Casey Jones 2021

slimm

I bought several packs of Head Seeds Casey Jones in 2007 from Seedbay auctions. Over the years I have grown a few (~6) at a time. Always my favorite smoke. About 2010 I selected and grew out a stinky male with great structure. Pollinated one of the choicest females and ended up with a few hundred beans from that effort. I have grown those and they are true to the lineage.

I currently have two mothers in maintenance and growing out some for consumption. Two phenos in the current grow. One is pretty standard for the strain. Medium width blades, red stems, smells fruity with a strong skunky fuel smell. The other pheno is one I have not seen before. Narrower, sativa like leaves and big flower tops. She smells like rotting melons at 5 weeks into flower with no hint of fuel or skunkiness - very excited to see where this goes. I have never grown full on sativas, always hybrids. Another notable difference with the sativa leaning phenotype is that she is not getting frosty like her more hybrid leaning sisters.

You are right my friend - Casey Jones is like no other weed and I love it. So fear not - someone has been working to keep the strain alive. I am skeptical of the off brand CJ seeds I have seen out there. I am currently maintaining two mothers and am dedicated to this strain and have plans to continue its lineage. Will start up a grow thread and throw a few posts up when I have some spare time. Here are a couple photos for now.

The sativa phenotype is being grown indoors under Timber lights and has really done well save for an aphid infestation that the lady birds have helped eradicate. Unfortunately the hybrid phenos did not do as well under natural conditions so its hard to compare the two.

5A6C30C5-BBEA-4F14-8E82-F21956693F14.jpeg

E02EE323-5DD8-4ACA-9560-82A7AE3FFE27.jpeg

CA07677B-811F-4B69-B4DD-DB8F4A6A17D9.jpeg

57DA42F6-CD16-4EEC-9F9A-7E099688652E.jpeg

057A62B1-2F23-4C9C-B80C-66F7943F31B3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom