Carnival: A Community Grow Experience

I’ve been testing out a long list of cannabis flowers and products. It’s been great fun exploring the unknown.

Then I open the jar, bury my nose inside and take a whif of “home.”

I’ve been deep-diving into the world of terpenes and thought you’d all appreciate this deconstruction of Carnival in comparison to other high-Terpinoline strains. I’ve used Michael Backus’s Cannabis Pharmacy as a primary source.

If anyone has labs for other strains high in Terpinoline I’d love to see them. This is starting to make sense to me. :laughtwo:

During my first visit to California I’d shared the lab report of Neiko’s with the manager of dispensary and he was shocked at the level of Terpinoline expression, remarking, “The only other strain I’d ever seen with that level was Jack Herer.

The big difference I see between them is that Carnival has a richer terp expression in both secondary and tertiary stages.

It made me think of the terpene richness of both AK-47 and Grandaddy Purple.

I found it interesting that only Big Sur was noted to have that “no crash” feature we all appreciate with Carnival, and it has minimal Caryophyllene.

A couple Carnivals I’ve harvested lately,for the accounts.
Carn 3 has most of the lime smell of my original/first Carnival. I harvested it a little early as an experiment

Carn 2, which I just jarred up, doesn’t smell very strongly. And not at all citrusy :hmmmm: but turned out otherwise very nice and definitely one of the frostiest plants I’ve grown.

@Weaselcracker, you can just ship that lime-scented harvest right to me, thank you very much. :battingeyelashes:

Ooo....weee....! Dang! Made my mouth water and made me want to drop a seed. This hiatus stuff is for the birds!

You done well my friend. I’ll be by in about a month to collect a taste. :rofl:

Oh, that I wish that were true. :hug::hug::hug:

My jars are holding up well. Here’s no danger of me running out anytime soon. I don’t want you guys worrying about me. :battingeyelashes:

Those jars are coming up on a year since harvest. I’m in new territory. I’ve always chomped my way through Carnival, harvest to harvest. This isn't the first time ever that I’ve managed to hold onto some for nearly a year, but it’s the first time I held onto so much for so long.

The terpene signature is shifting, but I don’t find that interfering with the delightful buzz in any way.

@Weaselcracker, Carn 2 will cure to a better aroma. How popular a commodity is it when you have Carnival on hand?

I do believe I’ll spend this particular day in a continuous cloud of Carnival. :hookah:

Right about the time Weaselcracker was posting that lovely pictorial and description that I know had Graytail wishing he were standing in that room too, I was reaching for my stash and bowl, thinking how delightful it feels that somewhere out there in the world someone was likely harvesting a Carnival plant as a direct result of the passion we shared with each other, and then the world...

right here in our own little cannabis neighborhood. :circle-of-love:

Every once in a while we find ourselves on the same wavelength Weaselcracker. It warms my heart beyond belief that Carnival is one of our touchstones. :hug:

It’s funny, I sent a box to a friend last year for her 50th Bday. It had ten different strains in it. I was fishing around trying to see what she would like best. It’s been Carnival all the way since day one. She’s barely mentioned any other strain once, but she’s always going on about the Carnival. She sounds a lot like you actually. :laughtwo:

I just dropped a Carnival seed last night! My wife is always on the lookout for uppy happy weed, and when I found a Carnival seed available in a swap, I jumped at the chance. We'll see if it grows :).

Amy sent me here to share, so I'll keep y'all posted along the way.

:thanks: Sue for another place to hang out!

My pleasure Shed. :laughtwo: We call it “the good stuff” for good reason. Your wife will be pleased. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks to @beez0404 and @MagicJim I’ve gained a whole new perspective on hybrids and different terpene blends. That means that although the brownies have Carnival oils there’ve been days on end that I haven’t reached for Carn as a combustible.

Every time I shift back it feels like coming home. :green_heart:

I think I’ll keep going and make it a Carnival day.

Now the fun begins Shed. :high-five: She looks ready to show off. :slide:

How big you planning on letting her get?

Sue asked me to post my feelings on Carnival here. This is from the Cannabis Dust thread:

I was just thinking that maybe it's the strain that's the problem with my dust. It's Carnival dust and I have a hard time knowing when I'm high with Carnival because I feel so alert with it and I can still think. It's such a strange high. I've decided it's the one I'm going to take when I get brave enough to go out in the world high. :battingeyelashes:

So, because it's Carnival I'm high on right now along with the hash and Dark Devil, I was going to make some Raspberry Cough dust to see if that strain worked better for me but it's not decarbed and Felonious is about to put pork chops in the oven so that means I can't make it tonight.

But, that's the interesting thing about Carnival, it makes me want to move and do stuff and that's something that's very rare in my life. I cleaned for 2 hours on the Carnival dust I had last time and it was fun. I cranked up the tunes and got lots done. So, I think the Carnival dust does work for me but I just don't realise it. It's so much easier to take than the huge number of capsules I have to take for a similar high, not to mention so easy to mix in with whatever I'm eating.

Cheating my way into the thread a little... this is a grafted plant I’m flowering. Clockwise from my left foot - Carnival, Peyote Purple, Chocolate Mint OG, Durple Pream.
The colours haven’t turned out the way I was hoping- it just looks like two plants instead of the rainbow effect I was going for. They may change more over the next week though.
:)

Back
Top Bottom