Sukafr33's Second Indoor Soil Grow

yea im startin to like them,cause if you say the water runs down the side and the video says the roots connect their selfs to the inside of the sides so thats definitely a good thing!! i think i might have to give it a try next grow and see how it goes.. what do you think, do you think they are better then regular plastic pots??

Water can run down the sides but always collected at the bottom. I always watered to 10% to 20% runoff...

Also depends on the drainage of your medium..

:Namaste:

Suka...your plants look really healthy..nice work. Love the indica strains..
Thanks G fan.
Ok so I need something to set em in. My next question is they advertise a 5 gal smart pot being 12x10. Thats alot smaller than my 5 gal buckets. Why?

Suka,
Looking good. My best looking plants in veg turned out to be males. The worst and smallest is the one I LST'd and it turned out to be my best. Dont give up on that lil one ywt.

thanks inda, but yea like i said i'm just gonna keep it and see what happens, because like you said it can be the shittiest plant in the beggining and turn out to be the best plant, like you it happened to me in my first grow aswell.. but yea we'll see what happens hopefully i get a couple females, even if i get one i'll be happy, because then i'll just chop it up and make clones out of her, might take longer in the long run but if i want a bigger yeild thats what im gonna have to do, so that'll be a first for me aswell, never did the clone thing but i definitely been thinkin about it, specially i have 2 different kinds of clone gel to try out, i got some from Hydroponixs and some from technaflora and their both suppose to be really good so i shouldn't have any problems learning how to do it myself, just gotta get some jiffy cubes or whatever and maybe a big humidity dome, im pretty sure thats what i need to get it done, i guess all i can do is try rite.. well until then fingers crossed for females!!!! and GF have you heard of the medium that im usin?? stuff is really really good, its got all the good shit in it, the name and description is on the first page, take a look and let me know what you think, and thanks fellas!!! :tokin:

Thanks G fan.
Ok so I need something to set em in. My next question is they advertise a 5 gal smart pot being 12x10. Thats alot smaller than my 5 gal buckets. Why?

Suka,
Looking good. My best looking plants in veg turned out to be males. The worst and smallest is the one I LST'd and it turned out to be my best. Dont give up on that lil one ywt.

Dunno...I used 3 gallon smartpots in my grow and I could've gone smaller to 2 gallons.

thanks man. yea everyone is strung out on pain killers. they think thats the only road to go down and the solution to their pain. all it does is hide the pain temporarily. you need to feel your pain so you dont overwork yourself, then more pain and more pain killers. i went through it. morphine for a year after surgery, and dilaudid. i got weined off a little. then just quit. horrible withrawals for 4-5 weeks afterward. and yes it was effecting my relationship with my wife and kids. i was totally addicted. but its over now.
after going through those kinda withdrawls. i said to myself. thank god.
i was cutting down trees in the back yard w/ a chain saw. on morphine. because i couldnt feel anything. but when the morphine wore off id be in so much pain i would triple my dose.
i never took any pain medication before my surgery and fell in love w/ it.
but im on the right road now. that was the past. i have good days and bad days like anyone else. but its how you deal with it that matters.
i take gabbapentin which is to prevent the pain from migrating down my leg and hip. its non narcotic. and i usually forget to take it at night cause i fall asleep after a few bong hits of master kush.:) ill be talking to you bro.
did you get my e-mail address? varity pack. no problem. i think i kindda overdid it with ordering seeds.
i gotta order a grow tent now. for all the seedlings and eventually clones which igive to a couple of cancer patients. around my way.

I feel for you buddy, this sounds like a really rough road you've traveled and are traveling. I've taken gabapentin, and it gave me bad dreams. No thanks! It did help me some, though. Made my feet tingle sometimes, too.

:goodluck: to you brother!

and is it true that you can grow bigger plants in smaller pots??

Well here's the thing....

I had 3 gallon pots which, due to ignorance, I didn't "water settle" before I put my clones in.

While the pots looked full, they weren't settled so I ended up with about 2.25 gallons of soil in the pots.

I think you should leave a little space between the top of the soil and the top of the pot, I had too much.

I didn't give much thought to this until after I harvested and looked at the root balls...

They, due to the air pruning feature, weren't swirled around the pot but were a nice neat clump and not huge. From that I clearly saw that I could've gone to 2 gallon pots instead of 3 gallon...

I won't go to 2 gallon pots though as I won't save that much space and I want the plants to have as much room as they need above the soil.

For me, the minimum pot size for my growing needs will be 3 gallon unless I decide to do what 420fied is doing.

My needs just aren't such that I need a pound of meds though so I don't see that happening although I will say that his method is just amazing to me.

xlr8- thats gotta be some nasty medicine, and thanks for the kind words, there are lookin really nice but the heat is takin alittle toll on them, might not be able to see it in the pics but in person you can really tell.

GF- i thought with the smart pot that the roots dont go in a circle around the edges of the pots, it said that they connect to the side which makes it better in some way..

Gabepentin makes up 12 of the 48 pills I take a day. I also have an internal morphine/bachlofen pump that pumps directly into my spinal cord. Luckily my Doctors monitor things so I dont get Buzzed by any of them. The only buzz I get is from smoking. Also smoking has enabled me to cut down from 12 loratabs a day to only 4. Sometimes less.

GF- i thought with the smart pot that the roots dont go in a circle around the edges of the pots, it said that they connect to the side which makes it better in some way..

right...they didn't...so they didn't get rootbound. That's the benefit to smartpots and airpots.

The roots emerge to the sides of the pot and then are "air" pruned so they don't grow in a swirl. They just grow laterally...

right...they didn't...so they didn't get rootbound. That's the benefit to smartpots and airpots.

The roots emerge to the sides of the pot and then are "air" pruned so they don't grow in a swirl. They just grow laterally...

Hey GF aren't you in the running for MOTM? Where do I go to vote?

I feel for you buddy, this sounds like a really rough road you've traveled and are traveling. I've taken gabapentin, and it gave me bad dreams. No thanks! It did help me some, though. Made my feet tingle sometimes, too.

:goodluck: to you brother!

yea im lucky it doesnt give me any side effects.
i do belive in some cases some patients need narcotic drugs.
but thats propbably a lower number than what doctors prescribe.
some people take it responsibly. but ive lost 4 friends in the last 3 years from overdosing. sad for the families. it was very sad.
seems like im at a wake now every 6 months now.
thanks Xlr. today i feel okay. but sunday was a tough day end taking those 800mg ibuprofin and i use a lidocaine patch. every 12 hours. keeps it numb.
good today. im having my nerves burned in my hip on 6-20. and a couple of cortizone shots around my damaged vertebraes. eventually they will freeze them permanetly. thanks bro.:peace:

thanks. i heard the recovery time is approx 3-4 weeks. but after that your completely numb. in those particular nerves. anything for a longer relief. shots last 10 days but i can only get them every 5 weeks. this should give a longer period of relief. like 10 months.
ive talk to people that have had it done. and they all are much happier w/ the result.
it just sucks after having it done for 3-4 weeks. thanks to every one for the support.
but can we get back to growing weed. im using up his journal.:thanks::thanks::)

im afraid of the 3 to 4 weeks of pain.
i get really short tempered, angry, and usually get depressed. they wont give me anything narcotic for pain. which is good. anti inflamatory medication called indolac.
gabbapentin and lots of weed to keed me hungry. that indolac does a number on your stomach. so i need to eat.
when my pain level is very high my cat doesnt even wanna be around me.
i dont even wanna be around me.:)
thanks bro

still waiting for some papya.

Back
Top Bottom