Cellargardener Hydro DIY EBBnFLO Grow Journal Started July 25th- 2010

looking good..

a slight breeze will help strengthen the stems,, a slight breeze,, just barely enough to make the leaves twitch a tiny bit... if you don't have a circulation fan going already that is..

:goodluck:

If I were you I would put the sprouts further down in the hydroton. Doing that will fix your lengthy problem. The stem that you put down in the hydroton will turn into root matter just like if you cloned a plant.

Doing that will be a lot easier then trying to strengthen the stems. I've done it a number of times if I stretched a seedling on accident. Good luck man!
Great minds think alike, I did that about 2 hours ago! Thank you very much was getting lonely on here :)

Wow! Alot of real nice first grows goin on. N urs is no exception J:bravo: Makes me feel like maybe I could have planned a bit more on my grow. But its off and runnin n no turnin bak now haha. Waitin to get mine half as well done as urs. But ill be watchin. My first grow n hydro as well so Im along for the ride. Good luck

Wow! Alot of real nice first grows goin on. N urs is no exception J:bravo: Makes me feel like maybe I could have planned a bit more on my grow. But its off and runnin n no turnin bak now haha. Waitin to get mine half as well done as urs. But ill be watchin. My first grow n hydro as well so Im along for the ride. Good luck

thanks man I watched a couple of irishboy's grows and thought I would give it a shot so far it has been a lot of fun.

Getting nervous had trouble sleeping my wife and I are going outta town for a few days and have tonight to get the kinks worked out of the ebb n flo system. I am getting more hydroton this weekend but need more for the tub the water sprays outta there like a fountain unless more hydroton is over the hole. I am going to place a heavy coffee cup over the spray and see if that stays in place till I get back with more. the closest hydro store is so far away and shipping on the hydroton is crazy. I also moved the light back up a bit as the leaves looked a little strange. they all seem to have a bend in them the best picture I was able to get is not very good but if someone can recognize the possible problem I would love to know what it is.
IMG_29371.JPG

can you guys see the bent leaves ( the same pic in my gallery opens larger for some reason)also this was the spraying accident with the ebb n flo I need about 5 more inches of hydroton that I will pick up Friday afternoon but won't be back home till Sunday afternoon.

good news is the environment seems to be in a good place.
IMG_29391.JPG

Hey again,

If your leafs are getting twisty id be sure to check the pH. Sounds like you have a nice pH monitor but just double check things. I think you said your at 6.5? Drop your pH down to about 5.7-5.8, that will only help your cause running ebb n flow.

Other then that every thing looks good! Not to much you can do when you leave town other then make sure everything is perfect before you leave.

Ok picture time after a long 2 1/2 day weekend I got back to the girls and they are alive!! I adjusted the ph but this ph meter is what I have for now
2010-08-09_06_06_47.jpg
a Hanna Instruments HI 98107, pHep pH Tester is on order and will be here soon.

Here are the girls they look a little funny but I just got the pH adjusted and they had two drinks once last night and once this morning so I assume it will take a bit to see some improvements. When I get home at 4:30 I will check them and the pH again.
2010-08-09_06_06_01.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_55.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_49.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_43.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_38.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_32.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_25.jpg

2010-08-09_06_05_18.jpg

2010-08-09_06_04_51.jpg

I also read that during this stage I still want higher humidity my temps range from 72 -75 so I want the RH to be in the upper 60's is that correct?
2010-08-09_06_06_23.jpg

I turned of the dehumidifier for now and lowered the exhaust fan speed and will see what the RH is when I get home after work.

Cool man that confirms what I read somewhere. I have been reading so much hard to remember where I read what info but at least I seem to be absorbing the info! Thanks for the help.

yup... my brain is fired as well...lol

I hear neem is good (I use it indoors),, goto the pest-problem forums,, in the faq forum, and ask/post pics there,, you will get lots of help.. :goodluck:

some updated pics.
IMG_29772.JPG

IMG_29762.JPG

IMG_29753.JPG
I cut the damaged looking parts off of this poor lemon skunk.
Here is a group photo
IMG_29742.JPG
I have the PH under control now I think, will know better when my hanna meter gets here. I added more water to the res I mixed the nutes and water and adjusted the ph and used a paint mixer and drill, that Irishboy showed the other day, in a 5 gallon bucket and then added that to my res. My RH is still a little lower than I want but the humidity here is gonna go way up so will try and use that to my advantage.

Back
Top Bottom