CBD enthusiast new to forum. Howdy!

Primal

420 Member
Hello all! I just found this forum today by googling “cannabis oil instant pot”. Boy, did I hit the jackpot! So much geeking out over decarboxylation, lecithin, temperatures, time, methods.... I’m in heaven!

So, an introduction... I’m an herbalist and nurse who started a CBD business about a year ago. I make CBD oil (drops and rubs) myself from scratch with Vermont-grown hemp flower infused into coconut oil or MCT coconut oil. I’ve done tons of reading, experimenting, and testing. I wish testing was less expensive - I would like to do LOTS more testing!

I got into the world of CBD because my teenage daughter was struggling with pretty serious mental health issues. I was FLOORED by the difference CBD made. We tried several brands, and she settled on 4 Corners Cannabis - very effective, but very expensive. High-CBD hemp was not yet available for me to try to make my own, but as soon as I could get my hands on some a year or so later, I started figuring out how to make it at home. I’ve been an herbalist for 25+ years, so I’m used to making medicines. Thankfully, my homemade oil worked just as well as the 4 Corners Cannabis!

I was so impressed that I started making CBD oil for friends and family, and things kind of took off. I tried to talk myself out of starting a business because it’s such a rapidly shifting scene, but I just felt compelled to go for it.

I sell at my local farmers market (in Vermont), online, and at several stores and chiropractor’s offices. It’s been challenging figuring out the business aspects, and a lot of it pushes the edges of my comfort zone, but I love doing this work! The best part is hearing customers rave about my products. It’s so gratifying that something I made with my own hands has had a huge impact on someone’s quality of life.

Anyway... I’m glad to have found this forum, and am looking forward to learning and sharing experiences and information!

Hello all! I just found this forum today by googling “cannabis oil instant pot”. Boy, did I hit the jackpot! So much geeking out over decarboxylation, lecithin, temperatures, time, methods.... I’m in heaven!

So, an introduction... I’m an herbalist and nurse who started a CBD business about a year ago. I make CBD oil (drops and rubs) myself from scratch with Vermont-grown hemp flower infused into coconut oil or MCT coconut oil. I’ve done tons of reading, experimenting, and testing. I wish testing was less expensive - I would like to do LOTS more testing!

I got into the world of CBD because my teenage daughter was struggling with pretty serious mental health issues. I was FLOORED by the difference CBD made. We tried several brands, and she settled on 4 Corners Cannabis - very effective, but very expensive. High-CBD hemp was not yet available for me to try to make my own, but as soon as I could get my hands on some a year or so later, I started figuring out how to make it at home. I’ve been an herbalist for 25+ years, so I’m used to making medicines. Thankfully, my homemade oil worked just as well as the 4 Corners Cannabis!

I was so impressed that I started making CBD oil for friends and family, and things kind of took off. I tried to talk myself out of starting a business because it’s such a rapidly shifting scene, but I just felt compelled to go for it.

I sell at my local farmers market (in Vermont), online, and at several stores and chiropractor’s offices. It’s been challenging figuring out the business aspects, and a lot of it pushes the edges of my comfort zone, but I love doing this work! The best part is hearing customers rave about my products. It’s so gratifying that something I made with my own hands has had a huge impact on someone’s quality of life.

Anyway... I’m glad to have found this forum, and am looking forward to learning and sharing experiences and information!
Welcome Primal. I spent lots of time visiting Burke Hollow many moons ago when the VT Green was not like it is today. Glad to see you found good info!

I am a cbd enthusiast as well
Still trying to find the best strain for me
Some work some state no thc but it depends on the seed and the breeder
Good luck with your business :yummy:

Welcome @Primal we got lots of mad weed scientists around here! You thinking of growing your raw material?

Thanks! I grew a couple of plants (Ceiba) this year. I live right in town so I don’t have much space. I had one plant in a grow bag that I brought with me to the farmers market every week - it drew a lot of attention to my booth! But someone stole it out of my driveway in the fall. They were probably pretty disappointed when they smoked it and realized it was just hemp! :rolleyes:

Burke Hollow! That’s right up the road from me. My PO box was in East Burke for 16 years till we moved to town. Small world!
I used to crash in the home that was also the library. On the river near an old mill. Lyn was his first name. Gods country! That was almost 50 yrs ago so changes have been made I bet. My friend Becky bought the Mill back when too. Seems like ages ago. I walked through some fields of green near there. Pete and his brother had a good grow going. Ha memories! Be well Primal, Merry Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom