Canuckgals 60 Day Autoflower Closet Grow

so glad to hear you got your nutes, you should notice some difference in growth now, give it 24 to 48 hours and im sure you will notice how much more healthy the plants look, plus the rate of growth will also go up, do you have a ph tester, i never had one and only just got one, so if you have a ph tester give me a shout back and let me know then we can start thinking about getting the ph spot on for the plants, if you dont have one then dont worry to much, i never had one for the whole of my grow and its got me 2 plants i harvested and i got 2 auto to harvest and 2ltr hempie to harvest and all these where grown without a ph tester, but getting the ph spot on will give the plant the best chance of giving the fastest and healthiest growth,

when you mix bpn with tap water thats 7.0 ph then this lowers the ph to where it should be for a hydro grow, so anything hydro or dwc would grow well with the plain bpn mix, also soil grow will grow a lot better with the bpn mix, but if you can check the ph and adjust it slightly then this will make the plants produce and grow more, its not vital and wont make a huge difference but it would make a difference, im buying some ph up to add to my bpn to see what difference it will make,

so glad you got your bpn, i cant wait to see how quickly the plants change, mine went from not growing very quick to growing very quick in the space of 48 hours, i think i got an inch of growth in the first 48 hours and that was more than i had got in weeks, so bpn is the way to go and it will make a huge difference to the plants and the yield

Good luck, I too am growing a auto Diesel, it's growing beautiful at 5 wks. No floweres yet. I use fish emulsion alone with superthrive, just a capful of each at 1st when I started up, then I add a little more of nutes as the plants mature, just wait the 3 weeks before feeding any nutes, and don't forget to check the PH in your water.

so glad to hear you got your nutes, you should notice some difference in growth now, give it 24 to 48 hours and im sure you will notice how much more healthy the plants look, plus the rate of growth will also go up, do you have a ph tester, i never had one and only just got one, so if you have a ph tester give me a shout back and let me know then we can start thinking about getting the ph spot on for the plants, if you dont have one then dont worry to much, i never had one for the whole of my grow and its got me 2 plants i harvested and i got 2 auto to harvest and 2ltr hempie to harvest and all these where grown without a ph tester, but getting the ph spot on will give the plant the best chance of giving the fastest and healthiest growth,,

No I don't have a PH tester, I live in a good area, so I'm sure my tap water is close to 7.

I can't imagine these plants growing faster than they already are! I usually check on them twice a day, and I see a significant change every time I peek in. I am definitely not the anxious over analyzing kind of grower lol, but I think a lot of it has to do with what I've learned from other peoples journals on here. For example, leaves were curling; I knew it was too hot, so i built a cooler.

Thanks again for keeping in touch, it's really hard for me since I have no one to talk to about my grow, so its really great knowing your out there, following along, and supporting me along the way :). Lol watch out, I'm a hugger!

Good luck, I too am growing a auto Diesel, it's growing beautiful at 5 wks. No floweres yet. I use fish emulsion alone with superthrive, just a capful of each at 1st when I started up, then I add a little more of nutes as the plants mature, just wait the 3 weeks before feeding any nutes, and don't forget to check the PH in your water.

Thanks for stopping in! I just checked out your journal, and your plants look huge for being just 5 weeks, but my ladies are only 3 weeks and 9ish days, so they are still small. I guess I should be expecting them to explode with growth over the next few weeks. This is a very exciting hobby!

As for not waiting for 3 weeks before the first feeding, I'm not sure if that's really the case in my situation. The only reason I waited this long, was because I put a ton of research into this, and ordered the nutes online. They only arrived today. Since I decided to go with BPN, feedback is that you can (and are encouraged) to begin feeding early, and with each watering. The amount of nutes for this stage are very low, about 7ml per gallon, very diluted.

Thanks again for stopping by, and don't be shy. Let me rephrase that, pleeeeease keep in touch, it's driving me bonkers not having anyone to talk to about my grow lol

no probs, you can use bpn as soon as the first set of leaves after the round seed leaves start growing, as soon as you see the first set of real looking leaves growing then this is when you can give bpn at the lowest feeding schedule, i have used this and never got any nute burn or any problems like that, some say wait till you see some sign its lacking in something, but why wait till the plant is struggling to make it better, why not give it what it needs from day 1, and as bpn has a feeding schedule for these plants then it can be given at the strength stated as early as the first set of leaves starts growing, i have had no problems with my plants using it that early.

when i was talking with another grower called teSmp, he said that as my tap water is 7.0 to 7.1, then when i add bpn it lowers the solution down to 5.8 to 5.9, now this is an ideal ph for hydro grows, for soil grows it needs to be slightly higher, so what i am trying this time round is using some ph up and adjust the solution till its the correct ph and see if that makes any difference to the growth, even without adjusting the ph bpn really is a great nutrient for these plants,

I'm really liking this autoflower, it's so easy, I wish auto seeds weren't so expensive, I'd consider planting one every 2 weeks so I could have a consistent harvest, but I'm broke, and I don't think the weed fairy will be stopping by anytime soon lol

Question, is it worth LST-ing the auto? I've been trying to find other auto journals, and there's mixed feedback. It also seems like some of the autos around here just flower on the single stem and don't branch off... Can I FIM/top to make sure it does split off onto more than one branch?

most people dont mess with autos just let em grow any stress might stunt what you can get out of it
because it will flower when it wants to and if its stressed its gonna heal itself while it should be putting energy into something else
my 60 day wonder grew like a bush came out nothing like the pictures ive seen of it, and i didnt mess with it just let it grow

my g13 poisen dwarf was a problem from day 1, it grew with no stem and leaves where at ground level, at 5 weeks its was in inch tall and 5 nodes high, each node right on top of the other, now the branches at these nodes grew so i pulled the main branch down using pipe cleaners and pulled it down lower than the node growth, then withing 48 hours the plant exploded with growth and it seemed the lst was what the plant needed cuz it has not stopped growing since and even though its taken longer than it said at the seed bank but its well in flower now and has the main stem and then 4 lst side branches that i just pulled out to let light in and now it has got the main stem, then 4 side branches then smaller branches off these at the nodes so only smaller buds their, but its looking like ill get about 1ozout of that.

now my other auto the greenhouse seeds auto bomb grew and is growing on schedule after 2 weeks it showed sex and grew the pistils and its was like that for a couple of weeks, the main stem grew nice and tall but the lower branches was close to the stem so no light was getting in, so i lst all these 4 side branches and pulled them out to the corners of the pot, and this plant went crazy as well, withing a week these side branches had grew inches and are now longer than the main stem, i didnt lst the main stem i just left it to grow up, but the lowest 4 branches i lst outwards as they was growing upwards close to the stem, so now these 4 side branches are really long and still growing, but i have left the lst and let the branches grow upwards now as its going more into flower, so it has like these 4 claws sticking up that are now in flower, the main stem now looks like its growing like a hempy, it has very little node growth at the top half of the stem, but it looks like its going to be one big bud, so ill have the 1 big bud, 4 big side branch buds, then 6 little node branch buds, it will give me more than the first auto.

my point is this, if i never lst the g13 i honestly dont think it would of exploded with growth and went into flower, it dont nothing at all till i did lst on it and pulled the top of the stem below the node growth, i only lst it for a few days then the growth was that much that i un did the lst as it was no longer needed as the plant had grown more than it ever had,

now the 2nd plant if i never lst this then i dont think the side branches would of grown like they did, everytime i moved the pipe cleaner to stop the side branch growing upwards withing 20 to 36 hours i would have to move it further along the branch to stop it growing up, i believe doing this kept forcing the plant to get these branches to grow upwards so they went into rapid growth to do this, i no longer do this as its now in flower and im more than happy with the results.

so i think some lst is ok and is possibly needed, i wouldnt use it to train the whole plant to run sideways i mean i wouldnt lst from the start but their is no saying it cant be done, but i have not tried that, it might give amazing results and i may try this with the next auto, but i think using a small amount of lst to force branches to grow a different way is always going to improve the plant, if you can open it up so the light gets in and you can make them branches longer then surely this means its going to give you more back,

some people get as little as an 1/8th from an auto, but i have seen someone who wrote a journal that got over 4oz per plant, so i think you can get a decent yield from autos, i started them in smaller pots and i honestly think if i had of put them in the 3gallon pots like my plants in flower then i honestly think the plants would of been much bigger, they really could of done with bigger pots more early as im sure they are pretty root bound and cant grow anymore, else i think i would of had a lot bigger autos, imo,
sorry for the long post

