First ever attempt at Hydro

Fatnugz

Well this is basically what im working with.

10 gallon reservoir holding 6 gallons of clean water ( PH is about 5.6 )
2/ 10 inch air stones with dual-valve air pump
185gph water pump feeding drip system
2 bright white cfl 3500k 1500 lumen per bulb
1 day light cfl 5500k 1300 lumen per bulb ( adding more soon )

lights run on a 18/2 schedule
drip system runs 24/7
because the roots have already reached the oxygenated water beneath them i have no worry of drowning them with a constant drip.

the nutes i have and are currently NOT using are B.C. Grow for vegi and B.C. Bloom for Flowering... i used too much B.C. Grow and experienced the beginning stages of nute burn and immediately flushed with fresh water and cleared that problem right up.

Noticed droopy leaves on the day of pruning the older girl simply raised the lights-

day25-12.jpg

the next day after pruning and raising the lights-

day26-1.jpg

day26-2.jpg

roots18.jpg

roots24.jpg

any feedback would be great, i have never grown hydro before and any help on my journey would be greatly appreciated.

Just an update these were taken just before bed time for the girls

this is day after pruning, showing good signs of handling the stress

Picture0077.jpg

and my youngin looking pretty
Picture0069.jpg

all signs of nute burn have cleared and the leaves are no longer droopy

Nice setup man.

You should get some Y adapters and get double to triple the bulbs in there. The one thing about CFL's is that you need a ton of them to be effective. They will not grow very well compared to a HID with little CF lighting.

Also a ring dripper would give you a more even spread on the top of the roots. Just a thought... ;)

Lookin good man I'll stay tuned...

Unless you have heat issues, you should be able to put those CFLs a lot closer... take a look at my grow... I have a similar DWC setup. I think 6 gallons is about perfect... any more is a pain to change and wastes neuts.

I'd reccomend looking at home depot for some low powered HIDs to help come flowering time... or at least a few more 2700K 67 watt CFLs.

Unless you have heat issues, you should be able to put those CFLs a lot closer... take a look at my grow... I have a similar DWC setup. I think 6 gallons is about perfect... any more is a pain to change and wastes neuts.

I'd reccomend looking at home depot for some low powered HIDs to help come flowering time... or at least a few more 2700K 67 watt CFLs.

ill be using the ( 300 watt equiv. cfl for flowering ) 2700k 4400 lumens per bulb ....like 3 of them'

and ill lower them just a bit..but they seem to like them where they are or they start to droop and curl

ill be using the ( 300 watt equiv. cfl for flowering ) 2700k 4400 lumens per bulb ....like 3 of them'

and ill lower them just a bit..but they seem to like them where they are or they start to droop and curl

wonder why... my plants seem fine unless they actually touch the bulb, and I'm using the 4200 lumen 2700K CFLs. What's your temp?

Nice setup man.

You should get some Y adapters and get double to triple the bulbs in there. The one thing about CFL's is that you need a ton of them to be effective. They will not grow very well compared to a HID with little CF lighting.

Also a ring dripper would give you a more even spread on the top of the roots. Just a thought... ;)

Lookin good man I'll stay tuned...

S60022102.jpg

i keep mine about 3 in away from the top foilage. cfl's work extreamly well for veg stage i would strongly recomend a hps for flower otherwise u will be missing out on big fat dense buds..

Re: First ever attempt at Hydro DWC

Another update for the day.

**added the ring drippers for the girls.

10 gallon reservoir holding 6 gallons of clean water ( PH is about 5.7 today )

- two bright white cfl 27 watt 3500K 1500 lumen per bulb
- two warm white cfl 42 watt 2700 lumens per bulb

veggi003.jpg

veggi001-1.jpg

veggi008.jpg

Nice looking roots!
I noticed you're in an attic. What are the temps in the grow space?
Good job so far.
Good luck!

Im not quite sure what the temp is indoors probably a few degrees warmer than it is outside...if i had to guess id say in the mid 70's water temp i keep around 65

im going to get a stand alone ac unit also to regulate temperature a little better
and ill also get a correct temperature for you soon

Re: First ever attempt at Hydro DWC

Another update for the day.

10 gallon reservoir holding 4 gallons of clean water ( PH is about 5.5 today )

- two bright white cfl 27 watt 3500K 1500 lumen per bulb
- two warm white cfl 42 watt 2700 lumens per bulb

Im using B.C. Grow and B.C. bloom as my nutes for this grow.
because its a chemical nute i haven't used any yet.

drip system still runs 24/7 and the lights are still on 18/6

** Changed the water this morning so a few of the pic are actually in the flush tank.

** thought yall might find this first pic pretty cool ...i did haha

april1.jpg

april.jpg

april2.jpg

april3.jpg

april4.jpg

april5.jpg

:cheer:

i did experience o-zone damage on some of the older leaves, needless to say i quit smoking a bowl when i checked on them in the morning and it stopped haha.

Back
Top Bottom