Sukafr33's Second Indoor Soil Grow

I feel your pain. I have 4 Darkstar seedlings (well 3 weeks old) that are from regular seeds. I'm waiting for them to show so I can toss the boys and keep the best girl for a mom. All of my current moms showed their sex at about 4 weeks, but they were all femmed seeds and all turned out to female (I've heard that sometimes a femmed seed can go male). My last seed order was all femmed seeds, but some of the freebies were regular, so I too am playing the waiting game.

i ve tried topped on a couple of plants. it was taking the plants longer to grow because streesed them too much. one went hermi. so i just use the tie down method. im sure someone can give more info on topping. im sure i wasnt doing it right either. i think youve topped enough. but i dont know if you are supposed to keep topping. i thought it was to make 2 larger colas on top of the plant by cutting they main top then it forms two.:goodluck:

@sully,
You can top multiple times and end up with a lot of tops. That's what you are basically doing when you take clones. My mother plants are crazy looking bushes that I keep pruned by topping and lopping every 4-5 days. Although I don't think I would top more than once on an LST plant, just veg it out long enough to make it look like the diagram on page 9 (good diagram Cross1420). Topping multiple times is more for a SCROG type grow, or if you want one massive bush.

well in the beggining i was topping every branch i seen, the more you top the more tops you get, and if it turns out good in the long run i'll prolly top and fim from here on out, and my lst'ed one im just gonna let it go, i haven't topped it becasue i want it to grow straight and not branch out like that rest, that way i only have 1 main stem to tie down and that way its easier to wrap around the rim of the pot.. and im definitely inpatient when it comes time for the plants to show their sex, and i hate it, so yea i wish they would come the hell on lol, and im wonderin if i wanna go ahead and put them in 12/12 because they are startin to get big and i dont want them to out grow the cab before they even start to flower, know what i mean... i cant wait, its like christmas when you find out, you either got what you want or dont get what you want, and rite now im hopin i was a good boy and that i get what i want lol, im sorry i haven't smoked yet this morning so im off balanced today, theres such a drought where im at, so its hard at the moment to find anything, its either poop that smells like dish soap or its really good shit that cost a furtune so rite now i dont have shit so im takin it kinda hard lol, but i have a this big ass peice of resin that weighs an ounce from when i cleaned my steam roller, so i might chop off a piece of that untill i get somethin, yea i know its nasty but thats all i have, so its gonna have to do for now, yea it gets the job done alittle bit but i cant stand smokin that shit, its a pain in the damn ass, but hey its all i got so i gotta do with what i got, unless somebody has a time machine and can bring me some lol, yea rite i wish.. :tokin:

Nice. I'll take a seat.

Kat

Suka nice job so far on you girls
35 tops... damn brother good luck keeping that under control in flowering!
caught my interest for sure!
peace brother

so i got alittle update and a couple pics, so since my ac has gottin fixed the plants have went crazy, in the past 7 days they have shot straight up, so i topped them again so they dont get much taller, because they pretty much have takin over the whole cab, so im pretty happy about that, compared to my last grow you can definitely tell i have learned a hell of alot!!! and i still haven't found out any sex yet, so im hopin since they haven't showed any balls on them that they are gonna end up bein females, fingers definitely crossed...what do you guys think, do you think they still have a chance of bein males?? other then that i cant really complain, the temps are stayin between 68-74, and thats good for me... so heres a couple pics of them, compare these pics with the last pics that i took and look at the difference in just them couple days, Temps definitely make a big deal and make a big difference :tokin:
we'll start with the lst'ed plant first..tops growin like crazy!!
102_0014.JPG

102_00151.JPG

102_00161.JPG

and heres my other 3 bushes, cant wait to see when they start buddin!!!
heres the first one..
102_0019.JPG

102_0021.JPG

this is the second one..
102_0036.JPG

102_0028.JPG

and this is the third one..
102_0026.JPG

102_0033.JPG

let me know what you guys think..thanks :tokin:

