Christmas Buds! Mid 1990's strain: Anyone remember and know what strain?

Now Chocolate Thai was another story, actually smelled like Chocolate, stoney as hell too. That was around at the same time, was dry dry dry but still enjoyed the hell out of it.
I'm working with some CT currently... haven't gotten any phenos that are super strong chocolate but definitely one of the oddest smelling strains (autumn spices, cardboard, cigar tobacco and hints of chocolate) and the high is amazing. (amazing good uplifting feeling of wellbeing and energy, with no anxiety or thougts racing, but some of the phenos had a almost hallucinogenic type trippy feel to them)

wow an 8 year old thread taking me down memory lane. When I was a teenager growing up in southeastern Pennsylvania my best friends Aunt and Uncle used to get Christmas bud every year around November. Same exact strain every year and it was exactly how the OP described it. I used to look forward to that stuff every year and it lasted up until the late 90's and then just disappeared

Maybe Santa got busted. Sounds like that was some grown in flying reindeer dung compost stuff.
Not sure what happened to it, but it was the best stuff I ever had in the 90s. Out of the newer strains that I've tried it reminds me of La Biker, it had that nice euphoric haze along with a heavy body sedation.

I remember getting this stuff as well. Man I miss that flavor. Been hunting for some seeds that are very pinene just this week.
Haven't run across anything just yet, but was wondering if Panama red has that pine scent/taste ??
Going to start a grow journal in a minute. Just popped a Blueberry auto, grape ape, Gelato, and a Acapulco gold.... :)

I remember getting this stuff as well. Man I miss that flavor. Been hunting for some seeds that are very pinene just this week.
Haven't run across anything just yet, but was wondering if Panama red has that pine scent/taste ??
Going to start a grow journal in a minute. Just popped a Blueberry auto, grape ape, Gelato, and a Acapulco gold....
I've always wanted to try Acapulco Gold. That sounds like a great lineup there. My next grow is gonna be Franco's lemon cheese, and Dark Phoenix. Had some purple star killer seeds soaking last week and like a moron I accidently spilled the jar and dumped my seeds down the drain so I need to place an order in the next couple weeks.

I've always wanted to try Acapulco Gold. That sounds like a great lineup there. My next grow is gonna be Franco's lemon cheese, and Dark Phoenix. Had some purple star killer seeds soaking last week and like a moron I accidently spilled the jar and dumped my seeds down the drain so I need to place an order in the next couple weeks.
I got my Acapulco gold from growers choice seeds. Pretty good size buds and good flavor, like very sweet coffee with some citrus in there as well. Very enjoyable!!

I got my Acapulco gold from growers choice seeds. Pretty good size buds and good flavor, like very sweet coffee with some citrus in there as well. Very enjoyable!!
I will definitely check them out

Hey everyone....

Back in Chicagoland and I believe throughout the midwest, around every Christmas there used to be a strain that came out called Christmas buds. I mentioned this on another thread but felt it deserved its own thread in search of what it exactly was.

These buds were so delicious, a mix between a pinetree and a peppermint candy cane and were nice pinecone shaped buds, very dense, with bright green and bright red hairs. I remember just a small 1 hitter packed with the christmas nugs was very strong and would hit your lungs like you just inhaled quick dry cement...very very strong high....

I have been wondering for years if anyone knows what strain or genetics these "christmas buds" came from? I know that I have seen people saying, "its just some bud that someone put a name on" which I highly doubt is true because it was consistant for a few years in a row that I could remember, always the same taste, look, and heavy inhale...

I would love to hear if anyone knows anything about this strain/cut/genetics because I would love to see if their still available and get my hands on some :) Also would love to see how many people got a chance to experience this wonderful tasting annual treat...

I would say this probably was around 1991-1995 or so... and I was in Chicagoland at the time..
Well that's why I'm here lol I got into a conversation about weed the other day when I suddenly remembered Christmas buds from about 94 to 98 when I was younger and I haven't seen or heard of any since thats y I had forgot about it and it only came out once a year at Christmas time.. very pine taste I don't remember any mint but it may have been there. Also I to am in the Midwest detroit area then and now. It could be a Midwest thing like crippy was in Florida at that time, another strain disappeared in time, strains weren't really a thing back then, weed was weed and occasionally someone may name it to make it sound kewl or say it came from Cali to charge more so I hope I'm wrong but for us who remember Christmas buds.. we may be phucked I always heard it got the pine from growing under a pine tree so maybe I'll try that one season lol

Well that's why I'm here lol I got into a conversation about weed the other day when I suddenly remembered Christmas buds from about 94 to 98 when I was younger and I haven't seen or heard of any since thats y I had forgot about it and it only came out once a year at Christmas time.. very pine taste I don't remember any mint but it may have been there. Also I to am in the Midwest detroit area then and now. It could be a Midwest thing like crippy was in Florida at that time, another strain disappeared in time, strains weren't really a thing back then, weed was weed and occasionally someone may name it to make it sound kewl or say it came from Cali to charge more so I hope I'm wrong but for us who remember Christmas buds.. we may be phucked I always heard it got the pine from growing under a pine tree so maybe I'll try that one season lol
I'm not sure where the majority of it came from but the stuff I used to get was grown In northeast Pennsylvania.

a little update on the Christmas bud. I believe I have found the closest strain out there 79 Christmas bud by CSI Humboldt. Gonna make it my life mission to find these seeds and grow this stuff

a little update on the Christmas bud. I believe I have found the closest strain out there 79 Christmas bud by CSI Humboldt. Gonna make it my life mission to find these seeds and grow this stuff

Contact them. I got mine from them years back. Still have some. Only issue with them is they were regulars. Not the end of the world but worth noting if your grow space is limited

Contact them. I got mine from them years back. Still have some. Only issue with them is they were regulars. Not the end of the world but worth noting if your grow space is limited
I found a pack last night

Back
Top Bottom