Canuckgals 60 Day Autoflower Closet Grow

ok, i see what your getting, the only thing i would say is that id use the mh until you see the plant show sex then id switch to the hps, the problem with autos is that they dont have a defined veg and flower stage, they flower due to age and not light cycle, so im not sure if the mh would be best for the whole grow as its more of a daylight bulb or if the hps would be better as its a flower stage bulb, unless you get a dual spectrum hps bulb, my reflector is the same as yours but my ballast is not dimable, the only difference is mine is the dual spectrum so has an extra element in it to give the blue light needed for the veg stage, but with the hps ballast you can use mh bulb of the same watt so i could still use mh bulb if i wanted,

my guess would be that the hps will be the best option, what i have found with autos is that they grow very slow till they show sex, they are still small when they show sex but as soon as mine shows me they was female they just started growing like crazy, my first auto took 7 weeks to show sex and for the 1st 5 weeks it was less than 2 inches high, so i did a small amount of lst for 48 hours and now its a monster and nearly 1 foot tall, so you could use the mh till the plant shows sex then switch to the hps to finish it off as the hps is more for the flower stage, so as long as you keep an eye on the plant and switch bulbs when it shows sex my 2nd plant showed sex after 2 weeks and thats when it started growing a lot faster.

but i think you will be ok with what ever you use as long as you can keep the temps in check,

She's alive!!
ND2kG.jpg

I planted dill beside her as it should repel mites

OtysF.jpg

Annnd as you guys have pointed out, the light is a bit warm... Luckily it's still cool at night, so I can open the window and that keeps temps down, but it won't last for long. So I really need to figure out how to keep it cool. I've looked into portable A/C units, however, they are quite expensive, and reviews don't seem very positive. I've read up around the forums on converting a window unit, but as ambitious as I am, I'm not sure I could rip apart a unit and adjust it as needed. I have taken the door off the closet, and am leaning towards building a structure which holds the window a/c at the top,of the closet, and vents into the room.

This post has taken forever to finish, I'm watching Game of Thrones, and there is a lot of naked ladies! Lol very distracting. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice.

This post has taken forever to finish, I'm watching Game of Thrones, and there is a lot of naked ladies! Lol very distracting. Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any advice.

GOT is great, Ive read 3 1/2 of the books so far so I kinda know what happens, albeit they chopped out massive bits but thats TV.

Have you seen Deadwood?

With your MH does it plug into the same ballast as your HPS? Ive been told they can if the HPS is digital, but Im not sure if mine is or not.

Also I love that you use a power drill, my kind of girl! Although your comment about the naked ladies in GOT threw me lol

Your setup looks great. Subbed!

GOT is great, Ive read 3 1/2 of the books so far so I kinda know what happens, albeit they chopped out massive bits but thats TV.

Have you seen Deadwood?

With your MH does it plug into the same ballast as your HPS? Ive been told they can if the HPS is digital, but Im not sure if mine is or not.

Also I love that you use a power drill, my kind of girl! Although your comment about the naked ladies in GOT threw me lol

Your setup looks great. Subbed!

Thanks for checking in! Lol yea this is all me, I like bragging about being a single gal who's not afraid to get my hands dirty, I don't need no man! :p. But then my friends ask questions, so I can't do much bragging lol

I just downloaded the GOT books onto my iPad, it's intimating being on page 50/6500 lmao. But so far so good. I've never seen deadwood, but I'll definitely check it out.

And no matter if your male or female, if someone's boobs are out, you can't help but look. Lmao

In regards to the ballast, yes it runs both the MH and the HPS.

Nothing much to update. I took the closet door off, it was getting in my way lol. But now I know this picture is going to give me lots of awful feedback lol

v5Bow.jpg

The sheet covering the door is supposed to be impenetrable by light, but it's pretty clear it's not. At the moment, I'm going 20-4 for light, and when it's bedtime for her I have made like a lid to put over to block all light, but make sure airflow is good. I won't be able to do this for long... This whole heat thing really sucks... I keep thinking about putting a window A/C unit at the top of the closet, but then noise might become an issue. Ugh I don't know... I'm also considering just switching back to CFL.

Anyways, gave her a drink today, and here's her pretty picture. (I think the dill on the right is harder to grow than the MJ! Lol)

bkBLg.jpg

bummer to hear about the heat, the plants will certainly love the mh and hps, but if the heat is to much for the plants then its not going to do them no good, the only thing i could suggest is having a fan on the floor at and have this facing towards the light, this should then suck the air in the bottom of the room and blow it over the top of the pots and up into the top of the room, i have to do this with my space, if the day time temps go to high then i use a fan to push the air up away from the plants towards the top of the grow space where it comes out, doing this keeps fresh air coming in the grow and this should be cooler than the air thats in their, so this may help some with the heat issue, make sure the fan isnt blowing directly on the plants at this stage as it will cause problems and stunt growth.

i noticed the fan you have got just under the light, are you using this yet and is it blowing air away from the light or across the light,

How about an air cooled hood? If the budget allows that would be a step in the right direction. Basically the fan cfm will be the deciding factor with an air cooled hood. But cfl's work great, and like yourself i would want to use the 400w for sure...

Yes, the fan is on, and it's blowing upwards onto the light, similar to a air cooled hood. Heat rises, so fans near the floor blowing upwards could potentially keep her cool.

My local hydro store sells air cooled hoods (according to a reliable friend), so maybe I'll run out tomorrow to see what kind of dent it will make on my budget.

Currently I have zero nutes/fertilizers, there are just so many options, and I'm not sure where to start. Noob question: can I ask the hydro store for recommendations? Or would that waive red flags?

It's been exactly 7 days since I planted the seed in soil, she's looking good, about an inch and a half tall with 4 tiny leaves... She's soo cute.