I also meant to mention that i recounted and the 35 top quote is alittle to much now that i count them, i should have waited until they got alittle older to start countin tops, but dont get me wrong they still have a shit load of tops on all of them!!! but like i said i cant wait till the buds start poppin off!!!! :) cant wait cant wait cant wait!!!! :) :tokin: :)

thanks man, i appreciate it, their startin to take over the entire iside of the cab. cant wait to see what i get from this, because i got a nice little bit from the last grow and they were nowhere near as big as these ones, so yea i definitely cant wait to see how these produce, plus with the SSU, who knows might get a contest contender!!! but i dont wanna jinx myself yet, so we'll just have to see what happens, hopin its gonna be a good one!!! :tokin:

Wow those ladies are looking great Sukafree!!!!! The lst and topping really seems to be branching them out nicely, how much room do you have vertically in your grow area?

thats funny cause i just took some pics of them in the cab, compared to my last grow you can really tell i've learned alot, between grow bibles 1 and 2 and this site, theres everything you could think of about growing this plant, but yea heres a couple pics of them in the cab, or like i been sayin, a couple pics of them takin over the cab lol, plus i still have another 6 inches that i can lower then so im good on space between the light, so here they are let me know what you guys think, thanks..
102_0076.JPG

102_0085.JPG

102_0090.JPG

102_00911.JPG

i baught this stereo cabinet from a thrift store for $30, rite when i seen it the idea popped in my head rite away,i think it cost me around $120 to build the whole thing,the details are in my first grow, and yes i flower with the same cfls that i veg with, i've read that if you use a bulb with 3300 lumens that it will work for both, and as you can see from my first grow and start of the second that these bulbs work damn good for both vegging and flowering, so from my exspeirence i think im gonna stick with these bulbs, plus they only cost like $4 a bulb and they do just as good as them big expensive lights do..so im definitely sold on them..if you read back in this journal you'll find some good cfl charts that will help you out with them..and thanks for joinin my grow, hope it helps you out with anything you might need help with.. :tokin:

now that i look at the pics i bet a scrog would go good in this cab, if i didn't lst the one plant in the back right corner the whole cab would prolly be completely filled, i think next grow im gonna give it a try..maybe i'll start buildin it now though..im kinda have some regrets on how i grew the lst'ed on, i definitely could have done better, hopefully it proves me wrong, one thing that im happy about it is that all the branches are stickin straight up!!! so yea hopefully it proves me wrong, i was just hopin it looked like the diagram, oh well we'll see.. :tokin:

Hey Free, just read through your journal, had to skip about 4 pages because I was reading it on lunch break, but everything is looking good. I would deffinately start the 12/12 now, remember that these things are gonna grow 3x their size in flower, so it will be hard to control in your cab. This will also show their sex, since they don't really show until then. Great job on the construction of that cab bro, I could use someone like you on my jobsites, think you would be a great carpenter or engineer. The LST looks great too and good job on the top and fims. Try and keep temps below 88 if possible. I've never done the CFL thing but after seeing so many great results on :420: I am deffinately gonna give it a whirl soon. I think guys like us are gonna show people the actual simplicity of growing MMJ, and that anyone could do it with a little patience and research. I see great things for you in the future my friend. One thing I would suggest for the cab is a wazy to keep the plants within 2-3 inches from the cfl's, whether you move the lights or have something to set the plants on. Stay green and God bless my friend!!!:peace::Namaste:

xbox- no no no, dude you wanna keep them atleast 10-12 inches away, trust me you dont want them to burn your plants, plus all that heat is too much for the plants, if you move them away to like a 10inches they will grow like crazy, and that way they have room in between the lights and the plants for all that heat to go, but this is just my opinion and as you can see from my grow it works perfectly fine, you dont need to have the light rite on top of them for them to grow, i think im gonna lower mines down more today, i dont like them to be all heat stressed and shit, some people say its good to have the plants as close as you cant get them, and i think its best to give them some room, you do the math and you tell me what you think from what you see..and about flowering, i wish i could believe me, the damn things still havent showed any sign of sex yet, i think i might have 2 females so far but not really sure, and i dont wanna stick them into 12/12 yet if their not ready, thats another way to stress your plants out, and it also messes your yield up and doesn't give you as much.. so im hopin they show within the next week or so, if not i think im gonna have to chop'em down some, i really really dont want to but if they dont come on and hurry up i just might have too that way their not on top of the lights, i'll guess we'll have to wait and see, what do you guys think??? :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom