Cellargardener Hydro DIY EBBnFLO Grow Journal Started July 25th- 2010

Nice info Herb, Roseman comes with the goods. I don't like to chase ph myself, never knew it was actually a good thing not to. Thought I was just being lazy. Seems to me like Lucas ratios seem to keep ph nice and stable without heavy fluctuations. I think adding too much stuff and then not doing it in the right order could be the cause of alot of peoples ph problems.

Here is an update, I tried from home last night but my cell connection wouldn't let me upload the pics. I think I may have a lighting dilemma... I have the jumbo illuminator 180 and a 90 UFO(also a cheap 225watt ( my ass) light brite panel I got on ebay for .96 cents LOL) I also have a T5 that is a 2 ft 4 tube fixture and 2 cheap grow lights from walmart. The plants are getting crowded already and was wanting to get them a bit taller before flowering. I also am gonna scrog them. should I pull three of them and put them into the other ebb n flo system I have and will I have enough light to flower all of them? money is a little tight right now so not looking forward to buying more LEDs right now. The Spectra LED 180 is $499.99. Another option I am considering is move the three smallest plants to the other EnF sys and just veg them under the T5 and treat them like mom's till I have more leds?? Any thoughts from the pros here?
aug_23_8.JPG

aug_23_7.JPG

aug_23_6.JPG

aug_23_5.JPG

aug_23_4.JPG

aug_23_3.JPG

aug_23_21.JPG

aug_23_1.JPG

aug_231.JPG

I could try a SOG for my first grow till I have enough money for more leds. My new grow room should be done before they are ready to flower and I will have a lot of vertical space to let them grow up... I know I need more lights maybe a 600watt HID. HTGsupply has a nice looking Digital 600 watt HPS GROW LIGHT 600w 6" AIR COOLED HOOD on ebay for $264.95 with free shipping???

I'm no pro, just want to share my thoughts from my little experience. I think you should def consider pulling a couple and making mamas. Always good to have a mama or two for continuous grows and cloning practice. You think things are crowded now, wait til they stretch during flower. And they don't just stretch upward is what I learned. 0.96 cents for a led panel!! That is cheap!! Might want to try it by itself n see if it even grows anything. Sounds sketchy. Anyway, nice job bro you are looking good. Can't wait to see your flowering and new grow space. +reps for you bro. Peace!

I'm no pro, just want to share my thoughts from my little experience. I think you should def consider pulling a couple and making mamas. Always good to have a mama or two for continuous grows and cloning practice. You think things are crowded now, wait til they stretch during flower. And they don't just stretch upward is what I learned. 0.96 cents for a led panel!! That is cheap!! Might want to try it by itself n see if it even grows anything. Sounds sketchy. Anyway, nice job bro you are looking good. Can't wait to see your flowering and new grow space. +reps for you bro. Peace!

That 96 cent panel is a toy and I thought it would be crappy but it was a buck lol!!

I have been thinking about it all day at work and trying to not waste any plants or space. leaning towards the 600 watt hps system
# 100% BRAND NEW!
# 600 watt HPS/MH Digital Greenhouse Electronic Ballast.
# EURO 6" Inline Air Coolable Reflector
# HTGSupply Brand High Output 95,000 Lumen 600 watt High Pressure Sodium Lamp/Bulb
# 15' Universal Socket Cord Set

For $265 that would give me enough light to get the job done combined with my 250 watt of leds. Or I could put three under the T5 and veg them longer and work on my cloning technique. I should not have sprouted all the seeds at once and gotten a grow under my belt till I knew what I was doing LMAO now I have 6 plants going maybe 2 weeks till ready to flower to figure out what I am gonna do with them all. I have more than enough room just need more light. Mike at Spectra if ya need another tester I am MORE than willing LOL!This is all a good learning experience start small and KISS but NOOooooooo I gotta jump in the deep end feet first. Oh and man the smell is awesome!!!

Damn it took me over 16 hours to get that last post to take! 420 kept timing out on me and failing to post. anyone else get that problem? Anyway while I was having my problems posting I went and bought that 600watt light system and it should be here in a few days. the girls are growing almost an inch or two a day now that I have the PH and ppm at good levels!

If it was me I would go with the HPS, as you bulid your 10x20 room you can add 3 more for more points of lights, looking good so far.
br

I would not veg. then very long ,the sodium will make them stretch at least 2-3 times they are now, in 10 days to two weeks, and then will have to start changing the res. the plants will eat at least a gal. of water a day so the nuts. get used up and the solution get full of plant waste.
br

I would not veg. then very long ,the sodium will make them stretch at least 2-3 times they are now, in 10 days to two weeks, and then will have to start changing the res. the plants will eat at least a gal. of water a day so the nuts. get used up and the solution get full of plant waste.
br
Thanks for the heads up I will veg till the light gets here then go to flower when they get a bit taller the tallest one is getting close to 9 inches tall was hoping for get to 12 inches then scrog them.

wow,, they grew up fast,,, good job,,

225wat led.. lightbrite? wasn't that a toy way back when? you stuck the little pegs into the holes to make them light up and make pictures... hehe,, lightbrite... :rofl:

:yahoo: on your HPS purchase,,, I think it will help you alot. Definately make a mom,,

Man I think I am getting a good grip on this hydro stuff because my girls are growing well like weeds!! LOL Here are some picks. it was getting real crowded in the one tray so I assembled my other one and separated them. My 600watt light will be here tomorrow. ok pics...
aug_25.JPG

Starting some LST before I get them under the scrog trying to hold off on the scrog till I get them moved into there new home.
aug_25_9.JPG

aug_25_8.JPG

Separated the girls and have three in each tray now
aug_25_7.JPG

aug_25_6.JPG

before LST
aug_25_5.JPG

New home and under the T5 for now
aug_25_4.JPG

the crowded tray before moving some
aug_25_3.JPG

Making the new home