I'm dry, and can't find anything to smoke, it's really making me consider picking up a handful of clones to ensure Ill get a good harvest. I don't foresee any issues with bringing clones into my grow. The single plant I have is an auto, so I'm sure it'll be ready before the clones are, but it shouldn't affect the auto to switch lights to HPS when it comes to flowering the clones.

Any feedback?

Yes, the fan is on, and it's blowing upwards onto the light, similar to a air cooled hood. Heat rises, so fans near the floor blowing upwards could potentially keep her cool.

My local hydro store sells air cooled hoods (according to a reliable friend), so maybe I'll run out tomorrow to see what kind of dent it will make on my budget.

Currently I have zero nutes/fertilizers, there are just so many options, and I'm not sure where to start. Noob question: can I ask the hydro store for recommendations? Or would that waive red flags?

Hi CanuckGal,

An air cooled hood will be a plus. As far as telling the hydro store people what you are doing.... You will need to feel that out for yourself. These stores are in business and the majority of their business for the most part is generated by people growing cannibis. If you are uneasy asking for weed growing nutes, then ask for tomato growing nutes. The two plants have similar nute needs. If you go in looking for a hood and ask for nutes, they will know and probably take it from there. You could also look at BPN. The nutes will be shipped discretely to your door.

It's been exactly 7 days since I planted the seed in soil, she's looking good, about an inch and a half tall with 4 tiny leaves... She's soo cute.

I'm dry, and can't find anything to smoke, it's really making me consider picking up a handful of clones to ensure Ill get a good harvest. I don't foresee any issues with bringing clones into my grow. The single plant I have is an auto, so I'm sure it'll be ready before the clones are, but it shouldn't affect the auto to switch lights to HPS when it comes to flowering the clones.

Any feedback?

I think your auto flower plant has a predetermined flower stage. The light switching to hps will only help as a 400 w hps has more lumens than metal halyde. Metal halyde is best for veg and hps for flower. You've done your reading. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. When the plant starts to flower, start supplementing amino. It will help your buds explode. If you are using co2 then run your temps between 83 and 85. If no co2 then try to keep temps between 72 and 80. Any warmer will stunt growth. Dump fresh mix in a pot the same as you are growing in. Feel the weight of it dry. That is how the pot should feel before adding water again. Ph your water when adding nutes and start your nutes gradually. There's a nute schedule posted on my GJ. Don't over nute.

if you can get bpn, blue planet nutrients, then id get that, i was lucky enough to have another grower on here donate me some as they dont sell it in the country i am in in europe as its only sold in usa, but a top grower on here chipped in and paid for the nutes and high postage costs to my country so i managed to try bpn myself and looking at the results others where getting, in all it cost $90 due to shipping to where i am, bpn is a brilliant price and is truely what these plants need, ill use nothing else, im now saving up for the next time i need it, but ive got enough to see me through this grow and 2 possibly 3 more grows, the bpn is designed to work with these plants at full strength and works wonders, the bloke who runs bpn has dialed the product into these plants and has given a feed schedule that can be followed, he is a top bloke so if you can get bpn, then id get it, its more than worth it, im sure many others will agree

if you can get bpn, blue planet nutrients, then id get that,....its more than worth it, im sure many others will agree

Will this 3 pack last me through the whole grow? Click meeee (Blue Planet Nutrients)

If that's all of the nutes I need, that would be amazing, good deal $48 all in, shipped to me. My local hydro store is selling a quart bottle for $17 a piece, I was looking at some Nute that was veg part a, and part b... And you have to mix them together, and that's only for veg stage. Then I'd have to buy two more bottles (a+b) for bloom.

Thanks for the reply James. Yea I knew the root was quite small, but I agree that there was probably too much water in there, and after 48 hours, it had just popped that small bit. I felt that it wouldn't hurt to put it in to the new medium, I have more knowledge about the soil than a paper towel lol.

Hey, I just soaked them, the freebie took like 48 hours to sho a tip, the purebreds took 24, then straight into soil, no fluffing around with towels!

Will this 3 pack last me through the whole grow? Click meeee (Blue Planet Nutrients)

If that's all of the nutes I need, that would be amazing, good deal $48 all in, shipped to me. My local hydro store is selling a quart bottle for $17 a piece, I was looking at some Nute that was veg part a, and part b... And you have to mix them together, and that's only for veg stage. Then I'd have to buy two more bottles (a+b) for bloom.

Ive decided to grow in coco, and so far Im very very impressed with it, waaaaay better than soil. Im using coco canna nutes for whole grow.

All is looking good in my eyes. super bummer about the heat! love the nails!!! =]

Im using General hydro right now but you better believe that my next grow will be BPN! Good luck with your grow! I have never used an auto flower seed so i cantbe much help on that ! have fun! good luck!

:Namaste:

yep, thats all you need. thats exactly what i got, lasts ages as well as your only using a tiny amount each time, plus make sure you use the online feed guide and not the guide on the bottle itself, the online guide is designed for these plants, corey has tested his product and found the best mixture for these plants so download the 3 part freed schedule, the only thing different i got with mine is the bottle of bloom booster, now corey dont use it and says its not needed, i got sent it so i could try the whole range and ive been using it, but its such a small amount that you need and its up to you if you want the bloom booster, i cant say if it makes a difference or not, if you wanted to find out for sure, drop corey a msg via bpn site and ask him what he thinks, he is a top bloke and always answers any questions and he will guide you on what he thinks is best, he wont tell you to buy it so you spend more money, chances are he will probably say you wont need it, but bpn really works wonders, everyone who has used it wont use anything else, its not sold in shops only online and mainly by word of mouth and because of bpn been a sponsor on these sites,

Back
Top Bottom