Sukafr33's Second Indoor Soil Grow

GT- thanks bro for comin through, i appreciate it, and thanks for all the kind words and for the help, but yea the temps are good now since i've got the ac fixed, they stay around 70-76f at the most now, they love it, ever sice i've got it fixed they have shot straight up, compare the pics and you can definitely see the difference, its crazy!!! but yea im gonna give them about another week to show and them im gonna have to do somethin, just might have to take some clones or somethin, i'll figure somethin out, i've read in the grow bible second edition that its not good to put them in early, before you find out sex some im gonna give them a little bit, but like i said we'll just have to see what happens.. hope ya stick around, things are only gonna get better!!! :)

Everything is looking good...I would also recommend flowering immediately, being that the 1st 2 weeks at least of 12/12, your plants will double in size...so take that into consideration when you are thinking about vegging another week, or, possibly see if you can remove the top of your grow area and raise it, because I believe these ladies are going to grow pretty large, and looks to me as only about 8" left of room in your grow area.....just my suggestion.. when I switched my plants, some of my plants went from 20" to almost 4 feet in just 2 weeks...those were I believe more sativa heavy hybrids, and my indica based hybrid jumped about 1' during the 1st 2 weeks of flowering.....

take a look at the before and after flowering shots in my journal and you will see how much they will stretch...

otherwise your doing great dude!!

Question...did you use a spray adhesive to attach the mylar to your grow area? or tape? I really like the veg box idea and want to start construction a similar setup for a veg area for a perpetual grow...great job!!

the plants look good to me... i also agree that you can start flowering if you want.
remember indicas will double in size and sativas will triple and rudalis will stay short and squat.
your plant has long made up its mind on its sex... after 3 weeks from seed a plants cellular structure is sexualy mature even if it isnt showing you.. thats why "no mercy" grows work.
also on the lights after 6 inches away from the bulb you begin to lose penetration of the lumens there is always that optimum range.. i myself chose to keep them around 3 inches and deal with moving the light bar a little every day.
bottom line your plants look great bro keep it up and check out my link if u want to check out a cfl no mercy grow. only takes 2 1/2 months start to finish and has great results

Question...did you use a spray adhesive to attach the mylar to your grow area? or tape? I really like the veg box idea and want to start construction a similar setup for a veg area for a perpetual grow...great job!!

no its like a padding adhesive, its made for wrapping around your duct work, baught it at HD, you just pull the plastic off the back and stick it to what you want, works great.. and i have a good foot and half left between my lights and plants so i should be good, fingers crossed, i also do my flowering in this cab, everything that i use for veg i use for flowering, and as you can see it does a damn good job, and thanks for the good info, honestly i dont even know what pheno they are, what do you guys think they are?? :tokin:

so you guys think its cool to put them in 12/12 and it wont stress them?? i actually just lowered them tonight but i think i want to put them back up again so they dont stretch anymore then what they are..and im definitely gonna check you guys out and thanks to both of you for the good info, i appreciate it, thanks!!!! :tokin:

so instead of talkin about it i just went and got it over with, so hopefully that will keep them from stretchin alittle, and i think i'll just go ahead and throw them in 12/12, do you guys think if they were males they would have shown already?? let me know what you guys think.. :tokin:

they can show before thrown in to flowering but normaly you see it after.
you will still have some stretch in the first two weeks of 12/12 thats when they will double. once your past that you can just about set your lights and wont have to move them.
as for stress switching in to 12/12 its less stress than topping or even LST.
you should see signs with in a few days

Suka,
Chances are still the same that they are male. 50/50. Although there are unknown variables her as well. Since they were bag seed, you don't know if they were self-pollinated, or pollinated from a male plant. Unless you know the grower and they can tell you if the plant went hermie. My last grow, I had one, single, solitary seed--that was it. It just showed up. I searched for male flowers and found none. Chances are close to 100% that seed is going to be femmed. It is my understanding too, that hermies produce female seeds, but with a strong tendency to display the hermie trait. If they were pollinated by a true male plant, then you're back to 50/50.

I wouldn't worry about going into 12/12. I put my clones strait into 12/12 with no veg time. If you have the means, I would take some clones off of them before you flip them to 12/12 though. Just in case one is a male, you will have clones of the females to use for the next round.

Suka,

Just wanted to stop by and drop you some good wishes & vibes. Your grow is looking great.

As far as doing the math on the light distance, you definately want those CFL's as CLOSE as possible WITHOUT heat-stressing the plants. Light decreases significantly over distance, I believe something like 50% per foot, so don't burn the plants, but do get the light close and it will also help prevent stretching.

Great job, Bro!
:goodluck:

thanks guys, i have them about 7 inches away, and yea i dont need anymore stretching, and i think im gonna go ahead and fix the timer and put them on 12/12 now, and i dont know why i didn't already, knowin that on my first grow i put 2 of them in 12/12 rite away and they were fine, so yea im gonna go ahead and put'em in and get this show on the road, and again thanks guys, i appreciate you guys stickin around and givin me help and all the kind words, thanks!!!! :thumb:

Actually, I double checked and it's not 50% per foot, but it is the "Inverse Square Rule" which basically says that:

the intensity (or illuminance or irradiance) of light or other linear waves radiating from a point source (energy per unit of area perpendicular to the source) is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source; so an object (of the same size) twice as far away, receives only one-quarter the energy (in the same time period).

So, it can be much worse than 50% per foot!

Agreed with everyone on light distance, the further away, the more stretch so that the plant can get closer to light, the closer the light is the less the stretch and shortest distance between nodes.

i think i have a chart around here somewhere that deals with the space between the lights and plants, i think its in the grow bible, i wish i knew how to make a diagram on the computer, but i dont know shit about that, lol all i know how to do is get on :420:
so heres some pics of the lst'ed one, i took pics of the tops that i tied down today, and the new growth thats goin on, it doesn't look how it should but aslong as it ends up with a shitload of tops goin around the rim of the pot is all that matters to me..
this one you can see how i got 2 tops goin oppisite ways around the rim, hopin it makes it all the way around...
102_00941.JPG

heres where i took 2 other tops and pinned them down with bong pushers, works for me.
102_0093.JPG

what do you guys think, do you think its gonna do what i want it to do??

looks great bro! good job on the lst and grats on starting the fun part!
one thing on the bible... remember it is talking about natural light or MH/HPS. there has been little to no information put together on the cfls placed in to a book.
with a HPS/MH you loose around 38% per foot.... with cfls everything i have read is after 6 inches away you have little to no lumen penetration this is y outside of that 6 inch range you will see it stretch more... check it out with a clone... have a light an inch to 3 away and than do one with it over 6 inches away.... the clone with the light close will have a better node structure than the one with it far....
i personally like the nodes to connect in to a single nug

keep up the good work bro

thanks brotha, well i measured the space between them last night and it was a little less the 6 inches so i think im good there, the only one that isn't that close is the lst'ed one and i have that pretty much as close as i can get it, plus i dont really mind a little stretch on that one, shit it might help it better, but rite now im contemplating on if i want to put them in 12/12 rite now and is it gonna be ok to do it..i know i've done it before in my first grow and it came out fine so i think tonight im gonna go ahead and fix the timer, and throw these bad boys into flower!!!! im just worried about the damn sex and if i should take like 3 clones or not, i dont know, by tonight i should have my mind made up.. let me know what you guys think... thanks ... :tokin: :)

take the clones and flip to flower.
you will know with in a few days on the sex.
you will be fine switching now eather give them 24 hrs dark and seitch or just switch.
on the lst plant if u need throw a phone book under it just to bring it to the same canopy level if u dont want the strech but ya it wont hurt it.

yea im gonna go ahead and switch, startin tonight im gonna set the timer for 12/12, but first im gonna take 2 clones from 2 of them, i went out and got a couple goodies a little bit ago, and heres some pics of what i got..
got this thanks to them!!!
102_0101.JPG

im sure you all know what these are, got a 5 pack for them little bastards!!!!
102_0100.JPG

and i got these for the clones, less then $3, made by Hydrofarm!!!
102_0099.JPG

so here we go, time for the good shit!!!! OOHH YEEAAA!!!! :) :tokin: :)

Nice score on the nutes, traps, and cloning kit. 3 bucks, thats a steal man!

Ive used those yellow traps, they work pretty well, i usually place them under the canopy and above the soil cause thats where all the gnats we're located for me. It traps a majority of them, but there's always a few that remain, but as far as i can see, they didnt do damage cept get stuck in a couple of buds LOL.

Back
Top Bottom