, no issues. We decided to try to ingest the oil to start. As she still works and has little time to fuss with tacking. Yesterday I was called to pick her up early from work as she was feeling dizzy and felt like maybe fainting not. When we got home she vomited a couple of times and laid down (she took her dose at 9am, incident happened around 11g). She was able to sleep it off and felt much better after waking up. I messed up and felt horrible as I was telling her to take her doses as if she was following the tack method. 1/4 grain every four hours. I think this is why she felt this way. (Also due to her oral sores it's hard for her to drink cool water, resorting to warm which understandably, she doesn't want to drink as much of. Working on instilling the idea of hydration and taking a snack in her head). She skipped her dose this evening as she was afraid and is worried about continuing especially at work. Eventually we will have a daytime oil and I hope that they may help with the tired feeling as well as making sure she takes her dose every eight hours if ingested. But still, I'm stuck as I know tacking is the necessary route but am having such difficulty trying to convince her to do so. For one, her oral sores make it impossible to use ice water to cool her gums. Two, she is old and gets discouraged easy. I can apply the tack in the morning and evening but when she's at work it makes it more difficult. (30 min lunch=if she eats Pryor to dosing she barely has time to clean teeth then struggle with the tack). I have practiced on myself and have had the best succes with drying my gums. Then applying with the end of a rubber cuticle pusher I found. Still I often make a "sloppy" tack and don't want to continue "wasting" oil practicing on myself. Do any of you think applying a dose on a strip of gauze, then having her hold it in her gumline for say 20 minutes, would achieve what is necessary? Or is it wasted by soaking into the gauze? I was also thinking of cooling the actual drop of CCO to the point it was stiff like he's candy then having her try to apply it. If that didn't work. Perhaps holding her finger to her gumline as long as it took to absorb? Such a stressful situation but like everyone just want to make her healthy and do it right! This tacking thing just seems much more of a pain in the ass then it should be.
One love and good luck to all in search of healing!
-YYNN

:welcome:Hi Jeremy....bless you for helping your Grandma, you are a good man!:goodjob:

It is regrettable that tacking is so....inconvienent. ALL will agree with that!

Here's your big tip of the day/week/year/lifetime:

Your Grandma's very life may well depend on YOUR ability to teach her how to tack.

No pressure there!

This part of the treatment is as bad as it gets. Please don't be a pussy with tacking.
It's not important to learn to tack......it's everything!

Try gauze, flat tooth pick, mint breath film that melts in your mouth.....anything.

Does she wear dentures? Put the dose of oil on the underside of the front lower denture (easiest tacking method).

CCO works real good with mouth/throat issues/cancer due to saliva washing the area with cannabinoids from the tack site itself. Try to get your Grandma to keep her saliva in her mouth and don't swallow it for as long as possible after tacking. Then spit it out when tacking before work/morning and swallow it at night for sleep. This will bathe her sores in cannabis oil and prevent her sloppy tacking or eating the oil infused saliva by day, which is why she got stoned at work (eating the oil).

I'll re-read your post to see what I missed, but TACKING is what this thread is about.....and the reason to tack is to avoid getting high. Get it?

:Namaste:
We're all here for you and your Grandma...health and luck. Love, John

Also keep in mind that tacking does get easier with time, keep tacking in the same locations and eventually it will become tacky and easier to apply.

JeremyRyan,

Is it possible to teach her how to tack on a weekend or when she's going to have a day off the next day? This would take the worry off her about that happening to her at work again. Properly tacking is everything.
And I second the question about dentures? Dentures make the tacking job much easier, I do that myself...and I believe John does as well.

And keep working on that "snack" and hydration. She MUST stay hydrated. Maybe find a way to flavor the warm water safely? Or a light tea?
It's so important to keep nutrition and hydration going.

John gave some good tips for you, keep in mind that he was saying that while giving you both the biggest hug on the planet.

:hug::hug:

Back
Top Bottom