the cheapest place i have seen for seeds is herbies head shop, a sponsor of this site, if you go to herbies main page, then scroll down the right hand side of the screen and then click on the pick and mix picture, this takes you to the part of the site that sells single seeds, so when your on this page go over the the left hand side and choose the price heading, pick the lowest setting then hit sort, this will then list all the single seeds and their prices in price order, its where i got my autos from its the cheapest place i found plus you can buy just 1 seed, and with every order you receive free seeds, so say you order special kush for £1.25 or $2.50 and only pick 1 seed, then herbie will send you 3 free seeds, you will get 2 x big bud#2, and 1 x any other but this will either be a fem seed or an auto fem, it tells you on his site what offer they are doing, they change it often so you can always get different free seeds, i get mine the very next day but would take you longer, very secure and discreet and cheap, so have a look at herbies next time you want seeds, its the first place i go and always had great service and great free seeds

Hi CanuckGal, Grace from Ohio here, I am LST my clones, I did some LST on my seeded plants, they took forever to recover from any stress, but the clones are quick recovering, as a matter of fact, I see no stress, just quicker growth, so, yes, I am scrogging my 5 wk old flowering plants, they are a total of 13 weeks from seeds, Herbie's, is great, they replaced some seeds for me that rotted after germinating. I think I will now put all my seeds in rockwool instead of soil for the 1st few weeks. My husband took some of my bag seeds and germinated for me as a surprise, I placed them in rockwool this morning under a T-5 4 ft lamp with a heating pad under, inside of a domed tray, they are already showing green popping up. I tried this a couple of weeks ago, and they died in the soil within days. Good luck on the grow, will keep checking in.

I forgot to mention, I am also LST my autoflower Diesel Fem that I got as a freebie from Herbies, it is growing very bushy, anyway, since they say you cannot clone autoflowers, I am hoping to place this plant into re-veg after harvesting, hope it works, might as well try, what do I have to lose Right? Good luck/

I decided to go ahead and LST the auto. Today after work I peeked in, the plants were drooping and some of the leaves shrivelling, shit. it was boiling hot in the room, fuck, i opened my swamp cooler and found no ice, and the water was warm! So the fan was blowing hot air onto the plants. So I turned off the lights, and loaded the cooler with all the ice in my fridge. The plants were also super dry, so I fed and watered them. I'm sure they will perk back up by the time the lights come back on.

Anyways, off topic, what's the turnover rate for new growers on here? How many randoms hop in spending a few hundred bucks on supplies, all eager to do it, get started, and then just bored?

ive came across 2 people who started a journal and then vanished, i even helped the one out and sent him some lights and stuff, never heard back from him after that, i just hope it got some use out of the stuff i sent and just hope he is to busy to keep updating his journal, but most of the journals i read are now regular members, new ones appear all the time and most stay for the long haul, so this site tends to keep its members

it really is, as soon as the first plants are finishing most people are getting the next grow ready, soaking seeds vegging clones, it seems to take a hold on people pretty quick, it has with me, the plants i just harvested are the 1st in 9 years, now i got more plants for the next round of growth, so its got me as well, i think the main part is the quality of what can be grown, you can buy decent buds but when you can grow what ever strain you like and choose what you want and get good results then i think its worth doing, plus it gives you the chance to find out what strain you like best,

i think you could get away with four, at the moment under my dual spectrum 400watt hps i have got my 2 auto, my 2ltr hempie and 1 x 3gallon pot, so i got 4 under their now, all finishing at different times, my hempie is due in a week or 2, my autos about 3 weeks, then the 3gallon pot is something im vegging so it goes under the hps for the 12hours its on then i put the clones under cfls, so i think you would get away with 4 plants under 400 watt hps

I forgot to tell you guys! I went to my gastro doctor on weds and I mentioned quietly "I smoke MJ", and he's like "you smoke MARIJUANA?!" and then he burst out laughing. He said he totally understands, and said that if it helps with my appetite and nausea, definitely keep it up.

Now I'm wishing I had brought my medical MJ forms for him to sign! Next time...

It's been a while since I've posted any pictures, I've been a bit embarrassed because they were wilting a bit after the nutes and lst. I have faith in BPN and I've continued to feed them, I think they will be just fine.

Here's the vanilla kush
5XXDc.jpg

The wilted autoflower

v6TD5.jpg

LvfFW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom